Become a Patron!

AEGIS LEGEND MOD with a Dead Rabbit RDA tank using a dual coil configuration

I have a question. Does anyone know what the best wattage setting/range for a 0.45ohm Alien Clapton Coil using a Dead Rabbit RDA tank on a AEGIS LEGEND 200W vape mod?

I am using a dual configuration so it has two coils inside but I don't know what the best wattage setting/range would be for a 0.45ohm Alien Clapton Coil. I been vaping for a while and normally use normal tank mods but this is my first time using a RDA so I don't know how to tell what I need to set my wattage at so I don't burn my cotton or over do it. I know how to build them just need to know the best wattage setting/range.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually just start at a lower wattage and work up from there. It's really wherever it's comfortable to you. If you like a warmer vape bump it up. If the mod has volts while pressing the fire button I usually vape around 3.8-4 volts. Give or take 40 watts depending on the build

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Is 0.45 ohms what's displaying on the screen of the Legend? So it isn't 0.45 ohms per coil?

That's a lot of metal, imo, so starting at 40W as @Mr Meowgi suggested is probably good. You'll want to go high enough that you aren't going crazy waiting for the coils to heat up. Just don't let the juice level get low and go easy until you're sure that the coils are wicking properly.

I'd normally run somewhere around 0.45 ohms, but in single coil nichrome, and wouldn't have to have wattage that high.

VU Sponsors