Become a Patron!

Advice

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
hey all...

So I just bought my first mech, a Sigelei Fu Chai. I'm having a few issues I was hoping to get some help or advice with.

I have two Drippers. The matching Fu Chai Rda, and a Little Boy clone. I have a .4 single twisted on the Fu Chai, and a sleeper dual .2 twisted on the Little Boy. Both fire nicely on my Sigelei 100W +. When I get the Little Boy on the mech, it only fires occasionally. And when it does the vapor production isn't even 1/2 of what I'm getting on my box. The Fu Chai RDA fires every time, but the vapor is almost non existent.

Battery inside is a Samsung 25R, brand new.

What am I doing wrong?

If it's that I need to adjust the pins inside the mech, how do I do so "safely"?

Thanks in advance.

D.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Like its loose inside? Not really. I guess a little if I shake it hard enough.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
There should be no rattling at all, if both sides of the battery aren't making contact then it won't fire properly. Inside the top cap there should be an adjustable contact (pin or screw. Part that touches the battery) bring it out little by little until the battery is nice and snug inside and won't move no matter how hard you shake it. It's kind of an annoying process, but necessary on some mech mods. Also make sure that battery is fully charged. Both of those builds should fire on a mech, especially the .2 without any problems. I just mentioned this in another thread, but if you try those builds on the Sigelei set at 3.9/4v then you should get a fairly accurate idea as to expected performance on a mechanical. A fully charged battery on a mechanical should be firing at around that voltage, so basically you're just setting the box mod to simulate the voltage of a mechanical. Then compare that to the performance you're actually getting. Should be fairly close-if not then there may be some other issue with the mods themselves

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You're the best. Thanks so much.

I guess I was concerned about tweaking the pins that I might do something stupid to the mod.

No rattle at all now, and both attys firing just fine.

You're also spot on about the voltage comparison. So thanks for that. I guess I didn't realize there'd be that big a difference between the mech and what I hit at 4.6 on my box. Sooo... Time to play with builds I suppose.

Thanks again!

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One piece of advice. I'd advise not going below 0.28 ohms. I see that you're using Samsung 25Rs. Those are 20 amp batteries. You'll want to leave about five amps headroom so that you aren't drawing more than 15 amps. Now theoretically, you could build down to 0.21 ohms, but that's a little dangerous. If the resistance, for whatever reason, fluctuates down at all you're screwed.

VU Sponsors