Become a Patron!

A sub for French Vanilla Cream?

chanelvaps

Member For 4 Years
Anybody have a suggestion for a sub for TFA French Vanilla Cream. Longing to make a recipe and am out of this and tired of placing orders for everything I need. Like two $70-80 orders in the last few weeks.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated
I have all the creams and all vanilla's one could imagine. At least with TFA, CAP, and FA

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have used Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA). I guess it depends more so on the end product, what you are looking for, and what its going in. If you have a ton of creams and vanillas-should not be to hard to mix them to get something close. But if you have a ton of them why try and make something already out there-mix up your own new take on french vanilla cream? Toss in some toasted marshmallow with it :xD:

chanelvaps

Member For 4 Years
It is going in a Lemon Cheesecake.
I am not a mixologist and only make juices from others peoples recipes. I really am not good at figuring it out and was hoping for direction on which vanilla and which cream would be a good sub.
The creams I have are Bavarian, Sweet, Fresh, Catalan and Vienna
The vanilla's I have are Bourbon, Madagascar, Shisa and Holy.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Im no mixologist either but if the names taste like they sound maybe this will work.

Equal Parts Sweet/Vienna
Madagascar vanilla to taste.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm a newbie here, and brand new to mixing juice, but one thing I thought of to mention about the OP's original question, and you all probably know this and I'm stepping out of line...but...French Vanilla flavors in food, like ice cream, are made with a base that contains a lot of egg yolk. Using just cream and vanilla, won't you miss that richness that the egg yolk taste provides?

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I'm a newbie here, and brand new to mixing juice, but one thing I thought of to mention about the OP's original question, and you all probably know this and I'm stepping out of line...but...French Vanilla flavors in food, like ice cream, are made with a base that contains a lot of egg yolk. Using just cream and vanilla, won't you miss that richness that the egg yolk taste provides?
You're getting good at that :) this French vanilla cream in particular does have a malty feel/flavor to it tho. Not many flavors do contain that, malty milk won't cut it either since its different.

Close without the malt but still with vanilla would be Loranns Bavarian Cream since it has more vanilla in comparison to TFA and is also a lot creamier/richer, more of a heavy cream.
Next up Vanilla Swirl, fully different to the flavor that's used in the recipe, but a great substitute in most recipes that you want the creamy and richness of a light custard/pudding with hints of vanilla, adding shisha vanilla to that would make it more vanilla pronounced.
One on ones vanilla custard cheesecake would be good sub as well, since it provides a tiny small amount of sour/tangy you can get as back note from anything malted, super short steep time as well.
French vanilla from TFA is close to what you looking for without the cream, adding some sweet cream or marshmallow to it would give the same mouth feel but without again the malt.

But out of all things you have, its hard to do a substitute, your best bet would be Bavarian cream with your shisha vanilla at 1% BC and O.5% SV can be upped if you want more vanilla. But I wouldn't go above 1%. Bavarian cream can be upped as well but I would start with that 1% to mimick the actual ingredient from the main recipe. Bavarian cream can also mute so don't go wild on it if you increase it. Holy vanilla, are we talking about dsf? If so take that, its not close but defiantly at lower percentage a much better ingredient than the french vanilla cream because its richer, sweeter and more of an high end vanilla flavor. And if by any luck you have vanilla cream by inawera, that's a possibility as well between 0.5-0.75%. add 3 extra days to your steep time tho, cus while its amazing besides custards I've never seen any cream taking its slow ass steeping time. Horrible job on that one Inawera lol

Last edited:

VU Sponsors