Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Bohr is a relatively new vape product company. They have previously released the Chaser Kit and Hunter Pod.
For the purpose of this review, Penny at Bohr Vape sent me their newest product.

Flask – the intelligent vape pod reviewed

Packaging:
Minimal on branding and product name. Detailed info on the back. The Flask comes boxed in a foam cut-out, wrapped in a protective sleeve and with screen protector. Included is a manual, warranty card, and warning card advising new vapors how to prep the coil, avoid dry/burnt hits, etc.
20190607_210802.jpg 20190607_210836.jpg 20190607_210743.jpg 20190607_211018.jpg 20190607_211505.jpg

Included hardware:
X1 - 2ml refillable cartridge.
X1 - 1.2Ω MTL ceramic coil
X1 - 0.4Ω DL mesh coil
X1 - Micro USB charging cable

Let's take a look at Flask. A Pod with a mod!
Dimensions: mm = 90 x 43 x 15.5 [inch = 3.5 x 1.7 x 0.6] Weight - 2 oz
Features:
M7H68A7.png

Flask has many safety features:
Switch timeout – Over temp – Over current – Over charge – Over discharge – Short circuit
Constructed mostly of plastics with an aluminum shell, it will be available in 3 brushed aluminum finishes. Black, Gunmetal, and Gold.
The brushed finish is nice.
yglhb86.jpg

Has an actual battery indicator that shows charge status while charging. Arrived with 4 bars and takes 90 mins to charge from 0-100%, using a 2A source. The built in 1150Mah battery is longer lasting than most and has considerably more run time that the 350-700 or even 900Mah pods we see on the market. A full charge using mid-high range power lasted over a day of frequent vaping.
AlUKvKB.jpg

The slots at the top are for ventilation.
The bottom has 4 nice size battery vents and a beveled edge.

Settings:

Flask has 3 vaping modes to provide precise, accurate, and stable power for the coil, juice type, nic, and vapor production of your choice. Exclusive Play mode as well as Watts mode and Voltage mode utilize the Saga Player chip derived from cell phone technology and Bohr’s innovation.
YRilIdo.jpg

Play mode is a power wave-pulse technology. While power delivery in all modes is fast at the press of the button, Play mode hits the hardest and fastest if that’s what you want.
The 1.2Ω is a tight, long, MTL draw. Play and Voltage modes are what I liked for this one.
Play was my desired mode for the .4Ω coil because it gave me more vapor and flavor with its restricted DL, esp with fruits the flavor was more pronounced.
Wattage mode works well with either coil.
Both coils produce satisfying vapor and good flavor.

Power Range and adjustability:
3 power button clicks changes the device to the next mode.
Power adjustment increments via the side up/down button vary from 1. to .01 depending on mode and button click. For example, in wattage mode a long press of the adjustment bar results in 1-watt movement until the button is released, while short clicks move it .1w at a time.
For Voltage and Play(A) modes, long press for .1 adjusting and short clicks for .01 at a time.
Instead of using a lighting system or some other indication of a power range, Flask has the ability to fine tune the power so that the user can precisely and accurately adjust to their desired vape. Power delivery was accurate and stable throughout the battery discharge.

One of the settings listed in Features is the puff timer. I think a very small number, minute probably, care how much time their last puff took. A puff counter would be much more functional. # of puffs the battery lasted. # of puffs a fill lasted. How many puffs did I take today…? It would mean making a counter instead of a timer. One that keeps counting through mode changes or pod removals. This timer can be seen for 2 secs after each puff so if you want to look, be quick.

Pod:
When the pod is removed, the mod loses connection at the contacts. So, when it’s installed, the mode settings will default to the manufacturer’s suggested. While it’s fast and easy enough to set the power level back to our liking, we can also minimize removal of the pod by turning the device upside down to view the juice level through the tip, since its part of the 2ml capacity. When the upside-down tip is about ½ filled, it’s about time to refill. There’s no reason to remove the pod until it’s time to fill or change the coil. Coil must be installed to fill, otherwise it will leak out of the tip.
While comfy, the tip is slippery when pulling the pod out. I remove it with a firm grasp of the tip and slight side-to-side pressure while pulling up. If you pull to hard your fingers will slip off the tip, so coaxing is involved. No deal breaker
Tip is 19tallx7.5x13.5mm and the bore goes from a smaller round bore that houses the coil, to a 3x11mm oval at the top.
wtqiTaQ.jpg

When inserting the pod, it has 6 nubs to align, as well as keep it snug in place. It aligns easily then goes into place by pushing down on the tip or the two flat areas on top.
The pod fits snug and not overly tight and has no wobble or movement once installed or while in use.
Note the beveled edge on the top.

dNIvMzQ.png

It has one fill port, but it’s sizable. It’s covered by a flexible stopper that swivels on one end to keep it attached. Glass droppers and 120ml squeeze tips fit, and smaller makes it a piece of cake to fill. Having one port, I tilted the pod while filling and had no issue with air pockets, overfilling or spillage, due to the port being large enough to allow air to escape while filling.

Coils:
As noted, you get 2. Can be used with nic salts or reg freebase nic.
Each coil has 4 wicking ports, 3 sealing O-rings, and etched with info except for metal type which is most likely kanthal to get these resistances in micro coils.
The 1.2Ω ceramic MTL is a tight MTL. And the .4Ω mesh a restricted DL.
XHbDSvr.jpg

The coil is thread-less/push-fit, and lives flush with the bottom of the pod like pictured below. Also, the red insulator on the bottom of the coil should be like shown, so when installed the contacts on the coil touch the contacts on the mod.
nBpWOLm.jpg

I’ve had Flask for close to a week and used it most all or some, each day. Into 3rd fill and haven’t had any leaks.

I think Bohr did a nice job with the design elements and build quality:

· Bright, easy to see and read screen
· 3 modes
· Detailed power adjustments
· Big battery and battery indicator
· No rattles. Buttons have no wobble, are very clicky with tactile feel
· No leaks
· Comfortable to hold and fire. Very ergonomic with beveled top & bottom, no sharp edges, no boxy corners. Stealthy if you want it to be
· Small and lightweight. Very pocket or purse friendly
· It looks good. Looks classy and elegant. Nice brushed finish
· Good flavor and vapor.

Other thoughts:
· No puff counter
· No tip cover. I don’t care that it didn’t come with one. But some might.
· The USB cable is too short. But who doesn’t have more cables than they need already? Still, if there’s going to be one it needs to be longer to be practical.
· Maybe a little knurling on the 2 edges of the drip tip to make it a little more grippable to remove the pod.

Thanks to Penny and Bohr Vape.
https://bohrvape.com/index.php?c=product&id=29

yFdruVI.jpg

6HpGnCr.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors