Become a Patron!

Yosta Ypod Mini Review – Small but Mighty

Bl4ckKat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Yosta Ypod Mini is a simplified version of the Ypod, one of the first pods to have an OLED display. The Ypod Mini has a 310mAh battery and two types of coils available for vaping both ejuice and CBD. This is one of the smallest pods out there, being only slightly larger than a cigarette and weighing only 15g.

Specs and Features
  • Size: 86.8 x 14mm
  • Battery Capacity: 310mAh
  • Pod Capacity: 1.0ml
  • Ceramic Coil: 1.3Ω (E-liquid) or 1.5Ω (CBD) (Not included)
  • Input Voltage: 3.3V-4.2V
  • Material: Stainless Steel+PCTG
  • Continuous 3A discharge
  • Power output 7.5W-8.5W
  • Available in five colours: Stainless Steel, Black, Gun Metal, Blue, and Rainbow
2019_05_04_1910.png

Find out more here http://www.yostatech.com/ProductsDetail.aspx?ID=25

The Yosta Ypod Mini comes with a 1.3Ω pod with a 1ml capacity. Also available is a 1.5Ω coil for vaping CBD. The pods for the Ypod Mini have a unique duckbill design which makes it comfortable to use, and a more familiar shape to smokers. The pods have a unique split airflow, instead of a single hole in the mouthpiece there are two. Airflow holes on each side of the battery provide a less restrictive airflow than you would expect.

The airflow can be restricted by placing a finger over one or both of the air holes. I tend to prefer pods with a less restrictive mouth to lung hit, so I found the Ypod Mini a satisfying vape with my 50mg nicotine salts. Due to its small size, the pods have a smaller 1ml capacity. I found the smaller capacity wasn’t too much of an issue. Filling once or twice a day is made easy with a needle tip bottle.

ypod7-1.png

Yosta include a needle tip refilling bottle in the box, along with two replacement rubber stoppers. The pods are bottom fill and sealed with a small piece of rubber. These are really small and can easily lost, so it’s a good thing Yosta include spares. The filling hole on the pod is very small, so you will need to use the supplied needle tip bottle for filling. The Mini pods have a ceramic coil which heats and vaporises the juice evenly, and provides a warm rather than cool vape.

I did find the pod gets a little warm with heavy use, but it doesn’t seem to affect the operation of the pod, in case of overuse the pod’s built in protections kick in. With the 1.3ohm pod the Ypod mini outputs 8.5W of power, and 7.5W with the 1.5ohm coil for CBD. The Ypod Mini is a draw activated device, so you don’t need to worry about it potentially firing in your pocket. There is also a 5 second cut off and low voltage protection if the battery drops below 3.3V.

ypod5-1.png

The pod is charged by micro usb, and you really get an idea of how small the device is when you realise the micro usb takes up the majority of the space on the base of the pod. Charging takes less than an hour (around 40 minutes) the solid green LED indicator turns off when the pod is fully charged. The single green LED also flashes to indicate low battery level or short circuit.

Although small in size, the battery has a decent 310mAh capacity, which lasts an entire day. I’ve found the Ypod mini can be refilled at least twice on a single charge. For a low wattage device, the vaping experience is still satisfying. Smokers are going to enjoy this pod with it being a similar size and similar shape to a cigarette. This may benefit smokers who enjoy the familiar shape and size as well as the hand to mouth action.

ypod9-1.png

The low wattage of the Ypod Mini is perfect for new vapers, they won’t feel overwhelmed by the vapour production. In many ways the Ypod Mini has been designed to mimic the feel of a traditional cigarette, without looking like a cigalike device. I think this makes a great starter device for new vapers, and a really portable stealthy device if you’re vaping CBD.

There are a range of different colours available that come in a metallic finish. The Ypod is constructed from a PCTG plastic that is more durable and less brittle. It doesn’t feel like it’s made of plastic, and it doesn’t look or feel cheap. The overall build quality is of a high standard, the Ypod Mini is an attractive looking pod.

Ypod3-1.png

Pros

• The Ypod Mini is extremely small and lightweight, which makes it a really stealthy vape.
  • There are a choice of two coils available for the Ypod.
  • A lower wattage output of 8.5W give you a little more life from the 310mAh battery.
  • The PCTG material is less brittle than PC plastic which makes the Ypod more durable and less prone to breakage.
  • It has a less restrictive airflow than many other pods I’ve tried. It’s very easy to block the airflows with you finger if you would like a more restrictive draw.
  • This is one of the smallest pods out there, with a still decent battery capacity.
  • The pod has a constant power output of 3A, it has a surprising amount of power for a such a small pod.
  • The coil technology is a ceramic mesh, which heats easily and provides a warm vape.
  • The size, shape, and warmth of the vapor mimic a traditional cigarette really well.
  • For a bottom filling pod, there was little to no juice residue or leaking.

Cons
  • You only get one coil in the box, when there are different coils available for the one product it would be nice if one of each is included.
  • The juice capacity is only 1ml, most pods have a 1.6ml or above. However it is handy having the included needle tip fill bottle, and not an inconvenience to carry it with you.
  • The YPod gets a little warm if you chain vape, and I have found juice occasionally gets trapped in the airflow of the pod.

Bottom Line
The Ypod Mini is an apt name, this little pod is micro sized. If you’re looking for a stealthy vape, this little pod fits the bill. I’ve tried many ceramic coil style pods, and this is one of the better ones. The ceramic heating technology is improving, one of the areas that were lacking was flavour. Flavour of the Ypod is overall decent, I don’t think it’s quite as good as pods with nichrome of SS coils, but it comes close. Flavour improved by the second and third pod filling, so I would rate the Ypod a 7.5/10 for flavour.

Despite its mini size the Mini is surprisingly satisfying to use, vapor production is comparable to other pods I’ve recently reviewed such as the Innokin EQs and the Vaporesso Aurora Play. While this is a low wattage device, with a slightly lower battery and juice capacity, it still lasts a day on a single charge. I’ve really enjoyed using this pod, I think it’s a great one for new smokers, and a really handy device for vaping CBD. Overall I’d rate the Ypod Mini an 8/10, it’s a good option for anyone looking for a small and stealthy vape that is suitable for both nicotine salts and CBD.

ypod9-1.png

VU Sponsors