510 insulator replacements?

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok here is the thing. Today I bought what I am certain is a clone of a Little Boy rda. When I got it home and started to build on it I found that the 510 insulator was too short for ANY of my mods to make a decent connection. I couldn't even get a decent read on my ohms meter.

Upon closer inspection, I found that I can push down on the center/positive post to make the atty work. I got REALLY nice clouds and the flavor is spot on.

However, every hit reads a different wattage and a different ohm level. After about 4 hits I have to push down on the center post to get connection again.

So, I looked even closer. Turns out the 510 delrin insulator wasn't long enough to secure the positive post and let the copper screw make contact with the positive post on any mod I have.

My question is if anyone knows if there is a place to buy delrin 510 replacements for rda type attys. If not is there an easy way to take up the space needed and still provide heat/electrical insulation?

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vaping donuts. If those are the right size that'd be awesome. I see that they only recommend them as low as .5 ohms though. Sometimes I like to build down to .2 ohms. Would they still be ok to use in this case?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
not sure if they would be or if they write that just to cover their own but lol. I vape at .3 and I have not burnt a delrin insulator yet, I've melted my plume viels delring cap lol, but not the insulators.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow you must have had that delrin piece nearly touching the coil. I've warped the base of my Plume Veil, but still no melting marks on the delrin top insert.

I had a .15 build in it for a competition and took the barrel/top cap off. The base was hot and stuck to the mod I was using. I had to use channel lock pliers to separate the two, but squeezed too hard and could barely get the barrel back on. It took a lot of squeezing to get the thing to where the top cap would go on and off without ripping the o-rings. Still not perfect, but close enough. Lol

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh wow! I just about ordered those without even looking. $16 for 6? Surely there has to be a cheaper way. Hell, I'll cut washers out of a Mountain Dew bottle before I pay that much for 6 little plastic washers.

Sorry, but times is hard for this guy. That's a pack of diapers there bro. If anything comes up that's cheaper, I'll let ya know.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no no my man, the vaping donuts are coils made of ceramic, scroll down the page. Delrin insulators are 4.99 for a pack of 3 tubes, they come in 2 different sizes.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now that makes more sense. I guess I was more tired than I thought last night. Lol my bad.

Edit: that's exactly what I need. Thanks Celtic!

Last edited:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no problem my friend, glad I could help you find what you needed.

VU Sponsors