Become a Patron!

Your steeping storage

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am just about to begin mixing for the first time and see lots of the nuts and bolts part, but what about your steeping juices? Where and how do you store them? In an airtight container? Just a dark spot out of the way? I am just trying to find out what works for you all. Thanks!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I keep them in the bottles they will be dispensed out of under a desk lamp next to my computer so I can have them at around 95°F and shake them every now and then. Always out of DIRECT SUNLIGHT. I usually only make 3-4 60ML bottles at one time lately.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I make up to a dozen batches at a time, throw the bottles into
cheap plastic food containers (grouped together based on date made) then throw the containers into the cheap plastic desk drawer. There they stay, waiting for my cheap plastic self to vape them. When the bottles are empty they go back into the mixing que and the process repeats.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
If I have time and will power, I put em into my kitchen cabinet or in my closed bookshelf in the dinning room. But if I want to just try the flavor I just made, because there's nothing worse then trying a new recipe/mixture and it tastes like crap at the end, I will throw my bottles for 2-4 cycles into my ultrasonic cleaner. Yes I am that fancy, I'm sorry lol

jpasint

Member For 4 Years
I keep mine on top of my router because the router runs around 90 degrees. I shake them a few times per day.

Most recipes I do a few hours in the UC and then 24 hours on the shaker. That usually steeps almost completely to around 90 to 95 percent done.
Some recipes really need some time though to fully steep.
Those are the ones that sit on top of the router.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I keep mine in a group. One container (usually small cardboard box) per date mixed. They go in an end closet. I dont heat, shake, vent, ect. I'm always digging in there though to use lol. It would be ideal for me to not touch anything until 3 weeks has past. It sucks when you only have a little left of something that has gone through full maturation process. I really need to start prepping ahead. I finally got enough stock to do that now.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Steeping? Ain't nobody got time for that!
af5601328cd9558e75a84c456511642b.jpg
90564b269a85cab7035b62aa02c40a2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Honestly I think steeping is overrated. I've never had a juice change so much that I'd rather let it sit for weeks than just vape it right away. One thing steeping is good for is to get rid of any harshness or unintended throat hit and that usually only takes a day or two.

I could be wrong. Maybe i just don't want to wait? Maybe my palette isn't that sensitive? As for storage, all my juice goes in one of my kitchen cupboards where the kids can't reach.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Honestly I think steeping is overrated. I've never had a juice change so much that I'd rather let it sit for weeks than just vape it right away. One thing steeping is good for is to get rid of any harshness or unintended throat hit and that usually only takes a day or two.

I could be wrong. Maybe i just don't want to wait? Maybe my palette isn't that sensitive? As for storage, all my juice goes in one of my kitchen cupboards where the kids can't reach.
We're all different. For me, vanilla and creams really come to life after a couple of weeks. Fresh Bronuts isnt all that great either lol. But I love it after some time.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile

Try a freshly made juice, either your own diy or from a local store and tell me, that there was no difference to the juices you buy online , which are pre steeped by either the company or reseller.

Some juices that fall in the desert isle are better or you're getting full flavor note/profile after steeping.
If you keep your liquid in the kitchen cupboard, out of reach from your kids, and it has closed doors, surprise you're indirectly steeping.

Steeping doesn't have to be in a box, closet, crock pot, closet or even a ultrasonic cleanser. Taking it out of direct light sources including sun light and placing it, in a dark place, is the process of steeping. You might not leave it there for some weeks, as many of us do, but if it stands there a week, even if used during that time, its the same. Again it was pre steeped by the vendor you got it from anyways and in most cases that's enough to enjoy most flavors right out the mailbox or store front.

If you're using a RDTA for example, you'll notice the difference, not so much with sub ohm tanks.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try a freshly made juice, either your own diy or from a local store and tell me, that there was no difference to the juices you buy online , which are pre steeped by either the company or reseller.

Some juices that fall in the desert isle are better or you're getting full flavor note/profile after steeping.
If you keep your liquid in the kitchen cupboard, out of reach from your kids, and it has closed doors, surprise you're indirectly steeping.

Steeping doesn't have to be in a box, closet, crock pot, closet or even a ultrasonic cleanser. Taking it out of direct light sources including sun light and placing it, in a dark place, is the process of steeping. You might not leave it there for some weeks, as many of us do, but if it stands there a week, even if used during that time, its the same. Again it was pre steeped by the vendor you got it from anyways and in most cases that's enough to enjoy most flavors right out the mailbox or store front.

If you're using a RDTA for example, you'll notice the difference, not so much with sub ohm tanks.

You're right. I just started vaping yesterday. I have a lot to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My steeping shelf is an old safe/file cabinet.......

Gives me a dark cool place to store stuff.... that toddler grandkids can't get into.......

BUT.... steeping is overrated... you don't or shouldn't need to steep all juice... especially if you DIY. Steeping will not make a bad juice good...... only better or worse. Bad juice rarely gets better and good juice rarely gets worse. Chances are if you like it or almost like it new... you will like it more in a few days weeks or months.... IMO those that only need days are candidates for speed steeping... cooking the juice at around 140f or less for some hours. Those that need more time to mature do best on a shelf.

If you cook you know this already... cooks taste food throughout the process. Even though many things taste completely different cooked v raw...

Take aged alcohol...... old spirits are only good if you like the spirits. And wether old whiskey tastes better than direct from the stil is a matter of opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors