Become a Patron!

A Quick Question About Flavor Percentages

Pillzee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know everyone has different tastes and such but I need some generalized advice. Before I ordered all of my supplies I gathered up recipes that I thought sounded good from some of the forums. Mostly fruity ones. Now the recipes I have gathered have percentages that range from 12% to 20% flavoring. They also range from 2 - 6 flavor blends. Now are those percentages good for a RDA? I am a dripper and I know flavors really can come through while dripping. Do I need to cut the percentages down or is that the usual range for dripping?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
don't know, but it would help if you could pop up a sample recipe..
it really depends on the flavor and the manufacturer.. last, your taste buds :)

Pillzee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
don't know, but it would help if you could pop up a sample recipe..
it really depends on the flavor and the manufacturer.. last, your taste buds :)

Here is a sample. All flavors TFA unless otherwise noted

7% Juicy Peach
5% Mango
2% Jackfruit
3% Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
3% Strawberry (FA)

8% Strawberry (FA)
7% Juicy Peach
1% Coconut Extra

5% Pomegranate
5% Blueberry Wild
5% Acai

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
looks about right..
there are a few threads here about the different manufacturer's flavoring recommendations..

what I would do if i were you, is to take flavors solo and start at around 5% and work up..
for anything other than vaping zone and flavor art.. then once you see where you like things, you can mix up other flavors..
but this is about the standard range.. ;)

Pillzee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok sounds good. Thank you for the input. I was going to do a bunch of 5ml batches to try out the flavors solo but damn it is so tempting to make a flavor explosion. Being as I am just starting DIY I guess I need to learn patience. :p

crybabybunting

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm no expert, but i think DIY doesn't have to follow one standard rule or method. Just start throwing stuff together. Use your schnoz to see what smells good. Use your intuition. Just don't mix chocolate and grapefruit, right? Ya know what I mean?

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I still say, you have to do a 1 flavor start to know what your flavor is like before you start throwing things together, but that is just me and I am really a new DIYer. I am still figuring out what each flavor from each company taste like.. Tried one multi mix and yuck. That taught me... But to each their own way. Why it's called Do It Yourself.....

We can use all the tips the vets let us know but the bottom line is how we like it at the finish...

hey, some of us love chocolate covered grapefruits.....

Pillzee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I appreciate all of the feed back. I am waiting on my amazon order to come in with all of my 1ml syringes for flavorings so I can make more batches. So last night I made 2 batches, each of a single flavor. 5%/3mg/VG+ . I am taking down lots of notes with stuff from what I am doing and mix ratios to my observations and feelings about what the process is like. I will do a small taste test in a little bit to see how they taste 12hrs after being made that way I can keep track of observations about steeping times on the particular flavor.

VU Sponsors