Become a Patron!

100W Sigelei With Delay Hit

I'm had a 100W Sigele Plus for awhile now and loved it. Due to being overseas I began ordering from my favorite shop back at home with no problems. I use an Atlantis Aspire 0.5ohm tank. I purchased an order of my 0.5 atomizers like I always due but the batch that came in was only registering as 0.3 and when I tried to take a hit there would a delay before I heard anything from the box and then the coils would start to hit. Normally it hits instantly and I have to actually be inhaling just prior because it gives great smoke and loved it. So I thought that maybe I accidentally ordered the wrong atomizers (0.3) and that was the case. Well I purchased the New Atlantis Aspire v2 and it came with it's own atomizers. Same issue. It still gives good smoke, but the taste isn't as full and there's still the delay when I hit it. What could be the possibilities? Is there anything i can try to do? I have two sets of batteries I use and switch them out when they get below 20%, so this still happens with a brand new set of batteries as well. Vaper1.jpg I'm taking assumption it's the box now since two different tanks having the same issue. Thank you!
I attached a picture to show both tanks and the box. Thanks

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How much of a delay and how often?

A 0.3 ohm coil will take longer to heat up then a 0.5 ohm coil at the same wattage (doesn't matter what tank or RDA).
Less resistance = less heat = longer warmup time or more power needed to heat up in the same amount of time.
It also takes longer to cool, so if you only wait a few seconds between hits, then there shouldn't be a noticeable delay.
So if your Atlantis V2 also has 0.3 ohm coils, it would have the delay as well.

As an example, the 0.15 ohm RDA I have on my Sigelei 100 watt takes about 3 seconds to sizzle @ 75 watts for the first hit. 5 seconds after the hit, I can still blow a small cloud from it, even 10 seconds after a hit, I can still suck a bit of vapor from it. As long as I don't wait more then 15 seconds between hits, there wont be a noticeable delay since the coil wont have time to cool down completely.
If I lower it to 50 watts, it can take over 5 seconds for the first hit.

Last edited:
I thought I mistakenly bought 0.3ohm for my tank, but I have 0.5ohm. I've been buying the same ones from the same company each time as well, but now it's registering on my box as 0.3 instead of 0.5. I even placed the V2 Atlantis with 0.5ohm to see if maybe there was something wrong with my tank, but it also shows as 0.3ohm. I have tried to take consecutive hits and there's still a delay each time I take a hit. Again, my batteries are full charge. I guess it's not a big worry then, I mean it still hits well just has a delay. I was just curious if I did something wrong, or there was an issue with the box. Thanks for your reply though. I have been vaping for a bit, but still new, especially a box

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might also try cleaning your 510 connection of any juice and or corrosion..

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
aspire did a rolling change on their coils for the nautilus and atlantis. they all now have cotton and bigger wicking holes. not to mention thicker wire. try getting a set of the .5 ohm coils or the 1.o ohm coils sounds like you believe you bought the .5 but they are actually the .3 ohm ones. could be mislableled. try a differen't topper and see if the resistance matches up with it if you beleive the mod is faulty, but my money is on the coils.

VU Sponsors