_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
upload_2018-7-21_12-15-59.png

Nooo…not that Pegasus riding slayer of mythical monsters……

…this one
upload_2018-7-21_12-16-48.png

I’ve built and used it for going on 2 days. Not that long. But I’ve found out some things so I’ll share them now while I have time. You’ll see I didn’t spend much time on the pics. These opinions are my own and I bought this RTA to use.

Base: 25mm
Bubble: 27mm
Widest part of cap: 25.2mm
It’s 36mm tall w/o the tip, 42mm w/ the included tip. The OD of the tip is 18.5mm
Bore: 6.3mm
Comes with 2 unspecified Clapton coils that are apparently .28Ω, cotton, allen key, 4 extra grub screws, spare o-rings, extra glass, aaaaand one 810 drip tip.
Holds 4ml, so they say…
http://www.wismec.com/product/bellerophon/

upload_2018-7-21_12-18-48.png

They didn’t over tighten anything so it comes apart easily. Very clean outa the box.

upload_2018-7-21_12-19-38.png

The threads on the cap are smoother than the chimney’s but the chimneys aren’t rough and easy to get started. The threading on the cap is fairly short winded, takes about 1 1/2 turns to remove/tighten, and the threads catch easily when putting it on. The subtle knurling helps, and it loosens and tightens with little effort while having enough friction to stay tight. They did good here.

upload_2018-7-21_12-20-36.png

There’s an o-ring for the seal at the top of the glass instead of the flush fit type that might move around when you work on it. I like that.

upload_2018-7-21_12-23-56.png

The cap has a stepped dome.

DOME2.jpg

The dual cyclops AF control’s ring stops in each direction, is easy to remove/put back on, has enough resistance to stay in place, moves easily even when on the mod - no struggling. They did good here too. The AF is smooth. Wide open it’s a tad restrictive in a good way while being full DL and it won’t do MTL. I like it from wide open to ½ closed. Wide open it’s not quiet, but not overly loud either, and closing = quieter - nothing near a whistle. The pitch(not loudness) of the sound is higher than say, Crius II or Engine Nano, but lower than Kylin Mini or Manta. All in all, good Af imo.

Something I knew before I bought it > the coil leads have to be cut before installing. There’s no room to put the snips. If any of the lead is beyond flush with the post, the chimney won’t go on. There’s easy enough workarounds for that, and since I already knew – wasn’t a deal breaker for me. Pretty easy deck to build,,, for the most part.…

…and here’s the “part”…the grub screws are small and they are going to be easy to strip at the key hole. One started to during my coil swaps so I replaced it and have been mindful of it when using it. As long as you don’t torque them too much it should be ok, but, a torx bit would be better. It does have 4 extras,,maybe that’s why there’s more than 2.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I first built it with an alien staggerton and I of course had no trouble capturing the leads. I positioned the af like the manufacturer’s pic

STOCK COIL PLACEMENT.png

And since I’ve seen the RTA wicked 2 different ways I incorporated both. I put bottom half of tails under the coil and top half down the channel Worked well, no dry hits on the chain gang and bubble city. The af space under the coil was still open under the wire. More on wicking down the road.

END UP WITH THIS.jpg

Then I moved it down ever so slightly to get a bit more direct side af. Very flavorful and noticed no difference in either position for flavor,,,,or heat,,,the heat was still hot loll. @ 45W the cap would get uncomfortably warm then hot when taking 3-5 full draws at a time, and that’s with that coil in either position. Not so good if you like higher mass coils with higher wattage. The stock coils require less power, are smaller, and wouldn’t expect them to heat as this one does.

Capturing the leads wasn’t as easy with 3x28/36 .27Ω SS alien. I had to hold the lead all the way over towards the middle of the post, to keep it under the screw. And remember, the leads are pre cut so I couldn't hold it from outside the post. Once there, it didn’t want to move out when tightening, but I had to hold it. I suppose if your coil of smaller wire were the perfect width it wouldn’t be like that.
Or,, just need to bend the legs first :teehee:
upload_2018-7-21_12-48-27.png

Mounted this one lower yet..

upload_2018-7-21_12-49-4.png

This time I only wicked the channels, to keep under the coil a little more open for af., and to simplify.
Didn’t want to fiddle with some special wicking method, like some, just thinned a little, channel full but not packed, and to the bottom. Quick, because I wanted to see....how easy it could be...

upload_2018-7-21_12-50-52.png

No heat issues with this coil. None with af position or wicking either.

Easy to wick and does it very well. I chained it like no one would vape on 2 occasions and got only full on cloud and flavor.

And yes! The flavor is great. It’s warm and saturated with flavor.

Haven’t had any spitback with either coil.

This RTA has really good flavor and is a nice vape as long as your not running large mass coils because the cap will heat up.

I like the looks of it and it’s not overly branded.

How it looks on a mod.
ON CREATOR.jpg
ON SIRIUS.jpg
ON INVOKE.jpg

Pros:
Comes apart easily
Nice machining
Easy fill cap
Ample juice capacity
Easy wicking
No leaking
Nice air flow
Aesthetically pleasing (subjective)
Great flavor

Cons:
Cap can run hot with large builds/high wattages
Small grub screws
Weak grub key holes
No room to snip leads after mounting
More effort needed to capture smaller wire, esp since leads must be pre cut to length
My 510 was loose. Early on with the first build, it seeped a ring onto the mod. I checked the 510 pin and it snugged up a little. I’ve topped it off several times without burping or anything special and haven’t had any leak.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors