Become a Patron!

Zeus X Rta....can you help me figure this out.....

Vaping_Orchard

Member For 2 Years
Howdy all. So I'm about at my wits end with this damn RTA. I google it and found a video Biut tapping the top to close up a press fit issue. I did that but it didn't work.

It will work great for a while, then out of nowhere I get a mouthfull of juice. I turn it upside down, and juice drops out the airflow slots and the middle. Then I take a few roots and its back to working again.

Ibe experienced leaking, flooding, ext. But there has always been a reason. I cannot find any. The issues is could be I've checked.

1) enough cotton...... . My cotton tails hang down past the end of the cotton holes, and it's thick. There is no gaps anywhere. I'm actually kind of surprised it had agood flavor as haven't got a dry hit yet. To much cotton of you ask me.

2) The little air flow thing that goes over your coils. I made sure it was up in there good. Even after I screwed on the bottom. Since it spins.

3) I did that press fit tap on top thing, but didnt work.

4) This Happens without laying it on its side too.

4) Changed out every oring. Rewicked 6 times now and it just won't stop flooding. Last night I went to take a toot and got a mouthfull so I took it off my mod and set it on my desk, In a tank holder (from lids from dropper bottles) and went to bed 6
7 hours later I get up and pick it up and take a dry pull, not on any mod.... And it's just fine!!

But I don't get what can make it work great in one toot, mouth full of juice the next, and back to fine after I turn it upside down and let the juice drop out. And it's alot.

Im wondering if it's getting theough those little knoches on the removaable airflow peice. You can see in the picture the deck looks like way to much juice and thays directly after I pulled it out. And as you can see I'm using a shit load of cotton. The last wicking I didn't even comb it.

Any help or ideas would be very appreciated. I love the look of this tank on my mod. Love the flavor off of this and love the smoothness. Love the look. I don't wanna give up on it yet. I might even buy a new one a few months down the road. Incase they find and fix something.

Attachments

• PhotoPictureResizer_190606_083053097_crop_480x640.jpg
    PhotoPictureResizer_190606_083053097_crop_480x640.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20190606_082333-600x800.jpg
    IMG_20190606_082333-600x800.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20190606_082347-600x800.jpg
    IMG_20190606_082347-600x800.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20190606_082559-600x800.jpg
    IMG_20190606_082559-600x800.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 11

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, I actually had quite the opposite experience with my Zeus X. Even after thinning the wick tails way down, it hit very dry. Here's what I learned:
1. Snug cotton through the coils, but not as snug as most other RTAs.
2. Comb out the tails well.
3. Cut tails short. Very Short. Use the dam method of wicking for this RTA. Do not allow cotton to go down into the juice flow channels.
4. Take extra time to absolutely ensure that the wick tails are fluffed and completely seal off the juice flow channels. This is challenging because tails have been combed out, but this is where patience prevails.
5. The final step is to ensure that ZERO cotton is protruding from the wick slots. If it is, the chimney/deck threading will catch the cotton, dislodging it and cause flooding. Once you have verified that no cotton is protruding, VERY carefully and gently assemble the deck into the chamber/chimney assembly. Fill and vape!

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

VU Sponsors