Become a Patron!

3rd build in, Sub Ohm style!!

rades

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So this is my 3rd build, started Friday. First did a shitty single coil, tried a twisted coil, both above 1.5ohms.

Today I felt confident so I decided I have enough confidence and safety to try a sub ohm build.

I did a dual coil of 30 gauge, 5 wraps each side, came out to about .7 ohms, here's some pics guys....

9c851c9d3da5c0bf8aefb9bac56e1f6c.jpg
4814601e2614ec9fc11091cb09c6f472.jpg
96709f00d2577d355f068987ca05970f.jpg
e1c2bac02eac5e4f13262605a2f1d03b.jpg
5639639083e8e8cdacd2e3da332a0dc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It looks good man, keep at it. I remember when I first started with RDAs.. My friend and I both started at the same time, he would come over every week and ask me to build him a new set, I don't know what he builds now, I think he buys coils from the shops, haven't spoke in a long time.

I'm glad I took the time to learn, now the possibilities are endless! Full steam ahead.

And some advice that is hindsight for me, for what it's worth...

Don't get caught up in cloud chasing and super low builds. Try building around the .5 area at the lowest for a while. I find that's where the flavor is at, even now I have .8 in my mutation. Just food for thought.

Enjoy :)

rades

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I totally agree with you. I could care less about cloud chasing and super low ohms, I'm sticking right around .5-1. I took this up as another hobby that's strictly geared towards me keeping cigarette free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Absolutely, kudos.

It can get fun, as well. It's nice that something can be a healthy alternative, give you a new lease on life so to speak, and give you something that at least for me gives me some peace. I find a happy place when I sit down to build some RDAs up, I relax. It is nice. Can't wait to see progress from you!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Good job! Next exercise, center the coils. IMO, you could shorten the length of the wicks, so they just touch the deck. This will keep the area below the coil free for better airflow around the coil

VU Sponsors