Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Temps are evening out, looks like all 80's and 90's for awhile. Better than being cold! The birds and the squirrels are all over the place, fun to watch. Jessie has her favorite chair on the deck to keep on eye on them, lol.

I keep busy with a little Spring cleaning, nothing too drastic. I'd rather read or be on my laptop. Have to keep up on brushing Jessie, though, that girl sheds! And she loves being brushed.

Well, I'd better get busy, have some tanks to clean.

Stay safe and healthy :hug: :inlove:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just stopped in to wish all of our beautiful mothers a very Happy Mothers day
b4dfdb1f417c8cb909f4f2b584c8acd5.jpg

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hubby gave up on his 3D printing hobby. It got too expensive and too frustrating with the problems he had with it, so he sold it to one of my nephews.

Now, we see how well the new hobby goes. Hunting the most dangerous prey without killing it, of course. I'm talking about airsoft. There is investment in gear and equipment, then the fact that it won't be used in temperatures over 105, which runs July through September.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

I hope you all are doing well and staying out of trouble? Sometimes I'd like to find some trouble, it would be fun occasionally.

Yesterday was in the 70's, rain, hail, lightning. Today will be 88*, the next 3 days are 100*, 102* and 101*.
3 digit temps are way out of my comfort zone! I'm doing my few errands today and then staying inside with my air conditioning!

Jessie is doing well, getting all of her naps in. I got her (me) a brush with a built-in mister! Damp hairs clump together in the silicone (?) brush, don't float around everywhere. She's fine with it because she hasn't figured out about the mister part.

I miss so many people that don't post anymore. I hope they come back and say hi.

Stay safe and healthy, have all the fun :inlove: :hug::stars2:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sarah,

You are so talented! Beautiful knife and sheath, you should be proud!
Thank you so much. I've been doing leather work ever since getting one of those Tandy Leather kits as a birthday present when I was little. I guess you could say I got around 50 years of experience. Gawd, that makes me feel older than dirt. LOL Blade making is something I mess around with once in a great while. This is the first one I've used brass on for anything other than pins.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Afternoon all. I would like to introduce you to my newly born Grandson, Orion Christopher! He had a bit of a rough start and Jen had to have an emergency c-section. She had a very rough pregnancy. Remember this was the gal that numerous doctors had told her she would never be able to conceive. Ya, they were wrong. Ori was tongue tied and lip tied so he was not able to nurse very well and was getting so much air in his tummy. Poor thing would scream for hours from the pain and he was hungry. Since they fixed the issues he is now doing so much better. I hope everyone is doing well and having a great week. Hugs to all across the miles.

Attachments

• IMG_20240507_110156.jpg
    IMG_20240507_110156.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20240511_192328027.jpg
    PXL_20240511_192328027.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20240514_001853490.jpg
    PXL_20240514_001853490.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 3

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Afternoon all. I would like to introduce you to my newly born Grandson, Orion Christopher! He had a bit of a rough start and Jen had to have an emergency c-section. She had a very rough pregnancy. Remember this was the gal that numerous doctors had told her she would never be able to conceive. Ya, they were wrong. Ori was tongue tied and lip tied so he was not able to nurse very well and was getting so much air in his tummy. Poor thing would scream for hours from the pain and he was hungry. Since they fixed the issues he is now doing so much better. I hope everyone is doing well and having a great week. Hugs to all across the miles.
congrats

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Congratulations Grandma!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Congratulations Deb, he a cutie.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Big congrats, Deb and Jen! Gentle hugs for Orion.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OMG, what a cutie! Congrats!

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
66fbc7d2f8f2e696f4ac1241ca70d9c6.gif
:stars: :hearts: :stars2: :hearts: :stars:
🎊 CONGRATULATIONS YIPPEE YAHOO 🎊

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got news for my physical therapist. She is going to have to tone down the torture. After my visit on Thursday, the agony is finally subsiding, and I go back tomorrow.

Hubby and I had gone to a surplus outlet to get some clothing and gear, because he wants to be ready for airsoft combat in the fall (when the temperatures drop down to the 70s and 80s). I should be recovered from spine surgery by then, which is not yet scheduled. Anyhow, I found a dog tag from a Marine in one of the cargo pockets on the trousers. Hubby called my Marine nephew to see if his connections could get that dog tag back to that Marine or that Marine's family. No idea why it was a single dog tag in a cargo pocket.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was informed the dog tag is an old type that has been retired, and no longer in use. If I want to get it to anyone, I have to hire a private investigator to find them, and that ain't happening.

My physical therapist is understanding limits now. I actually walked out in less pain than when I walked in today.

Community wide yard sale tomorrow. Yay! We hit a couple that were open today, and got some good deals. One that took a bit of work to make it what we needed was this thing that looked like it was used as a form of grease gun. I cleaned it up, replaced the rubber seal on the plunger, cut the tip at an angle, and drilled holes to make it a meat injector we can use for grilling and smoking. This thing is BIG...

1000002916.jpg

Also got some good Ryobi cordless tools to add to our set.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We got some good deals. Hubby scored big time. While we were out, a few first responders barely got to a house fire. He wanted to help, but wasn't trained. I told him to get back in the truck and get us out of their way fast, before we got stuck there for 4 to 6 hours just as the first fire truck came down the road and the door to the house was bashed in. Folks say this was the second time that house caught fire in the last 5 years. I think it'll be condemned and tore down after this.

VU Sponsors