• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I pulled up Vapecrawler today to check what the ole 521 going for and was amazed and shocked that there are 2 out now. Here are the two I am looking at:

Coil Master: http://sweet-vapes.com/rba/wick-wire-mesh/coil-master-521-tab.html

Geek Vape: https://101vape.com/accessories-/1076-geekvape-521-tab-ohms-meter-and-table-mod.html

I'm just wondering which is better of the two. The both are pretty sweet, both can be used to build in, fire the coils, check ohms etc. Heck both can even be used as a mod lol. It will be at least next Thursday before all my wires and wicking will be here so I'm waiting to buy one then BUT which one of these guys us the absolute best? Is there a clear winner? I would love you guys input, as I know I am wondering this many others are too.

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got both.
Both do their job.
GV has a plated SS 510, CM solid SS 510
My CM "fire" light flickers occasionally, but works fine.
As with most things vaping, there is no "best"
You just hope you get a few years use, out of all Chinese products....

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got both.
Both do their job.
GV has a plated SS 510, CM solid SS 510
My CM "fire" light flickers occasionally, but works fine.
As with most things vaping, there is no "best"
You just hope you get a few years use, out of all Chinese products....
If the FDA kicked in your door and at gunpoint said you could only keep one of the two, which would you choose?

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If the FDA kicked in your door and at gunpoint said you could only keep one of the two, which would you choose?

I'd probably grab the AR and tell them to take the .380...LOL!
Seriously both have worked fine for me.
The CM has some extras, like the voltage drop tester, but I haven't used them.
I got the GV as a backup, that I found on a black friday special, cheap.
Both give the same ohm readings.
Here is a review of the GV:
I know, I'm not much help.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the Coilmaster, it does a fair job. The alligator clips are worthless so cannot use the wire add on. It also won't fire below 0.2 which I believe is the same with the Geek Vape. I did upgrade to the duel parallel USA Ohm Meter Fire Meter, it will fire below 0.2. Since on occasion I will build a 0.15 and USA Ohm Meter is known for being super accurate. But all in all if you don't go below 0.2 ohm the Coil Master is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ive seen more broken or wrongfully calibrated CM 521's its unbeleivable, Geekvape doesnt have alot of optional equipment but its a much more durable product.

In all honesty both are cheap and will die at some point but USAOhmMeters Fire Meters will be your best bet

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Did not know they had one. Price, while it is a factor short term, isn't an issue. I will pay what a excellent meter
Ive seen more broken or wrongfully calibrated CM 521's its unbeleivable, Geekvape doesnt have alot of optional equipment but its a much more durable product.

In all honesty both are cheap and will die at some point but USAOhmMeters Fire Meters will be your best bet
Thanks bro. I know this will come out wrong but price really isn't a factor on a fire meter at all, as long as it lasts and is worth the cash. Oh, and accurate. As I have stepped away from the basic coils we teethed on (single wire, twisted) into more exotic coils (alien, fused Clapton, transformer etc) I want something that is accurately calibrated, will fire the coils and doubles (or would that be triples) as a build deck. Truly appreciate your input and help. Thanks bro. I will go check it out.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd probably grab the AR and tell them to take the .380...LOL!
Seriously both have worked fine for me.
The CM has some extras, like the voltage drop tester, but I haven't used them.
I got the GV as a backup, that I found on a black friday special, cheap.
Both give the same ohm readings.
Here is a review of the GV:
I know, I'm not much help.
That's actually a lot of help. I will 99.9% get the one Ray recommended but not everyone is willing to drop serious cash (I am just going off the U.S. part as our vape gear is usually high) but still want something nice. Hope the info helps others bro. Thanks for your input.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I got the Coilmaster, it does a fair job. The alligator clips are worthless so cannot use the wire add on. It also won't fire below 0.2 which I believe is the same with the Geek Vape. I did upgrade to the duel parallel USA Ohm Meter Fire Meter, it will fire below 0.2. Since on occasion I will build a 0.15 and USA Ohm Meter is known for being super accurate. But all in all if you don't go below 0.2 ohm the Coil Master is fine.

Love your Sig pic too. I actually just ordered some 1600mah efests. Plan to use them in a original Manhattan. Nothing should go wrong right? Lmao. I may go with the CM just because of the voltage drop tester adapter til I get the dual parallel like you have.

For those who didn't know, I read the specs. I believe the USA Ohm Meter (dual parallel 18650) fire meter will fire down to 0.018, that's amazing and I think the accuracy is at +/- 0.001.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Did not know they had one. Price, while it is a factor short term, isn't an issue. I will pay what a excellent meter

Thanks bro. I know this will come out wrong but price really isn't a factor on a fire meter at all, as long as it lasts and is worth the cash. Oh, and accurate. As I have stepped away from the basic coils we teethed on (single wire, twisted) into more exotic coils (alien, fused Clapton, transformer etc) I want something that is accurately calibrated, will fire the coils and doubles (or would that be triples) as a build deck. Truly appreciate your input and help. Thanks bro. I will go check it out.
USAOhmMeters meter (even the cheap ones) are more accurate then any other meter and measure into the thousanths place..they got options also for single 18650 or Dual and colors of the box and LEDs. They are USA made and assembled and they use high grade parts for the internals..theres a few reviews on them and they were the "first" burn meter, thougth thats not really a widely known fact.
They have meters in the same range as the 521 and Geekvapes but I want a 2x18650 Fire Meter they sell ;)

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
USAOhmMeters meter (even the cheap ones) are more accurate then any other meter and measure into the thousanths place..they got options also for single 18650 or Dual and colors of the box and LEDs. They are USA made and assembled and they use high grade parts for the internals..theres a few reviews on them and they were the "first" burn meter, thougth thats not really a widely known fact.
They have meters in the same range as the 521 and Geekvapes but I want a 2x18650 Fire Meter they sell ;)
It's gonna suck because it will be 2 weeks with no new vape gear, but I will buy the dual 18650 fire meter. I have spoiled myself with at least $30 worth of new gear weekly for past month or so. While the USA Ohm Meter would be considered overkill by most, it is kind of pretentious (because of much higher price than others), surgically accurate and " 'MERICA MADE" so I can totally justify the purchase as a "big balla uppity pretentious shiney toy". I allow myself one a month.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Get the duel parallel Fire Meter, pretty happy with mine.

As Raymo said the Coilmaster is pretty cheaply made and a bit wonky. But for someone just building a couple coils a month max wouldn't be a bad option. I did fry my first one when building a rowdy build for my Vesuvius. The USA Ohm Meter is built way better and more accurate.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Coilmaster optional wire attachment/accessories are complete shit and worthless. It's actually a Clone of the "Saturday Morning" Burning Tab, that sells for a ridiculous $250. I remember really liking it but refused to pay that. Then the Coilmaster came along and I got it. Saturday Morning out of Korea sells mods also, all ridiculously insane prices for 3D printed gear.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love your Sig pic too. I actually just ordered some 1600mah efests. Plan to use them in a original Manhattan. Nothing should go wrong right? Lmao. I may go with the CM just because of the voltage drop tester adapter til I get the dual parallel like you have.

For those who didn't know, I read the specs. I believe the USA Ohm Meter (dual parallel 18650) fire meter will fire down to 0.018, that's amazing and I think the accuracy is at +/- 0.001.
Just watch the heat when firing coils. I was building a 24x2/34 SS around 0.18 and the plastic wire wrap inside started to split. I had to wrap Electrical tape around it. My fault, I knew better. Hell if I had done that on a Mod it would have fried it.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's gonna suck because it will be 2 weeks with no new vape gear, but I will buy the dual 18650 fire meter. I have spoiled myself with at least $30 worth of new gear weekly for past month or so. While the USA Ohm Meter would be considered overkill by most, it is kind of pretentious (because of much higher price than others), surgically accurate and " 'MERICA MADE" so I can totally justify the purchase as a "big balla uppity pretentious shiney toy". I allow myself one a month.
If you're not afraid to buy quality I very highly recommend Tronix for snips, The 5223 are awesome I also have the 5082 which is angled and come in very handy. Not cheap but damn!

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're not afraid to buy quality I very highly recommend Tronix for snips, The 5223 are awesome I also have the 5082 which is angled and come in very handy. Not cheap but damn!

My ultimate goal is to have all top quality building equipment. Someone recommended some cutters that were 24k plated and all that were $75 a pair. After reading about them they were cheap Chinese cutters painted gold.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
S
Just watch the heat when firing coils. I was building a 24x2/34 SS around 0.18 and the plastic wire wrap inside started to split. I had to wrap Electrical tape around it. My fault, I knew better. Hell if I had done that on a Mod it would have fried it.

So are you saying the USA one had the inner wire split? WTF? Please explain more before I drop $85 on a fire meter lol

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
S

So are you saying the USA one had the inner wire split? WTF? Please explain more before I drop $85 on a fire meter lol
As I said my fault, monster coils generating massive heat and I just kept pulsing. The shrink wrap around the wire connection split a bit due to the excessive heat when I was pulsing and strumming the coils. Totally my fault. They were massive coils on my Vesuvius. All the components were fine, just the shrink wrap tubing started to split. Rookie mistake and I knew better.

The Fire Meter is excellent quality, nothing better than I know of available.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As I said my fault, monster coils generating massive heat and I just kept pulsing. The shrink wrap around the wire connection split a bit due to the excessive heat when I was pulsing and strumming the coils. Totally my fault. They were massive coils on my Vesuvius. All the components were fine, just the shrink wrap tubing started to split. Rookie mistake and I knew better.

The Fire Meter is excellent quality, nothing better than I know of available.

I noticed in Twisted Messes safety vid on the Noisy Cricket, he uses a USA, and in some of those Doode vids (squidoode of course) he uses one. Those things look corny but a ohm meter reading 0.001 accurately? WOW! Kinda pricey but you get what you pay for. How low was that build you did? I occasionally do like, for example, a 0.15 fused staggered clapton. Or a 0.18 juggernaut. Once my coils are squeezed, trimmed and glowing right, I quit pulsing though. These things can handle that right? I am believing so considering the 2 coil masters I mention do some crazy builds. Am I right?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I noticed in Twisted Messes safety vid on the Noisy Cricket, he uses a USA, and in some of those Doode vids (squidoode of course) he uses one. Those things look corny but a ohm meter reading 0.001 accurately? WOW! Kinda pricey but you get what you pay for. How low was that build you did? I occasionally do like, for example, a 0.15 fused staggered clapton. Or a 0.18 juggernaut. Once my coils are squeezed, trimmed and glowing right, I quit pulsing though. These things can handle that right? I am believing so considering the 2 coil masters I mention do some crazy builds. Am I right?

Was around 0.13 SS fused Claptons, something like 24x2/34 7-8 wraps around a 4 mm di.

They can handle a lot, coil master or geek vape can't touch them let alone have the accuracy or even fire below 0.2. But abuse anything it will break.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Was around 0.13 SS fused Claptons, something like 24x2/34 7-8 wraps around a 4 mm di.

They can handle a lot, coil master or geek vape can't touch them let alone have the accuracy or even fire below 0.2. But abuse anything it will break.

I emailed twisted messes asking if he liked his USA, He said Heck yea they are super accurate but they fire low

VU Sponsors