Become a Patron!

Something is wrong with my pulse v2!

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I have a pulse v2, I've had it about a year maybe a year and half. It's great little mod. It has like 50,000 puffs on it. I am afraid it is dying though. I was vaping earlier and when I picked it up to hit it. The screen was just black. I thought it was completely dead, so I took the battery out and put it back in. It came right back on and started vaping like nothing was wrong with it. I sat it down and when I picked up the screen was black and wouldn't come back on when I hit the buttons, but it still fires. The screen just won't come on. The back light is still on, you can see it's lit up, but it's just a black screen. It's not in stealth mode I already checked. As long as you keep hitting hitting the screen stays on, but as soon as I sit it down for a little while it goes black. It stays black even if your turn it off and back on, but as soon as you pop the battery out and back in. The screen work again. I know there probably nothing to do to fix it, but I just figured I'd ask and see if anyone know? Sorry for rambling and if my explanation doesn't suffice I could make a video showing what it's doing. Any help is welcome thanks

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have that mod, but I have a couple mods that through age and use have had that issue. For mine, it is the battery contacts getting loose or worn down...just need to adjust them.

IDK if that's applicable in your case, but just a thought. 🙂

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I don't have that mod, but I have a couple mods that through age and use have had that issue. For mine, it is the battery contacts getting loose or worn down...just need to adjust them.

IDK if that's applicable in your case, but just a thought. 🙂
Idk if there's anyways to tight the contacts in this, but thanks. I will see

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
AH, I know the mod you mean now...a sqounker.

vandy_vape_pulse_ii_-_battery_door.jpg

Might check for juice inside of it...juice in there can cause all sorts of havoc or just loss of conductivity since e-juice doesn't conduct. Even excess sqounking getting juice in the 510 area...you want metal-to-metal on the 510 contacts. I use a bit of paper towel or q-tips often for that.

I also read a comment on Reddit somewhere saying this can happen when the USB port is used for charging. ( i doubt you do, but a thought)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors