Become a Patron!

ADVICE PLEASE: Temp Control Mod Upgrade

Hi all,

Really just looking for a bit of advice on potentially buying a new mod.

I currently have a 200W Snow Wolf with a Uwell Crown - 0.15 Ni200 Coil vaping at the maximum temp wattage of 70W.

I'm considering a new mod for 2 reasons and looking for a bit of advice from the pro's......if i'm talking crap just tell me lol

1. The Uwell crowns sweet spot apparently is 90W but the Snow Wolf will only run upto 70W in temp mode. Are there are any better mods with higher wattage in temp mode? Are there any benefits to going unto 90W in temp mode?

2. The Uwell crown doesn't have any prebuilt Kanthal coils available, it uses Stainless steel coils which the Snow Wolf hates. It sticks in temp mode and very rarely will it auto switch into power mode....i've read a few forum posts of others having the same issue and 1 members even popped the quartz glass where the mod kept switching back and forth from temp to power mode.
Again, is there a better mod that supports Stainless coils?

Thanks in advance :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would take a look at the Wismec RX200.. It has a TC mode for stainless coils, should be great for your Crown... I own two of these mods and run the Crown .25 in power mode, as I'm not a fan of TC...at $50 they are the best mods I've vaped in a long time...good luck with your choice and Merry Christmas! ☺

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I would take a look at the Wismec RX200.. It has a TC mode for stainless coils, should be great for your Crown... I own two of these mods and run the Crown .25 in power mode, as I'm not a fan of TC...at $50 they are the best mods I've vaped in a long time...good luck with your choice and Merry Christmas! ☺

Thanks Jimmy, exactly the sort of advice I'm looking for! So I take it you can manually select whether it runs in TC mode as the snow wolf is auto which is where the problem lies.

I don't know if you know but what is the maximum wattage in TC mode?

What wattage do you run your .25 Ohm stainless coils with what VG?

Merry Christmas :)

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Jimmy, exactly the sort of advice I'm looking for! So I take it you can manually select whether it runs in TC mode as the snow wolf is auto which is where the problem lies.

1. I don't know if you know but what is the maximum wattage in TC mode?

22. What wattage do you run your .25 Ohm stainless coils with what VG?

1. if in Tc mode and coil does not support it you will end up in wattage or power mode.
2. the ss heads have ni legs which will throw off the tc a bit but i ran my at 50 watts and in tc at 340 give or take just fine. in tc mode on the rx the wattage is just a measure of how fast it reaches your setpoint for temp.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't know if you know but what is the maximum wattage in TC mode?

What wattage do you run your .25 Ohm stainless coils with what VG?

Glad to have helped!
Not sure how high wattage can run in TC but default starts at 200w..once you got your resistance locked in and select SS you set the temp and can set the wattage..maybe someone can chime in with specific info...
I like the the .25 at about 60-65w in power mode vaping 100℅ VG. Clouds and flavor are great..
a86c7ced83fded052cca5f52b0a392cc.jpg

Merry Christmas

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RX200 or Evic vtc mini. I've been using my Evic in SS temp mode with the crown tank and the .25 coils. Seems to be working great, especially with the 3.0 firmware. I should be getting my RX sometime next week, looking forward to messing around with it.

well after some reading up on it i've decided to order one, not sure i fancy all the tinkering with DNA200 version so the RX200 will be fine.......found one for £39.99 at DNA Vapes........might order a Koopor Plus aswell for £29.99 then see which one i prefer.......it's a shame as the snow wolf was amazing until I bought a Uwell Crown and to be fair it's such an amazing tank that I'd rather change the mod than the tank.
Now I'll have to buy 2 more 18650's to have 2 sets of 3..........I'm sure it was cheaper smoking cigs!!! lol

It is cheaper when you quit buying toys........ask me how I know.....LOL
I can't help it......started off with a Kanger EMOW which in hindsight was terrible! Upgrade to sub-ohm with an Innokin CoolFire IV and Kanger Subtank Mini and then went to the Snow Wolf with a Uwell Crown.......NOW JUST BOUGHT AN RX200!! lol

To be fair I would've stuck with what I've got if it wasn't for the couple of niggles with the Snow Wolf, it doesn't play well with Stainless and is quite restrictive in temp mode at only 70W.

Let's hope I don't have any issues with the Wismec as it looks like their customer service is terrible from other forum posts :s

RX200 or Evic vtc mini. I've been using my Evic in SS temp mode with the crown tank and the .25 coils. Seems to be working great, especially with the 3.0 firmware. I should be getting my RX sometime next week, looking forward to messing around with it.
friend of mine just got the VTC Mini and it's a lovely mod, love the way the screen is laid out......just not enough oomph :)

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the crown is a fine tank, sitting atop the rx 200 you should be good for a while...just out of curiosity, who told you the sweet spot was 90 watts

NCHornet

Member For 4 Years
I am rocking the new Fuchai 200W and the TFV4. So far I have used the quad coil and the single rda and they both put out huge amounts of vapor and more flavor than I have ever gotten. No SS wire, but with all the coils available for this thing including Clapton, a single and double rda it's all I need.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea really with the ss coils, the Crown on the RX runs good from 45-70 watts. I run tc mode exclusively and set watts at 80 and temp at 500-550 depending on the juice....l like to dial in the temp for perfect flavor every hit...

the crown is a fine tank, sitting atop the rx 200 you should be good for a while...just out of curiosity, who told you the sweet spot was 90 watts
came up a few times in a few different reviews, i always do a lot of research before buying any new product

i've struggled to run at 90W with 90%VG as i find it doesn't wick fast enough, i'll try with some thinner liquid at some point

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
came up a few times in a few different reviews, i always do a lot of research before buying any new product

i've struggled to run at 90W with 90%VG as i find it doesn't wick fast enough, i'll try with some thinner liquid at some point
That's odd...I mean I run 100% VG in my Crown(s) with the .25 coils all day long at about 60-65w without coming close to a dry hit, even chain vaping....good clouds and awesome flavor too...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
20151226_133534.jpg This is what I run a lot in my Crown. 80/20 vg pg...works great ....

VU Sponsors