Become a Patron!

AcidRain's Triforce of Power

acidrain23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is a new creation of mine. So far so good, it is delicious!

FA Grapefruit 5%
FA Gin 2%
FA Cardamom 1%

I just mixed the sample last night and holy cow- that cardamom is strong stuff (but tasty! loves me some cardamom). I'm going to let it steep some more to see if it changes. Unsure if I need to increase the grapefruit and the gin AND reduce the cardamom, or just bring the cardamom down to let the grapefruit speak, but thinking for the next round, this should be good:

FA Grapefruit 7%
FA Gin 3%
FA Cardamom .25-.5%

Either way, this combo is killer! :)

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is a new creation of mine. So far so good, it is delicious!

FA Grapefruit 5%
FA Gin 2%
FA Cardamom 1%

I just mixed the sample last night and holy cow- that cardamom is strong stuff (but tasty! loves me some cardamom). I'm going to let it steep some more to see if it changes. Unsure if I need to increase the grapefruit and the gin AND reduce the cardamom, or just bring the cardamom down to let the grapefruit speak, but thinking for the next round, this should be good:

FA Grapefruit 7%
FA Gin 3%
FA Cardamom .25-.5%

Either way, this combo is killer! :)
I don't have a one of these flavors now, but this does sound interesting. How is the FA Grapefruit just as a flavor? Is it a true ruby red flavor or a true white grapefruit? I love the latter and drink it every day, but yet to get the FA flavor.

Love the Zelda name too, LOL!

acidrain23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Haha.

I get more of a white grapefruit from it, for my tastebuds. It is really good! Probably my favorite citrus so far. Very realistic.
After puffing on my tank all day, thinking this needs a bit of acidity to read a little more accurately. Also my vapor is hot, warm grapefruit vapor is a little strange- going to try it with a little koolada too.

Cheers!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha.

I get more of a white grapefruit from it, for my tastebuds. It is really good! Probably my favorite citrus so far. Very realistic.
After puffing on my tank all day, thinking this needs a bit of acidity to read a little more accurately. Also my vapor is hot, warm grapefruit vapor is a little strange- going to try it with a little koolada too.

Cheers!
Ah hell, will add to my next flavor shopping list

acidrain23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is definitely better after steeping a few days. Initially the cardamom is so strong it reads a bit like incense. Anyway, still too much cardamom but after making the previously mentioned adjustments, it should be good- will update on my next round of mixing when I get back around to this. 7% FA Grapefruit seems like it would be a lot, but this flavor is pretty subtle for their line (to my tastebuds anyway)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors