Become a Patron!

18650 dies fast.

I'm pretty new to RDA/Mech vaping, trying to learn. My setup is Mutation x v4 RDA running a 0.11 quad coil build with a Vanilla mod clone and 18650 Efest and MXJO batteries. The problem is during a vaping session, after 10 minutes my batteries get pretty dang warm, not hot but close. I'll still vape on the same battery for 10 more minutes or so and it's about the same temperature, but still gives a ton of power. But I get nervous and try to let them cool off. Upon reinserting the same battery, now it's basically dead. What's happening and how do I fix it? Also, is the temperature thing an issue?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If your batteries are getting very warm, almost hot, you are over discharging them. Not good at all. If the batteries are flat after cooling off, you are basically killing off the overall life of the battery by over discharging them.

At 4 volts, you are pulling 36 amps from your battery at .11 Ohms.

Get a dual 18650 box mod or a 150 watt Mod for builds like that. Be safe.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Exactly. That's why I recommended a dual 18650 box

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hah.
Build lower to start with.
Once you get a power supply that can satisfy the current requirements of the circuit you are building, you may find you're too low in ohms to get a nice vape.
I have never had to go that low to stay off analogs, nor do I have desire to.
God knows I could build a mod if I wanted to go that low.
JMT.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
As others have said, that's way too much current. And if you want to run current like that, you need different batteries. The Sony VTC4 will last you significantly longer but it's still operating out of its range so it would be best to either split to a parallel mod or up the coil resistance to probably double that.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You wont even come close to 4 volts when pressing the fire button. Still, 0.11 is a bit low. You'll chew through batteries. Hope that mod has big vent holes in the bottom. If you hold a cars accelerator pedal to the floor, it will get really, really poor gas mileage. Much worse than a steady 90 mph even. The car wont last long either.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seriously tho, to the original poster, you are pushing that 20 amp battery too much. Bad things can happen. Vape safe people!

VU Sponsors