VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
10529529_10152570759818556_1540843963_n.jpg 10531307_10152570759808556_217213988_n.jpg 10543854_10152570759813556_42561598_n.jpg

I have a ZNA and these DEFIANTLY look like a clone..

Thoughts?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It kinda looks like a Russian rifle ammo clip.. hahaha I agree it surely looks like the clone of the cloned clone :)

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This clone has "I must buy it" written all over it.. I will be looking forward to the YouTube reviews on this ZNA clone.. Most of these DNA clone's have been offered in the $70-80 price range on pre-sale.. I will own this clone if that price model holds true ..

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This clone has "I must buy it" written all over it.. I will be looking forward to the YouTube reviews on this ZNA clone.. Most of these DNA clone's have been offered in the $70-80 price range on pre-sale.. I will own this clone if that price model holds true ..

If it holds an 18650, and is under $90, one will be mine. I tried to buy a real ZNA, but got tired of all the games, the Facebook stampedes to Electronicstix when they were for sale. No way was I going to pay $500 for a flipped one. At this point, even if they were available, I wouldn't pay $279 for one. If I can't give them my money for their product, then they will simply not get any of my money. Same with the Hana Modz DNA 30, wait times of 3+ months with some units being way below par on quality. The Hana Modz clone invasion took place and all of a sudden there were lots of real Hana's for purchase at the last vape meet I went to. Coincidence? I think not.

mismo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I saw the ZnA at vape bash and fell in love. That Art Deco styling is great. The problem is that they are not available for sale. I would shell out the cash for a ZNA in a minute. That being said I am looking forward to seeing the clone. If it looks like the one in the photo I would probably pass. If the put out a 1:1 clone I would grab one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if I love it or hate it the silver looks ungodly IMHO I noticed on Ebay they already have a Pre-sale going for the clone I do like the black and silver ZnA I see my vape budge going to hell :)

Bigfockinvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know about these. The specs on ebay say Lipo and usb charging and 18560/ 18490. Also the pics look like photo shopped real ZNA's, not like the above pics. The other thing is if they are using the same chips as the Hana clones, with all the problems with them, I really don't know if it would be worth it.

Can't wait to see the the reviews say when people actually start getting them.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know about these. The specs on ebay say Lipo and usb charging and 18560/ 18490. Also the pics look like photo shopped real ZNA's, not like the above pics. The other thing is if they are using the same chips as the Hana clones, with all the problems with them, I really don't know if it would be worth it.

Can't wait to see the the reviews say when people actually start getting them.
Yeah they do look fishy I looked at them again haha I just do not like it period the more I look at it..

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love the looks of the original. But I would never pay that price. And I would say with all of the issues with the Hana clones I would be leery of a clone of a regulated device. The only higher dollar regulated device I would consider is the Vapor Shark DNA. And that one is out of my budget too.

Fuzzy Bruce

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
looks like it would be right at home in a belt clip magazine/ammo pouch when going to the "field"

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

$70-80 is exactly the price range for the ZNA30 clone ... I just hope its a good one though, first batches can be errr, rather immature. :rolleyes: I have one coming for review, I just hope it doesn't take a year and day to get here. It should be interesting ...

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I love the looks of the original. But I would never pay that price. And I would say with all of the issues with the Hana clones I would be leery of a clone of a regulated device. The only higher dollar regulated device I would consider is the Vapor Shark DNA. And that one is out of my budget too.

I admit, I am leery too, but still excited none the less.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have my eye on this one as well.

But somehow I never see a picture that shows the display.

Am I missing something?

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HTB1wLo4FFXXXXa8XVXXq6xXFXXXz.jpg

Reactions: CJ

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm gonna wait this one out for a bit. Make sure none have meltdowns or catch fire. I love the form factor of the ZNA but just don't have the $$$ for a real one.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad to help.. One thing missing that I'm not happy about is a charging port with pass thru charging.. Those are 18500 or 490 sized tubes on the other pictures of it.. Here is what 18650 looks like.. With the screw off cap it is essentially a tube mod with a dna 30 piggy backing on it and acting as the switch and 510.. Doesn't look near as sexy or stable in 18650 imo..

a9yvygy8.jpg

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Glad to help.. One thing missing that I'm not happy about is a charging port with pass thru charging.. Those are 18500 or 490 sized tubes on the other pictures of it.. Here is what 18650 looks like.. With the screw off cap it is essentially a tube mod with a dna 30 piggy backing on it and acting as the switch and 510.. Doesn't look near as sexy or stable in 18650 imo..

a9yvygy8.jpg

Nope kinda looks like ass IMO

Bigfockinvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

a9yvygy8.jpg
Am I mistaken, or is that an actual zna?

Vaping PBR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is real the clone and comes in some pretty amazing looks. No I am not the vendor and no I don't own one just one of them the girl friended me on Facebook.

If I did get one I would totally be down for the brass / black whatever looking one.

wlelgw.jpg
dzw4s2.jpg
20prnnr.jpg

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@ BFV I used that ZNA photo to show how any ZNA style device would look with a 18650 setup that's all.. There are few photos to choose from showing a ZNA sporting a 18650..tube..

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I try and imagine making a video here in the USA of a product and marketing it to the China crowd when watching these videos from the manufacturers.. They can't find one native English speaking person to do these videos for the vendors? The part in the 7:21 vid with Shelly taking a vape around 6:00 is precious and let's you know these folks don't vape but I'll give her a pass.. Nice device and +1 for Shelly bring that girl back in more vids.. I'm a 18650 guy.. Including a 18650 tube is a must for me to want this device.. It's prob too much to ask having this device built for a 18650 huh?

Last edited:

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Eh, it does look a lot cheaper than the real one looks, but then again it is cheaper. I tried to get a real a few times too, but just gave up and really didn't want it enough to go through all the mess....that and it cost a ton. I will wait this one out for a bit as well, a lot of neat stuff coming out as it is, maybe the SVD 2.0 for one.

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is a lot of neat stuff coming out Mr Joshua.. It's a great time to be a vaper I must say.. With 100 watt mod offerings in pre-orders happening now I kinda look like that guy you see in the fast food places that endlessly stares at the menu not ordering, just pondering.. I have all the vape gear I will ever need so I'm in no hurry to get another mod.. It's just some of this stuff looks so awesome and I may have to buy it.. But which one lol??

Anson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Zen's reply on his is pretty staggering/cool - don't know if I could be so calm if my product had been cloned;
So the Chi-NA clone is finally in the states, at least a sample of one has landed. I am very pleased they used Z2 threading and they maintained the same tube length. It is as close to a 1-1 clone as they can probably manage at the price point.

IF they are using the "dna clone" board that is in the CHANA it is important that people who are considering this purchase understand that the device will have NO battery condition monitoring or any of the safety features associated with the battery monitoring circuit. It does have a battery level meter... this is not the same thing as condition monitoring.

I am looking forward to the many number of people that will now get to experience the Z2 system at china prices. People entering the system from this direction will be able to add accessories from the existing Z2 lineup to personalize their Chi-NA, and if they decide to continue on and purchase an Authentic ZNA, the purchase of the accessories will not be a wasted effort. They will slide right onto the real device.

I will be contacting the manufacturer to see what we can do about getting access to these for certification as a factory authorized edition.

We live in a global economy. We have to embrace change. For those of you that feel they have stolen my design, it is true... they have... but the important thing about being in this industry is that devices like this save lives by helping people free themselves of their dependency on cigarettes and combustible tobacco.

If you are concerned about the effect this will have on my business and the livelihoods of my employees, please encourage the purchasers of the Chi-NA to accessorize with genuine ZenKote parts. I do ask that you NOT alienate people that make the choice to own a Chi-NA.

It took them 8 months to knock this one off... that's a long time in this industry, but we all knew it would happen. I am not going to file lawsuits against the resellers as others have done. I am not going to threaten the manufacturer in any way. If the American public wants to buy a knock-off of my design then they are going to buy it, no matter what I do. This is the world we live in, and I intend to embrace change.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Zen's reply on his is pretty staggering/cool - don't know if I could be so calm if my product had been cloned;

Wow that was quite a reply. I like his take on it. He knows it is gonna happen and there is nothing he can do about it. And his business can benefit from it as well.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Anson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Check this out;

Check out the voltage on the display - it's 2.9 volts.
It appears to buck as well as boost, you'd probably still be thinking that the chipset is your bog standard clone crap then I read this on the Wotofo site;

What chip is in this mod?

YIHI

This clone is sounding better by the minute.

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is real the clone and comes in some pretty amazing looks. No I am not the vendor and no I don't own one just one of them the girl friended me on Facebook.

If I did get one I would totally be down for the brass / black whatever looking one.
wlelgw.jpg
That black and brass one is a real Zen ZNA. It is the Link Limited Edition that was offered through Steam Monkey.

Anson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Focalecig show the actual clone - there's something that I can see straight away that I would consider an 'error'.
There are milling marks around the curved area next to the button, the original Zen is very smooth there.

Other than that, it actually looks pretty close to the real thing.
20us8sh.jpg

168yg4w.jpg

de1yjn.jpg

Last edited:

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No 18650 tube included?? I really like the form of this mod in 18500 but for the price I'm not thrilled with the function of it. No usb charging port is a big hit but the way you use this with a cap,, not a total deal killer for me.. No included 18650 tube is a deal killer.. TBH this mod looks uninviting and awkward in 18650 and the more I see it the less I like it.. When they get this scaled up to 26650 or 18650 I'll own it.. 18650 is the smallest battery I will use seriously.. I prefer dual batteries in parallel for a regulated device above 15 watts.. I'm not buying a pocket full of 18500 batteries to run this thing is all I know..

Dj Xy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No 18650 tube included?? I really like the form of this mod in 18500 but for the price I'm not thrilled with the function of it. No usb charging port is a big hit but the way you use this with a cap,, not a total deal killer for me.. No included 18650 tube is a deal killer.. TBH this mod looks uninviting and awkward in 18650 and the more I see it the less I like it.. When they get this scaled up to 26650 or 18650 I'll own it.. 18650 is the smallest battery I will use seriously.. I prefer dual batteries in parallel for a regulated device above 15 watts.. I'm not buying a pocket full of 18500 batteries to run this thing is all I know..
Actually it fits in the hand more comfortably with the 18650 tube IMHO, also in 18490 mode I get a good 8 hours running it at 12 watts, but that is with a real deal, I know nothing about the clone chips.

Dj Xy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looking at the videos, I noticed the body tube doesn't site as close to the housing, it has a noticeable gap that the original doesn't have.

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's like the original ZNA you can slide a long socket down the tube, loosen the bolt holding the threading in place. Then self adjust the tube to be more accurately aligned with equally spaced and minimal gap space. Then retighten the bolt.

Dj Xy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it's like the original ZNA you can slide a long socket down the tube, loosen the bolt holding the threading in place. Then self adjust the tube to be more accurately aligned with equally spaced and minimal gap space. Then retighten the bolt.
Actually if you look at the pictures of the clone you will notice there is a gap, caused by the housing not having the bevels on each side where the tube sits.

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ahh I see what you mean. It doesn't have that slight lip flare overlapping the length of the tube like the original.
Review up on Youtube. Looks like Yihi miss spelled MODE as MDOE... XD

Last edited:

Anson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looks pretty nice all the same - pity about the typo on the menu.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
not to hijack the thread...
first, i think i like the looks of this device...
second, i learned/heard that lower (.4 in this case) resistance coils on a regulated device are kinda fruitless, could someone explain that in a way an old and stoopid guy can understand...i havent tried a sub ohm build on anything i own...
third, i may have to put the 'ol crowbar to the wallet.
thanks for the review/video.

VU Sponsors