Become a Patron!

1st sub-ohm

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Been using mech mods and not sub-ohming. Finally did a dual coil, sub-ohm build (0.6, on regulated mod, at 15W) and wow, what a difference! Even a huge difference from my last build that was at 1.1ohm. At 1.1ohm, on a dual coil RDA, 30-36mg was about right (whereas with builds in the 1.8-2.3 range I was using 36mg). With the 0.6, even 24mg is a touch too high. I know that's what everyone told me, that the lower the ohms, the lower the nic level you'll need, but I was really surprised at how much difference sub-ohming made. Of course, when you think about it, the mg level should go down proportionally. Still, though. . . It's a little warmer vape than I prefer, but will hopefully find a sweet spot by tinkering with air flow and wattage. The big plus, my 100mg base will last even longer if there's a vapeageddon :)

hugh janus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been vaping ~23mg at sub Ohm for a while now. usually .5 or so. When I set my rig up the way I like it and I'm not experimenting with new coil configurations I usually vape that at 30 Watts and I get a combo of lots of vapor and a nice warm tasty vape.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have been vaping ~23mg at sub Ohm for a while now. usually .5 or so. When I set my rig up the way I like it and I'm not experimenting with new coil configurations I usually vape that at 30 Watts and I get a combo of lots of vapor and a nice warm tasty vape.
Thanks. Yeah, I think I just need to tinker with the air mix some.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
rebuilt, using 26ga kanthal and muji wick, dual coil setup, at 0.5ohm, and even at 25watt it's still tasty! Awesome sauce! :) Now, somebody tell me why I've taken so long to try sub-ohming, and dont say it's cause I'm old! :p

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad your liking it. Makes you wonder why you waited so long! That's all I do is sub.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks. I'll blame ECF and all their "you're gonna die" posts ;)

notaclone1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When i drip, I can only use 6mg MAX! any higher than that and im hacking a lung... couldn't imagine 24-36... holly vapes... but hey. if you like it. DO IT!

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When i drip, I can only use 6mg MAX! any higher than that and im hacking a lung... couldn't imagine 24-36... holly vapes... but hey. if you like it. DO IT!

I'm right there with ya. Accidentally dripped some 18mg the other day and it about blew my socks off! I stepped into sub-ohming pretty quickly after I started vaping though and I'm down to 3mg these days.

VU Sponsors