Become a Patron!

A question about Sub ohm Tanks and Nicotine Levels.

I quit smoking and I am new to Vaping within the past year and but I been out of the Vaping scene for 9 months since my iTaste VTR Box Mod and the original iClear 30 Tank have been working flawless since I bought them but now it is starting to have issues.

Back when I first got started with eCigs, most of the tanks were 1.5 to 3.5 ohms and we used very low watts but now I see things are going Sub-Atomic lol.

0.2 ohms and 100 watts in pre-builts? Wow! I guess it's not just for the RBA'ers anymore.

Anyway, Today I purchased a Zero SX 50 Watt Box Mod with a Delta II Sub-ohm Tank (0.5 ohm).

Common sense kinda explains why people rather go Sub-ohm over the way it use to be, (bigger clouds, more flavor...) but then I read a short comment which puzzled me and I haven't been able to find any more info about it.

Someone mention they vape 18mg nic liquid (which is what I Vape as well) and they just got a .05 Sub-ohm Tank.
Someone commented back that he should Vape 6mg nic liquid now that he is using a Sub-ohm tank. (3x less Nicotine?)

So does that mean if you push 3x more watts you should use 3x less Nicotine? Does that also mean you will burn 3x more liquid as well?

Would he still have the same Nic satisfaction from 6mg with a 0.5 Sub-ohm tank pushing 30 watts vs 18mg in a regular 1.5 ohm Clearomizer tank pushing 10 watts?

Thanks for any help you can shine on this matter and thank you so much for all the awesome eCig support you guys provide.

"You can learn a lot by hanging around these halls" :)

-TANKACHOO

Last edited:

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
More volume of 'vapor' is ingested, so more nicotine, even though the percentage is less. Disposable cigalikes generally have very high nic. levels, because of the lower volume of 'vapor' produced and thus ingested...

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had to lower my nic level when I got my Subtank mini. I was using 18 mg juice with my Kanger Emow, when I upgraded to the Subtank Mini I had to lower my nic level. 18 mg juice was too strong with the 1.2 ohm coil. Now I use 12 mg juice with the 1.2 ohm coil. 12 mg juice is too strong for me with a 0.5 ohm coil. If I try the 0.5 ohm coil again it will be with 6 mg juice.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sub ohming 18mg will get you nic sick don't do it. use high vg and low nic juices for sub ohm tanks. i personally use 3 mg in my sub ohm clearomizers and even less in my drippers.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the thing: vapor comes from vaporizing juice. To get more vapor, you're going to need to burn more juice. If you don't cut back to a lower mg/ml, you'll start consuming much more nicotine as you consume more juice. This is why high-vapor devices like RDAs and sub-tanks come with recommendations to cut back on juice strength - if you vape three times as much juice by volume, you only need 1/3 the nic content to keep your consumption constant.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's the thing: vapor comes from vaporizing juice. To get more vapor, you're going to need to burn more juice. If you don't cut back to a lower mg/ml, you'll start consuming much more nicotine as you consume more juice. This is why high-vapor devices like RDAs and sub-tanks come with recommendations to cut back on juice strength - if you vape three times as much juice by volume, you only need 1/3 the nic content to keep your consumption constant.
You Knocked it out of the park. couldn't have said it better myself.
@TANKACHOO Just make sure you understand Ohms Law and practice good battery safety, use high amp/drain batteries

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I quit smoking and I am new to Vaping within the past year and but I been out of the Vaping scene for 9 months since my iTaste VTR Box Mod and the original iClear 30 Tank have been working flawless since I bought them but now it is starting to have issues.

Back when I first got started with eCigs, most of the tanks were 1.5 to 3.5 ohms and we used very low watts but now I see things are going Sub-Atomic lol.

0.2 ohms and 100 watts in pre-builts? Wow! I guess it's not just for the RBA'ers anymore.

Anyway, Today I purchased a Zero SX 50 Watt Box Mod with a Delta II Sub-ohm Tank (0.5 ohm).

Common sense kinda explains why people rather go Sub-ohm over the way it use to be, (bigger clouds, more flavor...) but then I read a short comment which puzzled me and I haven't been able to find any more info about it.

Someone mention they vape 18mg nic liquid (which is what I Vape as well) and they just got a .05 Sub-ohm Tank.
Someone commented back that he should Vape 6mg nic liquid now that he is using a Sub-ohm tank. (3x less Nicotine?)

So does that mean if you push 3x more watts you should use 3x less Nicotine? Does that also mean you will burn 3x more liquid as well?

Would he still have the same Nic satisfaction from 6mg with a 0.5 Sub-ohm tank pushing 30 watts vs 18mg in a regular 1.5 ohm Clearomizer tank pushing 10 watts?

Thanks for any help you can shine on this matter and thank you so much for all the awesome eCig support you guys provide.

"You can learn a lot by hanging around these halls" :)

-TANKACHOO

I agree with the guys above...but there is another option to consider. When I first started vaping vaped at 36mg and then 30 for a long time and then I used 24mg in my drippers...but that was back before subohming was as common as it is now :) As I started using Kayfuns and building my drippers lower I started using 24 mg in my tanks and 18 in my drippers,,,,then I went to 18 in my tanks and 12 in my drippers as my builds got lower and my clouds got denser I stepped down like this...till finally I am at 6mg in both my tanks and my drippers and am thinking I need to get some 3mg for dripping as that 6 seems a bit strong these days...but I like to vape a lot so for me the lower nicotine level is better so I can vape more. I go threw more juice this way but because my nic level in my liquid is lower but I don't get sick from too much nic....

That being said...some days at work or running errands I am pretty busy and don't have time to take a break for hours because i have too much work to get done and not enough time in the day to do it...so...for days like that I still keep a bottle of 12mg juice around for my tanks so I can just take a quick drag or two to get my nic fix and keep going without really taking time out to have a long vape session like I normally would if I was vaping 6mg liquid.

While I agree 18mg will be a bit strong in a Sub ohm tank I think you should get a small bottle of your favorite flavor in both 6 and 12 mg's and then see which one works better for you. If you just like to take a quick puff every now and then and go about your day then the 12 might work better for you...but if you like to stop and enjoy your vape like we all did with analogs than 6 might be the better route. Either way...with the sub ohm coil burning liquid at a much higher rate than the smaller coils did in the old tanks we had you're going to go threw more juice...but you're going to get a better vape experience out of it in return...the higher nic level will keep you from vaping as much...but it might be too much nic at once even if you just stop for a couple drags...the only way to know for sure is to try both for yourself and see which one suites you best.

Good luck, enjoy, and happy vaping! :)

I know this is an old thread, but being new to sub-ohm and fining this info extremely helpful, I had to respond. madmonkey, THANK YOU!!!!!!! I tried the 3 mg sub-ohm juice on a mod for this kind of e-juice an honestly, it was like vaping air. So, they let me try the 6 mg, (being a former band member--flute player--I inhaled for about one minute, blew the guy away LOL) and I couldn't tell the difference. Before moving to a mod/sub-ohm set-up, I had vaped 36 mg like you. I have back issues from: 1) Train wreck I was in when I was 19, 2) Degenerative disc disease which has led to mild scoliosis, 3) Two or three different types of arthritis, 4) A narrowing spine and 5) Fibromyalgia. For all those unaware, nicotine IS a pain killer. Native Americans would use tobacco for this purpose. Even though I'm on pain killers, there are times when they just don't cut it. I would love to get off cigarettes (some situations just scream for one! LOL) and e-juice, however, I don't think my pain will allow me to. For now I'm at 12 mg and am just beginning to try the new temp coils. Perhaps with the temp coils I will be able to lower the nicotine level. Here's hoping!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know this is an old thread, but being new to sub-ohm and fining this info extremely helpful, I had to respond. madmonkey, THANK YOU!!!!!!! I tried the 3 mg sub-ohm juice on a mod for this kind of e-juice an honestly, it was like vaping air. So, they let me try the 6 mg, (being a former band member--flute player--I inhaled for about one minute, blew the guy away LOL) and I couldn't tell the difference. Before moving to a mod/sub-ohm set-up, I had vaped 36 mg like you. I have back issues from: 1) Train wreck I was in when I was 19, 2) Degenerative disc disease which has led to mild scoliosis, 3) Two or three different types of arthritis, 4) A narrowing spine and 5) Fibromyalgia. For all those unaware, nicotine IS a pain killer. Native Americans would use tobacco for this purpose. Even though I'm on pain killers, there are times when they just don't cut it. I would love to get off cigarettes (some situations just scream for one! LOL) and e-juice, however, I don't think my pain will allow me to. For now I'm at 12 mg and am just beginning to try the new temp coils. Perhaps with the temp coils I will be able to lower the nicotine level. Here's hoping!

I vaped at 15mg when I switched to sub ohm. It freaked a few people out. But we do what we have to do to get the monkey off our back.

It's taken me awhile to get to 3mg. But my circumstances were/are different from yours.

Best of luck to you.

Das Bund

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had just started vaping and just smoked my last cigarette (unbeknownst to me) and I started with vaping 18mg nic in my iClear 16's and it was great. Then when I transitioned to sub-ohm tanks I tried vaping my usual 18nic eJuice and it tasted horrible and was way to strong for me. I bought lower nic level juices but I found the flavor of the nicotine to be very strong. I was vaping a lot, chain vaping all day and the second day I got pretty nic sic. I finally stepped down to 3nic and now I can vape all day long and I feel great. I get just the right amount of nic in my system and the flavor of every juice really shines through.

Like Shatosa above, I also see that this is an old thread. I was curious about nicotine levels related to sub-ohming and a Google search led me here, so I thought I'd join up. I've been vaping for a couple years now, having started with some of the cheaper e-cigs, and I currently use a Kanger Mini ProTank3 and a twist-type vv battery as my "everyday" setup. Depending on what my local smoke shops have on hand when I need to buy coils, I use 1.2ohm to 1.8ohm units as follows:

• 1.2ohm - 3.2V
  • 1.5ohm - 3.6V to 4.0V
  • 1.8ohm - 4.0V to 4.4V

I've been interested in sub-ohming for a while, and am seriously considering picking up a Kanger SUBOX Nano Starter Kit as a good place to start. I usually buy 24mg juice, and I vape fairly heavily throughout the day. When I still smoked analogs, I could easily go through 2 to 3 packs of full-flavor menthols per day. From the responses above, I see that if I do decide to venture into the world of sub-ohming I will need to go with some weaker juices unless I want to make myself sick. The downside to that would be increased juice consumption. So having learned that from this thread, I guess I have to ask what the advantages of sub-ohming are. Aside from giant cloud production (if you're into that) it would seem to me that there are a few disadvantages to sub-ohming:

• Higher hardware and parts costs
  • Higher e-juice costs due to increased usage @ lower nic levels
  • Inherent risks of sub-ohming (those these seem to be less now that the technology and knowledge has improved)
For me, the only advantage I can really see with sub-ohming would be possibly higher/better nicotine intake per "hit" resulting in vaping less throughout the day. Can anyone here point out some other advantages and/or disadvantages that I and others should take into account before deciding to go sub-ohm?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Like Shatosa above, I also see that this is an old thread. I was curious about nicotine levels related to sub-ohming and a Google search led me here, so I thought I'd join up. I've been vaping for a couple years now, having started with some of the cheaper e-cigs, and I currently use a Kanger Mini ProTank3 and a twist-type vv battery as my "everyday" setup. Depending on what my local smoke shops have on hand when I need to buy coils, I use 1.2ohm to 1.8ohm units as follows:

• 1.2ohm - 3.2V
  • 1.5ohm - 3.6V to 4.0V
  • 1.8ohm - 4.0V to 4.4V

I've been interested in sub-ohming for a while, and am seriously considering picking up a Kanger SUBOX Nano Starter Kit as a good place to start. I usually buy 24mg juice, and I vape fairly heavily throughout the day. When I still smoked analogs, I could easily go through 2 to 3 packs of full-flavor menthols per day. From the responses above, I see that if I do decide to venture into the world of sub-ohming I will need to go with some weaker juices unless I want to make myself sick. The downside to that would be increased juice consumption. So having learned that from this thread, I guess I have to ask what the advantages of sub-ohming are. Aside from giant cloud production (if you're into that) it would seem to me that there are a few disadvantages to sub-ohming:

• Inherent risks of sub-ohming (those these seem to be less now that the technology and knowledge has improved)
For me, the only advantage I can really see with sub-ohming would be possibly higher/better nicotine intake per "hit" resulting in vaping less throughout the day. Can anyone here point out some other advantages and/or disadvantages that I and others should take into account before deciding to go sub-ohm?

Sub Ohm = a better delivery of nicotine.

Some mods offer more flexibility IE temp control or wattage. I use both.

The denser clouds feel closer to actually smoking to me. Just my thoughts.

The cloud chasers made this possible, with their search for denser clouds, and improved mods.

Depending on the tank, you won't necessarily use more juice. But it's a very high probability if you use a tank like the TFV4.

If you switch to sub ohm, here's my recommendation as a former 3 pack a day smoker. Buy 2 bottles of the same juice, 1 bottle @ 12mg. The other at 0mg.

Try vaping 12mg. If the Nic is too high (it may well be), mix it with the 0mg to produce 6mg mix. And go from there.

Or, buy 6mg. And keep a bottle of higher Nic juice around, just in case you need a quick boost.

I vape 10-15ml a day. But it spiked every time I stepped my Nic down. But it would level off and return to my normal 10-15 after my body adjusted to the lower Nic. And I kept a bottle of higher Nic around, just in case.

Thanks for the reply & additional info, PPP.

Sub Ohm = a better delivery of nicotine.

For me, this is definitely a plus. As we all know, some people vape as a means to wean themselves off nicotine completely. I've never aimed to quit nicotine, simply to do away with smoking analogs. I forgot to mention in my previous post that in addition to smoking 2-3 packs/day I also chewed during work hours, usually 1 to 1.5 cans of Skoal per week, so I definitely like and can handle a high nicotine intake.

The denser clouds feel closer to actually smoking to me. Just my thoughts.

I'm very curious to see how they "feel" to me. When I still smoked regularly it took me 10-15 minutes to smoke a cigarette. Now after having moderately decent vape gear (the aforemention Mini ProTank 3) I can smoke a full-flavor Newport or Marb Menthol in about 5 minutes. It's like breathing air to me.

The cloud chasers made this possible, with their search for denser clouds, and improved mods.

:D:D:D

Depending on the tank, you won't necessarily use more juice. But it's a very high probability if you use a tank like the TFV4.

I would think that's as much a product of the tank as it is the coils, battery, e-juice, and frequency of vaping. However, as overall cost (including e-juice usage) is a factor for me, I'll take your info to heart and actually stay away from the V4 tank. Being quite satisfied with Kanger products, I am leaning toward that brand for if and when I do decide to go sub-ohm.

If you switch to sub ohm, here's my recommendation as a former 3 pack a day smoker. Buy 2 bottles of the same juice, 1 bottle @ 12mg. The other at 0mg.

Try vaping 12mg. If the Nic is too high (it may well be), mix it with the 0mg to produce 6mg mix. And go from there.

Or, buy 6mg. And keep a bottle of higher Nic juice around, just in case you need a quick boost.

I vape 10-15ml a day. But it spiked every time I stepped my Nic down. But it would level off and return to my normal 10-15 after my body adjusted to the lower Nic. And I kept a bottle of higher Nic around, just in case.

Again, thanks for the info. Of course everybody is different in so many respects, but it's nice to have a baseline reference to start with. 10-15mL/day is quite a bit more than I currently use but obviously I am not sub-ohming. At that rate of consumption and at $7.99 for a 12mL bottle of juice at my local shops, I could smoke a pack a day of analogs and still save money LOL But that would defeat the purpose of vaping :):) I honestly never liked cigarettes whereas the vape is something I do enjoy.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the reply & additional info, PPP.

For me, this is definitely a plus. As we all know, some people vape as a means to wean themselves off nicotine completely. I've never aimed to quit nicotine, simply to do away with smoking analogs. I forgot to mention in my previous post that in addition to smoking 2-3 packs/day I also chewed during work hours, usually 1 to 1.5 cans of Skoal per week, so I definitely like and can handle a high nicotine intake.

I'm very curious to see how they "feel" to me. When I still smoked regularly it took me 10-15 minutes to smoke a cigarette. Now after having moderately decent vape gear (the aforemention Mini ProTank 3) I can smoke a full-flavor Newport or Marb Menthol in about 5 minutes. It's like breathing air to me.

:D:D:D

I would think that's as much a product of the tank as it is the coils, battery, e-juice, and frequency of vaping. However, as overall cost (including e-juice usage) is a factor for me, I'll take your info to heart and actually stay away from the V4 tank. Being quite satisfied with Kanger products, I am leaning toward that brand for if and when I do decide to go sub-ohm.

Again, thanks for the info. Of course everybody is different in so many respects, but it's nice to have a baseline reference to start with. 10-15mL/day is quite a bit more than I currently use but obviously I am not sub-ohming. At that rate of consumption and at $7.99 for a 12mL bottle of juice at my local shops, I could smoke a pack a day of analogs and still save money LOL But that would defeat the purpose of vaping :):) I honestly never liked cigarettes whereas the vape is something I do enjoy.

Based on that information. I would say stay where you are.

If you're satisfied, why change?

And yes, the TFV4 has some monster coils lol

One final question & I'll stop taking over this thread...

We all know that higher VG content produces a heavier, thicker vape cloud, but does the thickness of the vapor in any way affect nicotine content and/or absorption in the lungs? Or in other words, is there any empirical evidence (as opposed to anecdotal "evidence") that PG/VG ratio affects how the body absorbs the nicotine in a given e-juice?

IceBankMiceElf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As many of you have replied, I am also officially going to partake in the world of sub-ohm vaping. But first, allow me to introduce myself. I just made an account like a minute ago, after I Google searched nicotine levels for sub-ohm tanks. My name is Andy. I am 18 years old. I started smoking cigarettes at age 15. I'm not a bad kid or anything, but I also haven't smoked in nearly half a year. I need nicotine to inhale, as my Asperger's make me somewhat OCD about my nicotine intake. I started out vaping about eight months ago. I first started out with a tiny Joyetech pen, then two months later my uncle sold me a Joyetech 20W Ecom Mega. That is what I have been using since. Moving back and forth from 18-12mg, I started to develop the aweful vaper's tongue. This took months, of course, as I go through about 5ml a day. Anyway, my friend Ryan was using something about 6 months prior, during the school year, which he referred to as a "sub-ohm vape." I lost touch with him but I think I found the tube mod that he was using. An Ego One XL by Joyetech, which I just ordered 3 days ago and am patiently awaiting the arrival of. I'm stoked, I even bought a 5 pack of 0.5 ohm coils, and (if I'm not mistaken) the brand new box should come with both a 0.5 ohm coil, and a 1.0 ohm coil. I'm always broke where I live and was lucky enough to receive a debit card with $50 on it for Christmas. I paid $29.99 for the Ego and over $12 I think for the pack of coils. If anyone can reflect on their own personal use of this device, please do so. Also reflect on what I am to expect, since I've never owned a sub-ohm vape. In-depth information is very much appreciated. I'm a very friendly person and looking forward to becoming an active member of the vaping underground community. :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One final question & I'll stop taking over this thread...

We all know that higher VG content produces a heavier, thicker vape cloud, but does the thickness of the vapor in any way affect nicotine content and/or absorption in the lungs? Or in other words, is there any empirical evidence (as opposed to anecdotal "evidence") that PG/VG ratio affects how the body absorbs the nicotine in a given e-juice?
Not that I've heard of!

As many of you have replied, I am also officially going to partake in the world of sub-ohm vaping. But first, allow me to introduce myself. I just made an account like a minute ago, after I Google searched nicotine levels for sub-ohm tanks. My name is Andy. I am 18 years old. I started smoking cigarettes at age 15. I'm not a bad kid or anything, but I also haven't smoked in nearly half a year. I need nicotine to inhale, as my Asperger's make me somewhat OCD about my nicotine intake. I started out vaping about eight months ago. I first started out with a tiny Joyetech pen, then two months later my uncle sold me a Joyetech 20W Ecom Mega. That is what I have been using since. Moving back and forth from 18-12mg, I started to develop the aweful vaper's tongue. This took months, of course, as I go through about 5ml a day. Anyway, my friend Ryan was using something about 6 months prior, during the school year, which he referred to as a "sub-ohm vape." I lost touch with him but I think I found the tube mod that he was using. An Ego One XL by Joyetech, which I just ordered 3 days ago and am patiently awaiting the arrival of. I'm stoked, I even bought a 5 pack of 0.5 ohm coils, and (if I'm not mistaken) the brand new box should come with both a 0.5 ohm coil, and a 1.0 ohm coil. I'm always broke where I live and was lucky enough to receive a debit card with $50 on it for Christmas. I paid $29.99 for the Ego and over $12 I think for the pack of coils. If anyone can reflect on their own personal use of this device, please do so. Also reflect on what I am to expect, since I've never owned a sub-ohm vape. In-depth information is very much appreciated. I'm a very friendly person and looking forward to becoming an active member of the vaping underground community. :)
so nice of you !

• 1.2ohm - 3.2V
  • 1.5ohm - 3.6V to 4.0V
  • 1.8ohm - 4.0V to 4.4V

• 1.2ohm - 3.2V
  • 1.5ohm - 3.6V to 4.0V
  • 1.8ohm - 4.0V to 4.4V

Thank you for taking the time to post on this topic in such detail. Very helpful

This is hands down the very best device I have ever used... I just ordered my 3rd one from vaporbeast (an awesome vape supply site) and one for my boyfriend . I started on pens, moved to Aspire nautalis, still a fabulous product, but ego one is where its at for sub ohm. Enjoy!!

IceBankMiceElf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is hands down the very best device I have ever used... I just ordered my 3rd one from vaporbeast (an awesome vape supply site) and one for my boyfriend . I started on pens, moved to Aspire nautalis, still a fabulous product, but ego one is where its at for sub ohm. Enjoy!!
Yeah, it's pretty good but I found an even better tank that fits on the Ego ONE battery. :) it's called an Arctic and the coils individually last a couple months on the Ego battery. You can get the tank anywhere from $10-$20. You HAVE to try it. Promise you won't regret it.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This is a valuable statement.
The fact that you increase your vape consumption each time you make a change to your hardware or liquid is an important thing we can share with anyone just starting or even an experienced vaper who is getting ready to make any type of change.
While the experienced user takes it for granted, it is still valuable info.

SquareofPrimes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow, this is EXACTLY the information I was surfing for -- to the tee! Thank you all for your expert advice! I signed up for an account and look forward to gaining more knowledge on the subject of vaping :)

F

fckaugust8th

I agree with the info posted here but the one thing not addressed here is how you vape. Do you MTL ( mouth to lung like the analogs) or do you DL (direct lung inhale like a hookah). Depending on your vaping preference, some sub-ohm tanks are better than others. Most sub-ohm tanks are geared towards DL vapers and those of us kicking analogs may not be into that or creating a fog bank. I admit, chucking a huge cloud is fun once in a while, but for most of the time I MTL.

F

fckaugust8th

For those of us that are just now getting into vaping, the new tanks and mods are a vast improvement over the gear we had available even one year ago. If you MTL but want the option to DL, look at the Aspire Plato or the eLeaf Pico kits. The tanks are great for either way of vaping, the only thing you have to do is change coils. I just received the Pico kit and prefer it over the Aspire kit because you have a multitude of coils to choose from. Not all sub-ohm tanks use a lot of juice tho, granted, they definitely use more juice than the higher ohm tanks. As an aside, if you already have the Aspire Nautilus tanks, try using the Aspire Triton mini Clapton coils. They are going to make you look twice at your tank and wander where the extra flavor is coming from.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do both but prefer DL and sub ohm - I get juices at great price and seem not to really run out(plenty of juice) so juice consumption isn't a huge thing for me.
I love and prefer the flavor I get from sub ohm. I use higher n diff tanks when I want stealth Vape or really don't wish to dog the room w my family..(tv etc) but even THEN I don't use my nautilus as much.i honestly feel like I'm sucking on a straw now w them nautiluses and it was my fav 1.5 years ago lol
I love the aspire cleito & crown tanks. My two everyday tanks...
I have others but those two are for now my favs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if i want to stick out the rest of my 12mg/ml nic bottle in my topbox mini what would a good setting be i was born to vaping today im very currious on how to figure this out its hitting pretty rough an i was smoking a pack an a half day ....

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looks like Topbox Mini comes with 0.5 ohm SSOCC, 0.5 ohm Clapton, and 0.15 ohm temp control only coil.

Unless you somehow have another kanger coil in there wirh higher resistance, the 12 nic with likely high PG, will be very harsh.

Try mixing your juice with the same juice in lower nic. Or, try something new in the rough area of 6 nic and 70 vg 30 pg, then go from there.

Make sure to prime any new coil, let it sit a few minutes, then break it in slowly, starting at lower watts, 15 or so. Then gradually increase. If one of the 0.5 coils, see how 30w does after breaking it in.

sub ohming 18mg will get you nic sick don't do it. use high vg and low nic juices for sub ohm tanks. i personally use 3 mg in my sub ohm clearomizers and even less in my drippers.
I use 18mg in my arctic sub ohm tank and i think its just right so its up to what ever u like brother

Looks like Topbox Mini comes with 0.5 ohm SSOCC, 0.5 ohm Clapton, and 0.15 ohm temp control only coil.

Unless you somehow have another kanger coil in there wirh higher resistance, the 12 nic with likely high PG, will be very harsh.
See i dont that u say it should taste harsh at that high of level mg nic but i think it taste the same to me if its a 1.5 or 1.2 or .5 or a .2 ohm to me it taste the same and i use 18mg nicand the juice i use is vaporbeast kickash and to me it taste the same but everyone is different i guess lol
Try mixing your juice with the same juice in lower nic. Or, try something new in the rough area of 6 nic and 70 vg 30 pg, then go from there.

Make sure to prime any new coil, let it sit a few minutes, then break it in slowly, starting at lower watts, 15 or so. Then gradually increase. If one of the 0.5 coils, see how 30w does after breaking it in.

I got a new tank a clieo aspire juice flavor an cloud is off the chart my set up is perfect for me an im at 6 mmlgs now thanx everyone

I've just entered the world of sub ohm for one reason and one reason only: To get a better throat hit. I could care less about clouds, and although I want more flavor, I value feeling satisfied more than I do getting a great taste. I was on 18 mg of nic and thought it would be way too harsh from what I read and so I ordered 6 mg juice. Here's the thing, when I use 18 level, I vape a lot less than I do when I use the 6 level nic.
I'm currently using a cerakoat tank at 50 watts with 6 nic and I'm not getting the same satisfaction I was from my goblin at .16 ohm, 35(or so) watts with 18 nic.

I really wanted to reduce my nic levels because I wanted to up my life insurance, but first I have to be clean of nicotine before I get the right price. Guess I'm going to have to do this the hard way.

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see this is a very old thread, but I was wondering if a
mega twist joyetech would also make your 12mg juice harsh with hardly any flavor???

Thanks again for such a great post

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I see this is a very old thread, but I was wondering if a
mega twist joyetech would also make your 12mg juice harsh with hardly any flavor???

Thanks again for such a great post
Low quality nic can make any juice harsh. But with any nic... the more nic, the more throat hit/harshness the juice will have.

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Low quality nic can make any juice harsh. But with any nic... the more nic, the more throat hit/harshness the juice will have.

Thanks

I was just thinking why it works well in one aio but not that one so when I came across this i thought well maybe it was to high a nic for this particular unit.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
12mg is okay for non subohm'n... but 12mg on a subohm tank is gonna be really harsh... most people can only vape 3-6mg on a subohm.

VU Sponsors