Become a Patron!

10% Re-stocking Fee

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I noticed that 101 Vapes charges a re-stocking fee for returns. Is that customary among vape shops? I've never noticed that before.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a refund once from another vendor when they sent me the wrong finish on an atty. They didn't even ask me to prove it in any way. Maybe their records showed it. But anyway, I have seen some accept returns (like Fasttech) and some that didn't. This was just the first time I noticed a re-stocking fee in the info.
Thanks for the reply, though. It does give me better insight as to what to pay attention to. Fortunately, I haven't had many problems. You?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a refund once from another vendor when they sent me the wrong finish on an atty. They didn't even ask me to prove it in any way. Maybe their records showed it. But anyway, I have seen some accept returns (like Fasttech) and some that didn't. This was just the first time I noticed a re-stocking fee in the info.
Thanks for the reply, though. It does give me better insight as to what to pay attention to. Fortunately, I haven't had many problems. You?

I had an annoying problem once with an atty that wasn't as advertised and the company didn't want to take it back. Then they wanted to charge me both shipping and restocking. I ended up keeping it.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I noticed that 101 Vapes charges a re-stocking fee for returns. Is that customary among vape shops? I've never noticed that before.

IMHO, if you want to return it without using it just because you decided that once you got it that you did not want it then 10% restock fee is reasonable.

But it it did not work or looked like a truck ran over it when you got it............No.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have problem with usa vendors having strict 30 day return policy's for expensive mods from china and I am talking a few days past there policy. What you going to do with a defective mod from china...because trying to get china to do anything...forget about it. I should have went to the "u mad bro section lol

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IMHO, if you want to return it without using it just because you decided that once you got it that you did not want it then 10% restock fee is reasonable.

But it it did not work or looked like a truck ran over it when you got it............No.
I agree with your first scenario. Here's mine. As soon as I assembled this tube mod, the lock ring stuck in the firing position. Really stuck, and I didn't want to take drastic measures to fix it for fear I might mar it or ruin the threads. This has happened to me once before. It also was a pain in the neck to get the battery rattle out. Anyway, they said I could ship it back, expense on me (I can swallow that). Then they would decide if I had a valid reason for returning it. If not, the mod is mine (like it or not) and I would pay to have it shipped back to me. If I don't the item is considered abandoned. I don't know what to do because what if, in their opinion, it doesn't warrant a return? They also said it had to be an unopened, unused item. How would I know that the lock ring gets stuck if I don't assemble it? Thanks for listening to my woes!:(

Seanchai

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey muth, sorry about your lock ring, but there may be a solution without having to return it or eat the expense. Put the mod in the freezer for half an hour or so (sans battery, obviously). Then remove it and put on some kitchen gloves (other rubber gloves will work, but kitchen gloves work best due to thickness). Run the locking ring section of the mod under some hot water as you *gently* twist the locking ring - the gentler the better. The kitchen gloves will give you traction, and the rapid expansion of the metal due to the temperature change will help give the threads a little extra room, particularly if there's a rough spot or some gunk stuck underneath.

I think the frustration of a stuck locking ring causes a lot of people to either be scared to touch it, lest they ruin the threads entirely, or even worse, to grab it and try to torque it loose with all their might... the truth is, while you due need *traction* (thus the gloves), the less *force* used, the easier the ring will spin free. I've become the "go to guy" for stuck locking rings for all my friends and family, and I've never had this technique fail me yet, even when it was metal shards from a sloppily machined clone causing the jam. Hope that helps.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey muth, sorry about your lock ring, but there may be a solution without having to return it or eat the expense. Put the mod in the freezer for half an hour or so (sans battery, obviously). Then remove it and put on some kitchen gloves (other rubber gloves will work, but kitchen gloves work best due to thickness). Run the locking ring section of the mod under some hot water as you *gently* twist the locking ring - the gentler the better. The kitchen gloves will give you traction, and the rapid expansion of the metal due to the temperature change will help give the threads a little extra room, particularly if there's a rough spot or some gunk stuck underneath.

I think the frustration of a stuck locking ring causes a lot of people to either be scared to touch it, lest they ruin the threads entirely, or even worse, to grab it and try to torque it loose with all their might... the truth is, while you due need *traction* (thus the gloves), the less *force* used, the easier the ring will spin free. I've become the "go to guy" for stuck locking rings for all my friends and family, and I've never had this technique fail me yet, even when it was metal shards from a sloppily machined clone causing the jam. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the reply. I am familiar with this technique. However, my reservation is future problems. The ring on my Peg repeatedly got stuck and it was a pain in the neck. I'm not sure if I want to keep dealing with this if it should continue to happen. It also has a battery rattle issue. You really have to fuss with it to stop the rattle. I suppose I could switch out some of the pins for longer ones if I can find them. It's confusing but I appreciate the great advice. It's the best I've had concerning the lock ring. I did put it in the freezer just now to see what happens. ;-)

Seanchai

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for the reply. I am familiar with this technique. However, my reservation is future problems. The ring on my Peg repeatedly got stuck and it was a pain in the neck. I'm not sure if I want to keep dealing with this if it should continue to happen. It also has a battery rattle issue. You really have to fuss with it to stop the rattle. I suppose I could switch out some of the pins for longer ones if I can find them. It's confusing but I appreciate the great advice. It's the best I've had concerning the lock ring. I did put it in the freezer just now to see what happens. ;-)

Understood. There is such a thing as a particular clone being more trouble than it's worth, and that may be the case here... but considering your situation regarding returns, it seems worth a punt. :) Another locking ring tip - my copper nemesis clone had a locking ring that liked to get stuck too. After the second time of having to stick it in the freezer, I took it apart and spent about twenty minutes with a q-tip and some nevr-dull, polishing the threads and making sure that there was nothing either stuck in them or poorly machined (there didn't seem to be any physical reason for it to be jamming, but I polished those threads to *sparkling* just in case). Then I took a pencil to the threads (carefully - you don't need much). Graphite is used as a lube in a lot of machine work. Since then, my locking ring threads on that mod have been like butter... every time I clean it, I reclean the threads, then touch up the graphite. It's a bit of a faff, admittedly, but it's also copper, so it would be anyway, and taking a few extra seconds is worth it to me. I don't know if I'd feel quite the same about a stainless steel mod. But there you are, anyway, in case you want to try that. Don't have any suggestions about the battery rattle except, as you said, trying to find longer pins!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Seanchai, one question. Are you saying that even if it's a rough spot in the threads it can be fixed. How? Small wire brush, fine steel wool, etc.?

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Seanchai, the graphite idea is great. Wish I knew this before my Peg froze up. I'm still looking for a bottom cap replacement. Any tube mod that I might get in the future will have a recessed button! Unfortunately, I love the hit from copper:D

VU Sponsors