Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was that surgery to take off the contraption?

It's none of my business, but you know we're all rooting for Jean.
No this one was to see how well she has healed inside so they can see if there is a chance of reversing it.
I feel like a heal but I kept tellin her if she didn't quit smokin and start doin things to make it heal that she would have no hope of ever gettin ride of it.
Okay, I don't want to be the one who says it can't be a Saturday, so Jimi, with 2-3 weeks notice, pick a day and I'll make it work, and if anybody else can't make it work they'll say so, and you can move it to a different day, until we nail it. I don't want to be the cat herder.
Pretty much any day is fine with me, awe, the pleasures of bein retired :bliss:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No this one was to see how well she has healed inside so they can see if there is a chance of reversing it.
I feel like a heal but I kept tellin her if she didn't quit smokin and start doin things to make it heal that she would have no hope of ever gettin ride of it.

Pretty much any day is fine with me, awe, the pleasures of bein retired :bliss:
We'll haveta wait and see when Wolfie will be free to be here too ;)

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay, I don't want to be the one who says it can't be a Saturday, so Jimi, with 2-3 weeks notice, pick a day and I'll make it work, and if anybody else can't make it work they'll say so, and you can move it to a different day, until we nail it. I don't want to be the cat herder.
1714577627419.png

OK, since someone has to try to herd y'all I'm going to throw two dates out there and see what happens.

How about Sunday May 19th?
Or maybe Sunday May 26th?

The advantage of the 26th is it is a long weekend since Monday is Memorial Day. This means we might potentially be able to keep things going later. Of course some of you might have plans that Sunday so I guess let's see what everyone has to say about those days.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
But, it was quite intense again. Had warnings to the west, but that was in the county next to my county and thankfully disappeared. Had two warnings to the north and another to the south was in between both of them. One person was killed in the county west of here.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Todays good thing.... Learned about this stuff called Hypochlorous Acid. It's good for the skin, hair, good for doggies and kitties fur as well. I spray it on the kitties and their fur is so so soft. I don't put it on them everyday just every other day or two.
But, decided to try it on my my hair after putting on conditioner. Wow, it made my hair feel nice n soft and a lot easier than dealing with honey ! So Very glad I happened to stumble across this stuff.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 214658

OK, since someone has to try to herd y'all I'm going to throw two dates out there and see what happens.

The advantage of the 26th is it is a long weekend since Monday is Memorial Day. This means we might potentially be able to keep things going later. Of course some of you might have plans that Sunday so I guess let's see what everyone has to say about those days.
I'll just go with whatever everyone else decides on and clear the calendar for that date.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 214658

Either is fine with me

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Hot muggy day here, rained last night again, we've had about 4 inches of rain now:bliss:
I hope the day has been kind to everyone:)

f5d993aba6b30d0b2f4d2918587321d6.jpg

0477f9af86d996d4b4f76d70ecbaf679.jpg

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Woot! Thanks to Kad the cat herder, it's coming together.

Wolfie was the one we were waiting to hear from, and she has said "I'll just go with whatever everyone else decides on and clear the calendar for that date."

Without looking back too thoroughly, I'm thinking everybody else said "whatever everybody else decides".

So now Jimi can choose from the dates Kad suggested:

Sunday May 19
or
Sunday May 26 (3-day weekend), and I think Kad has a preference for that since he'll be off work the next day. Theoretically I'll be off that Monday too, but probably not in reality. Soooooooo............

Jimi? May 26?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Come on down to my boat baby

When I saw you posted this song, I remembered a story I heard on the news long ago, and wondered if it could be tracked down on the interwebs.

This is in the wiki for the song, but it fails to mention that on this pirate radio station, which was broadcasting from a boat, they played only "Come on down to my boat baby", over and over and over again, no other songs.

The song was back in the news in 1987, when pirate radio station Radio Newyork International played the record as its first-ever musical selection. (Unfortunately for RNI, federal authorities took the hint and raided the boat from where the station was broadcasting, arresting the staff and terminating the operation.)

VU Sponsors