Become a Patron!

Ystar Vitamin Review By DeucesJack

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Full Disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This RDTA was sent to me specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this mod a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.
fd13ddf3b683eb588cbf342f1f2aa1a3.jpg

First Impression Out Of The Box:

The Ystar Vitamin comes nicely packaged. Looks great in the box. Loving the look of the Ultem top cap. Feels nice and well built. Let's hope she vapes as good as she looks.

What’s In The Box:

Included with the actual tank is a spare glass, spare o'rings, and spare grub screws. No flathead screwdriver is included.
96f88a81803496d76031b0b521d57c00.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

The first thing you notice about the Vitamin is the gorgeous Ultem top cap/chuff cap. I love the new stuff that’s made with Ultem. There is no 510 adapter so if you don't like chuff cap style vaping then you are just shit out of luck. The cap has an airflow ring with six oval shaped holes. You can run it with one hole open on each side or two holes open on each side. It’s really poorly designed because you can only get one airflow hole at a time in front of your coil. The ring also does not come off for cleaning.

The tank does have a glass section but in order to disassemble the tank you need to remove the 510 pin. Really? I thought we were past all this 510 pin removal nonsense? The base is made of stainless steel and the threading all around seems to be decent.
d74d06e70a21df1951004284d43cdf4a.jpg

The Deck:

Very weird deck design. It is postless and the grub screws are flathead screws. The deck looks like a cross with the holes for the coils forming a diamond if you were to connect the dots. First of all why do a postless deck on an RDTA? Really no need for that at all. Also on the deck are 4 wicking holes, a tiny fill port and an even smaller air hole to let air out of the tank while filling. The fill port is basically useless and looks like it was an afterthought. Only the tiniest needle nose tips of a juice bottle will fit and even then filling this thing is a mess. To be honest I just use the wicking holes to fill the tank by shoving the cotton to the side.

The orings on the exterior of the deck are thin and flimsy so if you buy this tank make sure you juice them up good or they will rip. Between the two o'rings are the flathead screws you use to secure your coils to the deck. Again, another really bad design. You have to stick the screwdriver in a little hole and it can be a real pain to line things up. These screws should have been Phillips or Hex heads.
19c15b35fb6238522dcb10668eda08e4.jpg

Building And Wicking:

Building this thing is just a horror show. The deck holes that you place your leads in are arranged in a way that one lead needs to be significantly longer than the other. Then once the coil is tightened down it has to be kind of twisted into place. So not only do you constantly have to put the coil in and out to trim it and adjust it but you also have to twist it to get it to sit right. Does the guy that designed this even vape? I mean c’mon man.

Wicking is simple and easy just like a typical RDTA. To be honest though after all the nonsense and adjustments you have to do to install the coil by the time you get to the wicking you're not even sure if you want to go through with it.

But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

So let's get down to brass tacks here. How does the Vitamin actually vape? In all honesty it's OK. It’s produces a cloudy, somewhat flavorful vape with a turbulent like airflow. It’s not a terrible vape but it's nowhere near the best vape you will get from an RDTA. The vape itself actually tends to be really wet and saturated. So much so that I find myself cranking up the wattage on builds I would not normally run that high.

Conclusion:

I have to chuck up the Deuces to this RDTA. It is just very poorly designed and executed. There are way too many RDTA’s available that do a lot more things right. I would suggest to Ystar that they go back to the drawing board. Ystar, if you are reading this you really need to start employing legitimate beta testers. They would have caught most of the design flaws that you they went to market with. They would have also advised you against the stupid name you choose for the tank. I mean who wants to say I’m vaping on my Vitamin? It’s just ridiculous. Get some real beta testers and try again because this tank is a fail.

I you liked this review and found it helpful please feel free to give it a like and follow me on this forum. If you are a vendor and would like a DeucesJack review please feel free to PM me on this forum.

Pros and Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Pros:

* Ultem top cap
* Looks
* Nice packaging

Cons:

* Poorly designed all around
* Bad o'rings
* No screwdriver
* Silly name
* No 510 drip tip adapter
* 510 has to be removed to disassemble
* Airflow design
* Deck design
* Tough to build
* Tiny fill port

Specs:

* 24mm Diameter
* Stainless Steel Construction
* Gold Plating
* Postless Deck
* Genesis Style Wicking System
* Leak Resistant Design
* Top Liquid Fill Hole
* Adjustable Airflow
* Ultem Chuff Cap

The Tank On Different Mods:

On The SX Mini G Class
f344bc1faebc8d86cd9e46706bc92daf.jpg

On the Hohmtech Wrecker G2
64f11d9a4c3df0925cf8a94caade579b.jpg

On The CKS Icon
b2f7f7835c7cb33d623a54226ef895af.jpg

On The Craving Vapor Hexohm
b5a20d4d165bf274972b1bda765ccb19.jpg

The Lost Vape Triade
7738fa2f93232ca7c6c8b7eb0fc480bc.jpg

Last edited:

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review , yes deck looks very Odd indeed , wtflip nothing looks right , they make sure that you really have to work to get it to work , i think many will just bypass this , since too many others at great prices that are simply easier to work with

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Great review. In for 2. Just kidding.
The word on the afc ring is supposed to be what? When I first saw that i wondered if it's Russian Cyrillic.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great review. In for 2. Just kidding.
The word on the afc ring is supposed to be what? When I first saw that i wondered if it's Russian Cyrillic.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.
I have no idea. To be honest I vaped on it for 3 days and put it back in the box. Not a good RDTA. That's why beta testing is so important. 95% of these issues would've been caught if it was properly beta tested. On the other hand I've also seen companies beta test and then ignore the suggestions. Smfh!

I don't enjoy giving bad reviews but I have to be honest above everything else.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have no idea. To be honest I vaped on it for 3 days and put it back in the box. Not a good RDTA. That's why beta testing is so important. 95% of these issues would've been caught if it was properly beta tested. On the other hand I've also seen companies beta test and then ignore the suggestions. Smfh!

I don't enjoy giving bad reviews but I have to be honest above everything else.

-William Cowper
yeah beta testing is huge. IDK why spend so much money making a product and not beta test it?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the honest and well done review

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Thx bro.

-William Cowper

VU Sponsors