Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

4 Reasons To Build Raised Garden Beds​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's my onions today20220201_123903.jpg

I am surprised more people don't grow their own onions. They are so easy to grow and take up little room in the garden. A long time ago I used to buy the small bunches of sweet onion plants, seen them last year for $4 a bundle and only 50 in the bundle. I bought my seeds for $2.49 a pack of 200.

If anyone would want to try some better get your seeds now these go in early. I plant my taders first then onions and leeks are next.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow Jimi!! The crops look fantastic!!!
Any sort of prep is on hold here… thank you winter storm..: thank Elsa…
[HASH=182825]#wintersucks[/HASH]

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow Jimi!! The crops look fantastic!!!
Any sort of prep is on hold here… thank you winter storm..: thank Elsa…
[HASH=182825]#wintersucks[/HASH]
Where you live you still have time for most stuff, if you plan on onions those will have to be pretty soon. ;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

Millions of people started growing food for the first time recently because health became more of a priority.

That is awesome!

But how did it go for all the new gardeners? And what’s the plan for this year?

I asked my friend and colleague Stacey Murphy what to expect this year.

Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart Radio, PBS Growing a Greener World— even the David Letterman show!—and her courses and events have helped well over a million people to discover the secrets of a successful garden.

And frankly, she’s a bit nervous ...

... Because the learning curve is so steep the first and second year growing food. And one minor mistake at the start of a growing season can set you up for months of pests, diseases, and weeds instead of for the abundant harvest you want.

Worse ... mistakes made in the first year make it even harder the second year. You may not even know you are behind the learning curve until it’s too late.

She’s nervous people are unknowingly setting themselves up for disappointment instead of the garden Joy they want.

So she’s peeling back the curtain to give you a sneak peek at her beloved “Grow Your Own Vegetables” online class that has helped thousands of gardeners ... even seasoned growers with years of experience!

Typically, you have to pay to gain access. However, she is going to share much of it for free in an 8-part docuseries called the Joyful Gardener Virtual Event, February 14–21.

It is going to be the garden adventure of the year!

You’ll discover these plant-saving tips:

• Mindset: Your first, simple step to an easy vegetable and herb garden
  • Climate: Allowing your local conditions to work for you and creating micro-climates
  • Soil: Regenerative fertility system that builds a stronger, more nutrient-rich garden each year
  • Compost: Compost style that works for your needs and delivers the fertility you need to your garden
  • Plants: The secret to doubling your vegetable harvest in half the space.
  • Water: Master garden efficiency and eliminate unnecessary work with a water system that’s right for you
  • Harvesting: Getting the freshest, most flavorful food on your plate … and lots of it!
  • Tending: Giving plants exactly what they need in each stage of life
  • Success: One thing you shouldn't spend any time doing in your garden (but most beginners do!)
  • Regenerative: Complete step-by-step garden system for an abundant harvest, no matter where you live
  • Highlights: Seeding, seed starting, transplanting, building raised beds, containers, soil basics, fertility schedules, fertilizers, compost systems, crop planning, succession planning, crop rotations, knowing what’s ripe, pruning, trellising, irrigation, pests and disease management, weed strategies, saving seeds, season extension, cover cropping, and modular systems that make everything easier!
Wow!

Every episode is gardening gold and adds a vital piece of the puzzle to help you grow food with ease.

Plus, you’ll get to meet students who have put all of this into practice sharing what made their gardens successful.

The best part?

If you sign up today, you can watch all 8 episodes free of charge ... very soon!

Click Here to Save Your Spot

Imagine how you will feel making a huge positive impact on your and your loved ones’ health with all that fresh food!

When you sign up, you’ll immediately gain access to the free eBook “Your First Step to Grow Organic Vegetables & Herbs.” Then you'll receive emails in the coming days notifying you when the docuseries goes live.

Reserve your spot for this month's Joyful Gardener Virtual Event here.

Warmly,

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you plan on havin a garden this year then I highly recommend watching this.
This is one of the BEST FREE coarses you can find, Stacy does amazing stuff and this FREE series is easy to watch (each episode plays for 24 hours then is reloaded with the next) I have a lot from her and you can too, just sign up.
Sing up link

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How to Build an Indoor Grow-Light Table​

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
sNbFEs6FjNJYgTiX_kyCkFu6d-RC5tAd_oAUtputr2VnXtstQTOUOW4w-gnz8tVZHStu3tpmNVsRrmWiH2UQsQ=s0

MONTHLY GARDEN CHAT + Q&A

with Greg Peterson and Special Guests!

FREE CLASSES TO LEARN TO GROW FOOD AND GET YOUR GARDEN QUESTIONS ANSWERD
Dates: Last Tuesday of the month at 5pm AZ/MST*

Sign Me Up

Tell your friends to go to GardenChat.org

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We are having an early spring (but still light frost in the morning) Getting anxious to plant the garden (not just yet... have been fooled before) but it won't be long. Snap peas, tomatoes and peppers (gave up on green beans... did well in the past but last year was a bust) Used to grow squash, cantelopes but just don't have room for those anymore. Garden is only 10 x 12 ft (and a small side garden next to a shed... going to plant the snap peas there) Maybe a few herbs too (love to grow basil) Don't have to grow rosemary (many local parking lots have that growing (overgown actually) and nobody cares if we "steal" some clippings.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Jimi , I have used indoor "artificial" lights for years (houseplants, vegi starter plants and well... "herb"... the good stuff) A simple dual tube shoplight (one cool white and one warm white tube) works great. Keep the plant very close to the light. Really not suitable for long term growth (need HID lights for that... like the extended spectrum 1000 watt sodium I used) Anyway, also for starters, there are some good LED setups now (super efficient and cool)
Something else to keep in mind... sprouts. And wheatgrass... both easy to do indoors. Many herbs do great with indoor lights (even leaf lettuce)... anything that just needs to grow basic greens.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We are having an early spring (but still light frost in the morning) Getting anxious to plant the garden (not just yet... have been fooled before) but it won't be long. Snap peas, tomatoes and peppers (gave up on green beans... did well in the past but last year was a bust) Used to grow squash, cantelopes but just don't have room for those anymore. Garden is only 10 x 12 ft (and a small side garden next to a shed... going to plant the snap peas there) Maybe a few herbs too (love to grow basil) Don't have to grow rosemary (many local parking lots have that growing (overgown actually) and nobody cares if we "steal" some clippings.
Sounds like a plan, I have a fairly midsize garden but I still plant a lot of it with the square foot gardening method, well my conversion of it and it gives me a lot of extras. Also I plant early and plan when one thing comes out another goes in. I always wait till after I harvest my onions and use that area for green beans or where my taders come out. Snap peas harvest early you might put something in that space when your peas are done.
Be careful with parking lot cuttings, they are fine to eat but I sure wouldn't eat any, who know what toxin are on/in them ;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Jimi , I have used indoor "artificial" lights for years (houseplants, vegi starter plants and well... "herb"... the good stuff) A simple dual tube shoplight (one cool white and one warm white tube) works great. Keep the plant very close to the light. Really not suitable for long term growth (need HID lights for that... like the extended spectrum 1000 watt sodium I used) Anyway, also for starters, there are some good LED setups now (super efficient and cool)
Something else to keep in mind... sprouts. And wheatgrass... both easy to do indoors. Many herbs do great with indoor lights (even leaf lettuce)... anything that just needs to grow basic greens.
Yes I have a few indoor lights I use too for starting and herbs. I use to just use shop lights for starting my veggies but always use daylight spectrum. Noe I use this
https://growace.com/products/50-wat...-grow-light-panel?_pos=2&_sid=ce56909d9&_ss=r
got it on sale black friday for 55 bucks shipping and all
and another one that's only 17 watts (led) that I got at Menards
Even this would work great for starting indoor, well unless you're gonna do more than a half flat.
Or this one if you want a bigger area to plant more

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For anyone interested who wants to start onions from seed this year or any year this is how I do mine' It's very easy to do. Here's what I do. I start by finding a suitable container to plant them in I have used all kind of things even cut 2 liter jugs from end to end. It's always best to use a light blocking material like one of those rectangle $1 foil roaster pans. Poke plenty of drain holes in the bottom, and fill with a propagation mix (seed starter mix), I fill to about 2 to 3 inches deep then soak it good. As soon as it quits drippin I sprinkle my seeds as evenly as I can across the top. Then I sprinkle a light layer of propagation mix over it to a level of 1/16 to 1/8 above the seeds. Better a little shallow, even showing than too deep, any deeper that 1/4 inch are not likely to sprout. Then I mist the surface layer with a water from a mist sprayer. I use a mist sprayer to water them for the first 3 or 4 weeks till the roots get solidly set in the mix. Then I use an old juice jug with holes drilled in the cap like a sprinkler. Yes I am a money saver so I make what I can.

I then put these planters on a drip tray and put the whole thing on a heating pad, onions will sprout up in 4 or 5 days. These can be on top of a water heater or any warm spot till they sprout then move them to light. My next write I will discuss lighting for starting plants, remember these are all just the way I do things there might and probably is a better way but this works well for me. Your baby onion plants will be happy in cooler temps as the get a little older, onions are cool lovers anyway. As time comes I will go through all phases of getting them ready to plant, trimming, planting through harvest. Good luck and enjoy those delicious onions when they are done.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Jimi , yes... daylight flourescents (I just mentioned the warm/cool white combo because it's cheaper)
Nice LED setup!
Thank you, figured since it was so cheap I'd give it a try. I am gonna do a write up on different lights, mine are T5's ATM I am goin to have to look up the link to the one I use, it's 5 years old and I have even grow herbs under it before. I'll post it later.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is LED helps to grow indoor plants?
Yes you can use LED to grow indoor plants. Even small ones work well for starting plants and larger ones will grow them through harvest if you take care of them properly.
I am goin to do a write up on indoor lighting as soon as I get over what ever I got (flu I think) but maybe tomorrow or the next day I will post some good info on them ;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gardening Through the Eyes of a Dietician​

Get some garden tips from a dietician … Susan is a dietician who knows that nutrition is absolutely fundamental to a healthy life. So she started gardening right at home… And eventually bought a whole farm to expand what she could grow!

Susan shares "To me the soil is the gut of the earth. Just like our guts, it needs to be very diverse in microbes, same thing as us. And the healthier I get the soil, the healthier the plants will be, and the healthier I will be."​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Podcast Interview with Stacey
Join Stacey on the Herbs with Rosalee Podcast. This podcast is about the many ways that plants heal, as food, as remedies, and through nature connection.

Stacey will be sharing about the benefits of celery as well as sharing one of her favorite recipes with celery, the Fresh & Crispy Tossed Salad!​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Video:
Joyful Gardening with Martha
Meet Martha from our Grow Your Own Vegetables community. She’s retired (with kids) and living in Ontario.

"My little granddaughter, even when she was two, she knew where the carrots were and she would go out there and just pull one up and eat it. And they are so much nicer tasting. She has her own little special plot and she grows tomatoes and cucumbers and things she wants to grow. Things taste better and you can just walk out the door and get what you want out of the garden."

Listening to her story, you’ll experience even more joy for gardening. (I kind of felt like we were two little kids talking about playing outside in the dirt 😜)​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Indoor Lighting

Unless you have a south facing bay window or any heated enclosure that has 3 sides that are glass and un obstructed from the direct sun with the center facing south you should consider some type of indoor lighting to support your plants needs.

The healthier your seedlings are dictates how healthy your plants will be and how large your harvest for the year will be. For plants to be healthy they need the proper amount of light, light itself is a nutrient.

There are many types of lights that will work, some produce healthier plants because of spectrum (light color). The truer you can stay to the sun the better you will do. In the spring the sun has a blueish color to it and as the seasons change so does the suns spectrum.

OK as I said there are many types of lights you can use here are some of them

Shop lights, these will work, I would suggest using daylight spectrum. These grow your seedlings but are slow and IMO don't give off as much as you, or your plants, would like but do work. If not kept within a couple inches of the plant the plant will get leggy and not produce well.

T5 lights, these are like shop lights but have the IDEAL spectrum for seedlings and plant growth.
They also come in this style
https://wholesalegrowersdirect.com/...pact-fluorescent-system-125w-6400k-flcdg125d/
I use one of these and love it, have used it for years with great success.

LED These work great too, they come in different spectrums also but for seedlings you want the blue or the advanced spectrum spectrum. Here is one I use but I got it on sale for half price
it comes in 3 choices of spectrums
Here's a cheaper option
this one is a kit, and has adjustable spectrum. I am eyeing that one
and this is great for small amounts like a half flat

There are many more but they are expensive and costly to run.

No matter what light you decide on you'll also want to pick up a timer as indoor plants will want 18 hours of supplemental light a day

I hope this helps you :)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes... for starter plants, they mostly need blue light (red is more for flowering/fruiting) Yes, you have to keep the plants close to the lights (unlike HID lights... that is a different story) That is why flourescent and/or LED work well (they are not hot so close distance is not an issue) If you actually want to grow plants totally indoors, things get complicated (need much more powerful lights and different spectrum for flowering/fruits) Many small herbs and greens can be grown just with indoor lights but they are mostly useful to get a head start on the growing season (to be planted outdoors eventually) There is a thing called "hardening off" where you have to gradually adjust the plant to full outdoor sunlight. You can't just grow some seedlings under lights and then throw them into full outdoor sunlight (they will go into "shock") It's best to put them out in the sun (but still in the seedling containers) and gradually let them adjust. It's more work to do it this way, but maybe during the transition give them 3 hours of full sun, then the next day 4 hours, and so on. Starting from seeds is more work but you can choose better varieties, give them a better (and sooner) start and end up with really good plants (but requires more effort and attention to detail)
On a sidenote: I once ordered really fancy seed varieties and grew some amazing fruits and vegis... for example "Ambrosia" cantaloupe (smaller center seed area and super sweet flavorful melons) Purple "green beans" (really taste the same but a novelty because as they cook they turn green... impresses guests) and something called "New Zealand spinach"... not related to spinach but tastes like it... grown from hanging containers and is a semi-succulant. I was so proud of my gardens that year (the entire backyard, from previous renters, was for dogs... no yard, just poop. I cleaned it up, tilled in good stuff and the entire small yard became a garden)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We (my neighbors and me) grew a really cool garden (it was a "duplex" apartment... two apartments but we shared the same yards) In the back, was was used to be a small round pool but had been filled in with soil. We did this super cool thing (it was all grass at this point) so dug out parts of it and planted vegis (and eventually flowers) I have a pic but can't seem to find it. We made it a big "peace sign" (walkways with triangle gardens) First year was all vegis, then next year it became all flowers (fancy lilies and such) I took a photo from the roof but seem to have lost it.
Yes, I have been doing gardens most of my life. My father in law grew a bunch of red onions, mom always grew tomatoes. Here in CA, we grow lot's of stuff (and lots of fruit trees too) And many herbs.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We (my neighbors and me) grew a really cool garden (it was a "duplex" apartment... two apartments but we shared the same yards) In the back, was was used to be a small round pool but had been filled in with soil. We did this super cool thing (it was all grass at this point) so dug out parts of it and planted vegis (and eventually flowers) I have a pic but can't seem to find it. We made it a big "peace sign" (walkways with triangle gardens) First year was all vegis, then next year it became all flowers (fancy lilies and such) I took a photo from the roof but seem to have lost it.
Yes, I have been doing gardens most of my life. My father in law grew a bunch of red onions, mom always grew tomatoes. Here in CA, we grow lot's of stuff (and lots of fruit trees too) And many herbs.
IMO everyone should garden, not for money saved but for their health. Some of the veggies from the store that claim to be organic really aren't, the ones I grow I know are truly grown organic.
I too have gardened since I was a kid, I enjoy watching what I planted grow.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Jimi,
Making seeds is probably the most productive thing that your garden does. The question is - are you taking advantage of that?
My front yard - pictured on the right - is flush with carrots, broccoli, kale, green beans, celery, nasturtiums, cilantro, lettuce and so much more. The cool thing is that I didn't plant most of the plants going to seed right now either this year or last year.

My seed saving journey started in 2011 when I attended the weeklong Seed School offered by Bill McDorman and Belle Starr, and let me tell you...my life has never been the same.
I wanted to make sure that you knew about the upcoming Seed Up Saturday educational event. It’s your opportunity to start venturing down your own seed saving path. Join me for a free 3-hour online event this May 22nd at 9:30am Pacific that will inspire you to take your garden to the next level.
Seed Up Saturday will help by showing you why seeds are key in creating a healthier life for you and your family, and a better world.
Click HERE to reserve your spot at Seed Up Saturday (it's free)
This Seed Up Saturday (all new lineup of classes) is all about:
  • Why Save Seeds
  • Seed Saving 101
  • Seed Storing
  • Starting From Seed
  • Garden Nutrition and Seed Soaking
  • Bulk Orders and Limitless Possibilities
Seed Up Saturday is free to attend, and there will be opportunities to ask the experts your pressing seed questions. You’ll also have opportunities to stock up on bulk seeds to start (or continue) your own seed journey.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We are having a crazy "early spring"... this often happens here in Feb then suddenly gets cold again. Going to prep the garden anyway (won't plant just yet but will till in some stuff) 74 deg F today.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Joyful Gardener, are you ready for tomorrow!?

You’re less than 24 hours away from the BIG day.

It’s the day you’ll get to see how to grow smarter, not harder. And I’m so glad you’re here!

Because starting tomorrow you’re going to see…

- Uncover what makes your site unique so you can partner WITH nature for easier yields
- The 3 key temperatures to plan your entire season (*hint* it isn’t your frost dates).
- Discover how to create microclimates to extend your growing season.
- The best way to Transform your “dirt” into nutrient-rich SOIL.
- My 3 favorite techniques to ensure long term soil fertility.
- How to tell if you should be planting raised beds, in ground, or indoors gardens.
- Picking the right compost system that suits your lifestyle (there are wrong ones).
- Discover how to fix wet, dry and smelly compost piles as well as speed up the composting process.
- Your first line of defense against pests and diseases (it’s NOT dish soap, canola oil, or baking soda).
- The “tropical jungle” trick to use every last inch of your growing space efficiently.
- Why companion planting, crop rotations and succession planting are so complicated (and what to do instead).
- Simplifying the seed starting process for successful starts every time.
- Simple ways to master garden efficiency and eliminate unnecessary work for MORE GARDEN JOY.
- How to prevent injuries when you’re working in your garden.
- Walk step-by-step through a garden system that can cut your garden time in HALF… if you want (it IS fun after all!).
- 3 simple water systems that make your watering as easy as turning on the spigot.
- Irrigation essentials for “set-it-and-forget-it” automatic watering.
- The ONE gadget you need to finally know if your soil is too wet or too dry.
- Simple pruning tips to promote plant growth and increase your harvest.
- How to tell when your harvest is perfectly ripe so you don’t waste food.
- Picking for peak flavor… what no one tells you about harvesting.
- The #1 investment you can make to avoid pests, diseases and weeds.
- How to show pests, diseases and weeds they are no longer welcome.
- The best strategy to weed just ONCE each growing season.
- Which weeds are really a threat in your garden? Only a couple…

… And that’s just the tip of the iceberg lettuce! 👌🥗

You are going to receive the best gardening techniques from inside the Grow Your Own Vegetables course lessons. You’ll be able to use this no matter…

- Where you’re located. We have students on 6 continents (anyone here from Antarctica??)!
- If you grow indoors or outdoors. One student like you grew a closet garden inside their house to feed their entire family!
- How much time you have. If you can spare one hour a week, you can grow a thriving garden!

So get ready for a wonderful gardening adventure tomorrow. But before then, let’s cover some logistics. There are a few things to get ready for the event...

1. Add the event to your calendar. Mark your calendar now so you don’t miss an episode.

Apple Google Office 365 Outlook Outlook.com Yahoo

2. A pen or pencil to take notes.
3. A pad of paper... OR a printout of your Joyful Gardener’s Ultimate Field Notebook.
4. A quiet place without distractions. Maybe right from your garden with your laptop or tablet. Perfect for those of you in warmer climates with good WiFi!
5. An open mind. You might feel like some of this is counter-intuitive or unconventional. That’s ok and totally normal. Just have faith in the process and keep an open mind and an open heart. 😊

That’s all you need! Once you’ve checked each of those 5 items off your list, you’re ready for tomorrow’s adventure. We can’t wait to see you there!

To Your Joyful Garden,
🌱 The Grow Your Own Vegetables Team 🌱

P.S. — If we could pick one lesson that could make the biggest difference in your garden, it’s tomorrow’s. We’ll be talking all about the most important tool in your garden. *hint* You can’t buy it in any store.

mail

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just realized the Joyful Gardener virtual event starts today!
It is one of my favorite things to do when prepping for my garden. While it is perfect for beginners I think anyone, of ay skill level, is going to walk away with some nuggets of wisdom that will make their gardens better.
So if you want to get better at:
  • Composting
  • Watering
  • Getting higher yields
  • Growing more food in small spaces
  • Dealing with pests
  • Pruning and harvesting
  • Plus a lot more...
Then it is worth checking out this no cost event.
The Joyful Gardener Virtual Event
Keep grow'n,
Jason
PS - If you want a taste of the wisdom you will glean from this event Stacey is giving away her "Double Your Harvest" eguide - You can grab it by clicking here.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How to Start Seeds Indoors​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Seed Up Saturday
Jump in HERE!​

Hey Jimi,
Can you imagine your garden providing you a never ending supply of seeds? It's possible and actually quite simple, you just need to know the rules.
In my front yard right now - pictured on the right - is a broccoli plant going to seed. Yep this is what they look like. All I did was NOT pull the plant once I was done harvesting. By the way did you know that broccoli leaves are also edible...like kale!

I have dedicated my life to teaching how to become more self sufficient and saving seeds is one of the most productive things you can do to that end.
Seed Up Saturday is your opportunity to start venturing down your own seed saving path. Join me for this free 3-hour online event this Feb 26 at 1pm Mountain Time for the inspiration to take your garden to the next level.
Seed Up Saturday will help by showing you why seeds are key in creating a healthier life for you and your family, and a better world.
Click HERE to reserve your spot at Seed Up Saturday (it's free)
This Seed Up Saturday (all new lineup of classes) is all about:
  • Why Save Seeds
  • Seed Saving 101
  • Seed Storing
  • Starting From Seed
  • Garden Nutrition and Seed Soaking
  • Bulk Orders and Limitless Possibilities
Seed Up Saturday is free to attend, and there will be opportunities to ask the experts your pressing seed questions. You’ll also have opportunities to stock up on bulk seeds to start (or continue) your own seed journey.
Remember growing seeds is the most abundant and simplest action you can take for the long term success of your garden. Start HERE!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Episode 3 of the Joyful Garden Docuseries starts soon (at 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern today) and today’s topic is one that if everyone participated in just a little bit, we could green this planet in no time!

Today’s episode is all about compost … building compost is one of the best ways to reconnect with nature and your garden.

WATCH NOW >>> Making Compost & Compost Teas
*You can watch this episode free until 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern tomorrow.

We would love to hear one thing about COMPOST from today’s episode that you learned or will apply this year. Join the conversation with other gardeners from around the world on Facebook here.

Enjoy! That’s what this event is all about … finding joy in your garden. 💚

To Your Joyful Garden,
🌱 The Grow Your Own Vegetables Team 🌱

P.S. Tomorrow’s episode is about Small Plot Growing & Packing in Plants.

Here is what a few people had to share about their SOIL ah-ha’s:

“Who knew so much was going on in dirt! LOL that's my take away...blew my mind.” Sue G.

“I learned so much. I'm clearly a novice. I learned about PH, nutrients, cover crops... So much!!!” Susan A.

“I enjoyed learning that there are always options for optimizing our soil quality. I'm enjoying the series very much. Thank you.” Judy C.

VU Sponsors