Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Was workin in the garden this mornin and I swear I seen a hummingbird, time to put feeders out. They are early this year, strange, but with my eyes who knows:facepalm:
I hope everyone is well and havin a fantastic day:)

May be an image of 4 people, television, wedding and text that says 'December 17, 1969 Television history was made when Tiny Tim (no not the little guy from A Christmas Carol and Miss Vicki Budinger were married on The Tonight Show Johnny Carson. Over 45 million people tuned in to The Tonight Show to watch the marriage. with'

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person and briar

′′ Few people know that Popeye's character (Arm Wrestle) really existed. His real name was Frank ′′ Rocky ′′ Fiegel, born in Poland in 1868. he emigrated with his family to America where in 1887 he joined the Navy.
In the company of children, he clutched the pipe at the edge of his mouth, recounting tales of his youthful exploits. Frequently, he proudly emphasized his physical prowess and proclaimed with enthusiasm that spinach was the key to his invincibility.
Popeye's character creator Elzie Crisler Segar was born in Chester and was one of the children who had the privilege of hearing ′′ live ′′ the stories of the former sailor."
Credit goes to respective owner!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The older we get, the more our thoughts turn to much more important things. Like "Why did I come into this room?" or "Where did I put my glasses/wallet/keys/phone?"
(whichever I am asking about is usually already on my face, in my pockets, or in my hand)
I honest to god one time was clearly distracted while talking on the face, the person I was talking to asked what was on my mind to have me distracted, I answered "I can't find my phone.":facepalm:
Speaking of getting old, how the hedoublehockeysticks did I type 'talking on the face' instead of 'talking on the phone?'

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tin soldiers in Ohio.

Yeah

😡

Like every war we had in the 20th century, the motives were never peace, freedom or rescue. They were about taking, about ruining, about resources, defense profits, banker profits. Every war has had both sides funded from the same sources. The older I get, the more it makes me sick, but I guess the world has always been that way. Makes you wonder what it would be like if we really could all live in peace and freedom. I think humans actually love each other, across countries, across cultures.

VU Sponsors