Become a Patron!

Your Vape Today? Mod, rba, juice, etc

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Review coming soon but don't wait for it. Just go out and get it. Trust me on this one.
7d62910f662ddf60b9a5e23cfc768710.jpg

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

How's it look with a 510 tip, Deuce?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Until I find something better I'm using an Aromamizer Supreme DT. I'm not crazy about the look but I'll find something better.
2656563961e7d44a2bc612a5ab96855c.jpg

The Boreas DT actually looks better on it.
69abf79557a96d852d1df74433c9f772.jpg

-William Cowper

Dang, that means the Dotmod wont look right either...Smallest one I have is the secondary one that came with my Billow v2.5 (far right)

DotMod, Aromamizer, BillowV2.5

upload_2017-1-21_13-2-58.png

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wanted zero to do with that damn tank from the second I saw it. All these new ones they've come out with, I have no change of opinion for Smok. Although that Spirals looks like it might be decent

You all have prolly read my rants before on Smok. Stopped after leaking issues in a tank and back in the day when every other carto was DOA, sometimes a whole box. The skyhook is holding up, but that's all I'm buying from them. Plenty of other good stuff out there to waste the time, money, and effort only to be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review coming soon but don't wait for it. Just go out and get it. Trust me on this one.
7d62910f662ddf60b9a5e23cfc768710.jpg

-William Cowper

Dang that thing is tiny.

Do you plan on starting a YouTube channel?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope yours arrives soon. I got mine today and I absolutely love it. I'm sure you will, too.

View attachment 72373

Holy shmolie I love it. Looks great with the mage. I'm getting a black serpent mini for mine and I'll be running it around what you got there. 30-33w and a .6-.8 clapton. Have you been able to get an idea of battery life yet? Have you tried out TC? Do you know how many amps it charges at?

Man I can't wait to get mine. It's rare that I say this but Monday can't get here fast enough!

Congrats, btw.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks!

I've been vaping it moderately since I put it together earlier and I still have good battery life left.

I haven't tried TC yet but really want to. I need SS wire!

I think it charges at 1 amp. All I know is it came with about 75% charge and took maybe 30 to 45 minutes to charge it.

Hope you can make it till Monday! I've got another mod and atomizer coming Monday, myself.

:vapemail:

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Holy shmolie I love it. Looks great with the mage. I'm getting a black serpent mini for mine and I'll be running it around what you got there. 30-33w and a .6-.8 clapton. Have you been able to get an idea of battery life yet? Have you tried out TC? Do you know how many amps it charges at?

Man I can't wait to get mine. It's rare that I say this but Monday can't get here fast enough!

Congrats, btw.
I'm interested to hear how you like your serpent mini when you get it.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I concur. Murdered out (all black) setups will never die. :)
I kind of wanted an all white set up but most RDAs come in black, silver, copper, gold, or brass.
I like that - "murdered out"! Another good color scheme is black with stainless steel (like in skt239's setup a few posts ago).

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Which one lol.
The fuchai 213 plus isn't anything I'd recommend until I do a full review and see if it works right ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nothing towards you Richard, I've known you some time now but personally, I'll never purchase a Sigelei product for lying to consumers about specs Never owned one before that either. I don't hold grudges, but I won't do business with companies who lie to consumers. Besides, there's 234234234234 products, just as cheap and as reliable (Smok, Wismec) that plays by the rules. I'm waiting on some mech reviews from you :)

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nothing towards you Richard, I've known you some time now but personally, I'll never purchase a Sigelei product for lying to consumers about specs Never owned one before that either. I don't hold grudges, but I won't do business with companies who lie to consumers. Besides, there's 234234234234 products, just as cheap and as reliable (Smok, Wismec) that plays by the rules. I'm waiting on some mech reviews from you :)
What did Sigelei lie about? I haven't heard of this before.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've noticed in the vape industry that things are real cyclical. 2 years ago Sig was known for making high quality mods. Now because of a few very bad decisions they're on the bottom. A year ago Smok was building questionable mods. Now because of new and better designs they're on top. It comes around and goes around. The key as a vaper is not to get stuck with the shit products.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I probably won't review mechs to be honest. They are fun for home but not really my thing. I only have a couple.
I couldn't agree more with you on not buying sig products but they fact it was green and will make a good review for me made it worthwhile. So I'll justify it for my channel lmao. There is a reason I told people wait for my review before purchasing. Because of the issues with the original 213.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
What did Sigelei lie about? I haven't heard of this before.
The original fuchai 213. Only did 155 watts and didn't do temp control. Also wasn't firmware upgradable and they said it was

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The original fuchai 213. Only did 155 watts and didn't do temp control. Also wasn't firmware upgradable and they said it was

That's not cool. Companies should never lie about their products. People will find out one way or another anyway!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've noticed in the vape industry that things are real cyclical. 2 years ago Sig was known for making high quality mods. Now because of a few very bad decisions they're on the bottom. A year ago Smok was building questionable mods. Now because of new and better designs they're on top. It comes around and goes around. The key as a vaper is not to get stuck with the shit products.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Very true! Things change quickly. Smok sucked in 2015 and we're the best in 2016. Ijoy also came out with a ton of good stuff for 2016. 3 years ago sig made some awesome mods now their latest mods have sucked. Same with p4u. The ipv5 was great now the 6 and 8 suck. The key is to only buy the good stuff. All companies make duds at times.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just don't have many of them. And not much to discuss other then looks and voltage drop really. And quality and such but a lot of them I would by would be clones. I used only mechs and rdas for years. Guess I got a little burned out lol. Now I mostly use regulated and dual coil RTAs

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That's not cool. Companies should never lie about their products. People will find out one way or another anyway!
Most people will never find out. That's the thing. Outside of smok and ijoy maybe I think every company has lied. Wismec lies about balanced charging. DJLsb tested the rx2/3 and gave it a no go for charging

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most people will never find out. That's the thing. Outside of smok and ijoy maybe I think every company has lied. Wismec lies about balanced charging. DJLsb tested the rx2/3 and gave it a no go for charging

Smok & Ijoy never lied, huh? I'm gonna have to call a big old BS on that shit

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Smok & Ijoy never lied, huh? I'm gonna have to call a big old BS on that shit
Not recently I can think of but wouldn't suprise me if they did at one point. All their latest products have performed as listed as far as I know but if you are aware of anything I missed I'd love to know about

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just don't have many of them. And not much to discuss other then looks and voltage drop really. And quality and such but a lot of them I would by would be clones. I used only mechs and rdas for years. Guess I got a little burned out lol. Now I mostly use regulated and dual coil RTAs

I hear ya. Voltage drop haven't been discussed in any recent videos from any reviewers in ages now.. due to 510 pins to now everything being hybrid. Also there's less and less threading on tubes now. At work, we sell a lot of non-rebuildables; tanks, kits, regulated devices. People are choosing the easy plug and vape instead of rebuilding now. Same goes for views on reviewer videos, high view videos are tanks, regulated devices, and not so much mechs.

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
12217.JPG

Paid 30 bucks for this RDA. The place where I bought it from guy told me fill after 40-50 hits. More like 15-20 @ 40w. After trimming the wick got it to work better. Vape for Today is 1922 by thesauceLA. A very good menthol based vape. Can't taste the other flavors yet..Still fighting a Cold...

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I hear ya. Voltage drop haven't been discussed in any recent videos from any reviewers in ages now.. due to 510 pins to now everything being hybrid. Also there's less and less threading on tubes now. At work, we sell a lot of non-rebuildables; tanks, kits, regulated devices. People are choosing the easy plug and vape instead of rebuilding now. Same goes for views on reviewer videos, high view videos are tanks, regulated devices, and not so much mechs.
They still have a niche. I enjoy them from time to time. They look nice but I like knowing my battery charge and not having to build a certain way. Plus for authentics I have a hard time paying 300 bucks for what is essentially a flashlight tube (panzer blackhawk) I'll probably review the Ohmega shorty kit since I have that. I paid like 50-60 for the mod, rta, and rda so I think reviewing it as a kit would be cool

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They still have a niche. I enjoy them from time to time. They look nice but I like knowing my battery charge and not having to build a certain way. Plus for authentics I have a hard time paying 300 bucks for what is essentially a flashlight tube (panzer blackhawk) I'll probably review the Ohmega shorty kit since I have that. I paid like 50-60 for the mod, rta, and rda so I think reviewing it as a kit would be cool

Yup. You're going for subs and views so you'll be reviewing those, as would I. More people want to see the lower cost devices, more available to them than expensive boxes or tubes. At least, if I drop my box; no screen will pop out, chip/internals will get wet, or the need to ship back to vendor to fix issues, would suck more if they discontinued it too, even harder to fix. I feel like regulated devices and companies who produce them trying to out each other wattage-wise, it'll continue to due so. Mechs 5 years ago, are still great in these times as well. If you don't do mech reviews, hopefully, you can do some ohms law and battery safety videos, can't stress how important it is for new vapers to know about an important part of vaping; mechs or regulated.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yup. You're going for subs and views so you'll be reviewing those, as would I. More people want to see the lower cost devices, more available to them than expensive boxes or tubes. At least, if I drop my box; no screen will pop out, chip/internals will get wet, or the need to ship back to vendor to fix issues, would suck more if they discontinued it too, even harder to fix. I feel like regulated devices and companies who produce them trying to out each other wattage-wise, it'll continue to due so. Mechs 5 years ago, are still great in these times as well. If you don't do mech reviews, hopefully, you can do some ohms law and battery safety videos, can't stress how important it is for new vapers to know about an important part of vaping; mechs or regulated.
I actually did a battery safety vid. It's stickied in the battery junkies forum ;) and it covered both mech and regulated.

Views and subscribers I like getting for sure but my aim is to help people pick good products in their price range. Stop people from wasting money on bad products and be an honest source of info. Plus to help people stay safe. I also just did a battery rewrap video as well. Also to help new vapors since there is a ton of outdated info on sites. Plus with shills and crappy review sites it's hard to find good info

I think as enthusiasts we lost sight of what vaping really is. And that's a way for people to quit smoking. Not everyone wants to spend 300 bucks and build stuff. It can be overwhelming for someone who is used to lighting a cigarette and smoking. I quit using an ego c twist batt and kanger evod tank many years ago. If I can help someone find a decent set up for 20 bucks and keep them off tobacco I'm happy.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I actually did a battery safety vid. It's stickied in the battery junkies forum ;) and it covered both mech and regulated.

Views and subscribers I like getting for sure but my aim is to help people pick good products in their price range. Stop people from wasting money on bad products and be an honest source of info. Plus to help people stay safe. I also just did a battery rewrap video as well. Also to help new vapors since there is a ton of outdated info on sites. Plus with shills and crappy review sites it's hard to find good info

I think as enthusiasts we lost sight of what vaping really is. And that's a way for people to quit smoking. Not everyone wants to spend 300 bucks and build stuff. It can be overwhelming for someone who is used to lighting a cigarette and smoking. I quit using an ego c twist batt and kanger evod tank many years ago. If I can help someone find a decent set up for 20 bucks and keep them off tobacco I'm happy.

Subbed #88. :) Yeah, it's the fruits of victory when you get a smoker to transition to vaping. Lately, it's been the Smok Alien kit that the smokers want, in my experiences at work. Phil Busardo helped me 5 years ago. And this forum and my friends here continue give me inspiration as well.

VU Sponsors