Become a Patron!

Your preference: Large or Small Mod... Heavy or Light Mod ?

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Among my many APV's, I find I prefer my Semovar over my slightly shorter ProVari becaus its a bit lighter. I didn't care for box mods Ive owned (whatever floats your boat) but recently tried then bought A Vapor Shark DNA30 due to its incredibly small size.....and am really liking it simply due to the small size and the lighter weight.

If there was a really well built and versatile Ego stick battery, I would probably use it..... (and a Kayfun mini?)........ but there's not and I dont...

What are your preferences and why............ Just curious.

PirateB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Love love love my 14500 mods, they are so elegant and sophisticated looking IMO, great for a night out, etc!
e3ebuser.jpg

4yje9esy.jpg

That said, they can't pump out the wattage like my larger mods, nor do they have the tank capacity or battery life.

PirateB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wanted to add I'm not a big fan of boxmods either, but the gizmo has caught my eye as a nice pocketable setup. Similar to the microstick in configuration, but has the ability to accept up to 23mm atomizers.

a9u2u6y4.jpg

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wanted to add I'm not a big fan of boxmods either, but the gizmo has caught my eye as a nice pocketable setup. Similar to the microstick in configuration, but has the ability to accept up to 23mm atomizers.

a9u2u6y4.jpg
That's pretty cool... That's a mighty big hand holding that gizmo. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Preference has been for MVP and A6 Mini RDA. Just received Hana Modz and Magna clones. Happy with MVP but wanted replaceable batteries and a larger RDA. Excellent so far -- think I did well.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For me the bigger and heavier the better…

Right now I have a Maraxus with a Kayfun. I'd like bigger and heavier than that in the future.

Bottom line… If it can't double as a club I am really not interested.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like them all but I also do not much care for box mods I myself like a bit of heft I use many in a day I prefer my tube mods

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't like the wood ones. They look pretty but not my thing.
other than that all I really care about is functionality. I have a k100 a colonial and a DNA30 clone. 97% of the time the k100 is being tightly gripped in my grubby hand:).

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I enjoy my big box for home use because I can set it down without knocking it over. Use a tube mostly. Have a wooden "tubish" box I made that I like, but is too lightweight IMO because an rba makes it top heavy.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
my rigs run as light as a Aerotank Mini on a Spinner V2, to as heavy as a Russian 3.1 on a Cartel clone

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm really digging the weight of the IPV2 with a Zenith clone

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I'm waiting for a single 26650 regulated 100 watts box mods... If it ain't 26650 FORGET ABOUT IT
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Attachments

• 6tag_160814-120535.jpg
    6tag_160814-120535.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 15

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Shiny???????????????????????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love modboxes most as there's so many varieties now but still love and mostly use my Seven 22. I just think it's the best mod I've ever bought. Bought two actually. Spare one.

I know you'll see the reviewers on their Facebook's and instagrams showing off their rows of amazing and unique boxes and mods that are all better than the Seven 22 I'm sure.

But I'm not a reviewer. Don't have any modder offering me their latest version of this or that. I'm just an ordinary vaper. And I think if you like big mods that last a day or two sub ohming on a single battery then the Seven does it nicely.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love modboxes most as there's so many varieties now but still love and mostly use my Seven 22. I just think it's the best mod I've ever bought. Bought two actually. Spare one.

I know you'll see the reviewers on their Facebook's and instagrams showing off their rows of amazing and unique boxes and mods that are all better than the Seven 22 I'm sure.

But I'm not a reviewer. Don't have any modder offering me their latest version of this or that. I'm just an ordinary vaper. And I think if you like big mods that last a day or two sub ohming on a single battery then the Seven does it nicely.
I own a 730 dude...

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shiny???????????????????????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, I have a problem..shinyitis.

I mostly use 18650 mods and an ipv2, since I'm mostly subohm dripping these days. I have a couple Russians and kayfuns that I can use 18350 mode on. Usually if I'm going somewhere and I know that I have to be all super stealthy about my vaping, I'll use my ss 4nine in 18350. Otherwise I'm dripping.

I still can't get past the size of the 26650s. I mean it's great if you need to use it as a pdw.. otherwise they just look obnoxious.

Size: Large-Small, no XL.. I may get one just for shit's and giggles though.

Weight: Doesn't matter to me.

imedicx90

Member For 4 Years

a9u2u6y4.jpg

Where can I find this gizmo? Looks ace!

I myself prefer 18350/490 mods. And the 490 mods I'm super selective on. But my favorite mod as of yet is the fortune in 350.

d8a5ccf9044fe7f138d22174eaffe854.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't like the wood ones. They look pretty but not my thing.
other than that all I really care about is functionality. I have a k100 a colonial and a DNA30 clone. 97% of the time the k100 is being tightly gripped in my grubby hand:).
I learned my lesson dude... No more wood mods for me!!!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great aren't they. My 22 sometimes vapes at 23, 24, 25... could just be a screen error. I don't know.

View attachment 4962
Great solid device dude, the higher wattage is just telling us you can go this high on this BUILT!! I love my 730 dude, I heard P4Y WILL follow it up with 750... I'm still waiting!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great solid device dude, the higher wattage is just telling us you can go this high on this BUILT!! I love my 730 dude, I heard P4Y WILL follow it up with 750... I'm still waiting!
I'll look forward to that. I knew straight away I'd like it. I don't have any issue with the tilt to change settings. Just do it with some style ;)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Heavy beastly things at home...lighter kit whilst out and about

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll look forward to that. I knew straight away I'd like it. I don't have any issue with the tilt to change settings. Just do it with some style ;)
I'm not downgrading to any 18650 regulated device bro, it doesn't make any sense to be vaping 50 watts with 18650 battery, IT JUST DONT MAKE SENSE!! the T6 is what I'm waiting for!!! Sven50 as well.
My wife is 5''1 ,she loves my 730 with a 26650 kayfun on top lol.. I guess when u go big u never wanna go back... BTW I'm 6 4 248lbs....

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not downgrading to any 18650 regulated device bro, it doesn't make any sense to be vaping 50 watts with 18650 battery, IT JUST DONT MAKE SENSE!! the T6 is what I'm waiting for!!! Sven50 as well.
My wife is 5''1 ,she loves my 730 with a 26650 kayfun on top lol.. I guess when u go big u never wanna go back... BTW I'm 6 4 248lbs....
I agree completely, however just because you have the horsepower, does not mean you must use it all. I love my tubular mechs, but nothing packs that wee extra OOMPH quite like a DNA 20 or 30...or the "other one"....IPV2

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 26650 kayfun leaks no matter what. I don't care. Please, nobody start giving me tips on how to fix it lol

I have some really decent 5100mah batteries for my 22 by Keeppower. I've run some tests on them and they came out slightly higher. Very good batteries. I didn't see the point in buying the sonys. What were they .. something like 3000mah? It defeats the purpose.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 26650 kayfun leaks no matter what. I don't care. Please, nobody start giving me tips on how to fix it lol

I have some really decent 5100mah batteries for my 22 by Keeppower. I've run some tests on them and they came out slightly higher. Very good batteries. I didn't see the point in buying the sonys. What were they .. something like 3000mah? It defeats the purpose.

Leaking????I never had that problem on my RTA'S, I SUGGEST FLIP IT UPSIDE DOWN KEEP BLOWING ON THE AIRHOLE,DONT FORGET TO TAKE THE TIP OFF... I have PANASONICS ON MY 730 3500 MAH, THEY LAST A WHOLE DAY WITH MY WIFE, SHES A CHAIN VAPER...

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Various things can cause leaks. For example, if you keep your house cool in the summer (my roommate keeps the temp at 19c (67f for you colonists) and take your *fun outside into a very hot and humid climate...it will tend to weep a wee bit. It's a simple matter of barometric pressure.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Various things can cause leaks. For example, if you keep your house cool in the summer (my roommate keeps the temp at 19c (67f for you colonists) and take your *fun outside into a very hot and humid climate...it will tend to weep a wee bit. It's a simple matter of barometric pressure.
that's not the problem

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that's not the problem dude...
I think we are all aware of that

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
that's not the problem
Oh I was just adding my point of experience. I am from the wastelands of Scotland, but have lived in the American Midwest for a number of years.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that's not the problem

So what is the problem? He said that he didn't want tips, but I would like to know what the problem with his device is... I think if it were flooded Hobby kid would know how to handle it. This isn't his first rodeo.

the_vaping_kaynoh

Member For 4 Years
I prefer a nice heavy mod. Just picked a copper fuhattan, this sucker is heavy! Fell off my desk and left a gnarly dent on the wood floor lol but that's just me.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Small and light but hitting really big. Sure, it's a challenge. More plastic designs please! :p

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lightweight 18490 and lite[for 26650] Seigeli 20Watt with SS 26650 tube from VariTube. Traded off a Fat Snow Wolf Black Rose Edition after a week because it was bulky and heavy
pureS26650_zps23ead7cf.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Needs to be able to live in my shirt pocket.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what is the problem? He said that he didn't want tips, but I would like to know what the problem with his device is... I think if it were flooded Hobby kid would know how to handle it. This isn't his first rodeo.
it's just a first gen' 26650 kayfun. badly made clone where they got the drilling sizes wrong. anything is solvable with some savvy and time. I don't have the time :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And I don't have the savvy lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Picture_34.jpg

medium sized body with a big fat head....the ladies love me.

dmska

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I only use 18650 mechanicals. I just can't tolerate the short battery life of the '350 or even '500 mods. My personal favorite happens to be a 23mm mod, the Paps X.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vamo in 18350 mode or mvp2. It has to fit in my purse and not weigh as much as a ton of bricks.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dual-coil 5 ml rebuildable tank side-by-side gripper style with a 2600+ mah top firing vw mod fitting entirely in the palm of my hand and weighing no more that 4 ounces.

Is that too much to ask? :rolleyes:

VU Sponsors