Become a Patron!

Yosta IGVI RDTA 25

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the IGVI RDTA 25 from Yosta. The RDTA was kindly supplied by James from the Healthcabin for the purpose of this review.

https://www.healthcabin.net/yosta-igvi-2...16145.html

In the Box

Contents:

1pc IGVI RDTA 25
1pc Spare Parts Polybag
1pc Japan Organic Cotton
1pc Replacement Glass Tube
2pc Clapton Coils

Aesthetics

On opening the box i was met by a strange looking RDTA from an aesthetics point of view. Facing me on the top section was 2 rows of cut out triangles, 3 larger ones at the top and four smaller ones underneath, these triangles alternate between being the right way up and upside down. I must admit i really don't like the look of it at all. The front looks better with a ring of etched stars surrounding a logo that says "RDTA 25", on the reverse "IGVI" is etched. I was sent the silver version and the looks improve with the frosted drip tip and glass, however looking at the other 2 colours available the rainbow in my opinion looks cheap and blue drip tip almost toy like. Although the rows of triangles don't do anything for me i imagine some people will quite like the look of the tank in the silver or black version. Like with all tanks that comes with frosted or coloured glass i wish the spare would always be clear so people have the option but yet again that's not the case here.

Specs:

Size: 50*25mm
Stainless Steel
Glass
Large top center oil hole for easy and convenient refilling
Anti spit back
Dual mode airflow system and unique internal airflow controlling ring
Three color options Silver, Black, 7-Color
Large 4.0ml capacity
Universal 810 drip tip
Color: Rainbow/Silver/Black

Disassembling the tank and airflow

This is normally where i would say taking the tank apart was a breeze but i had a hell of a job trying to separate the deck and base from the glass but managed it eventually, fortunately reassembling the tank was the doddle i am more accustomed to. The bottom airflow is adjusted by turning the top section, all 4 triangles is fully open but can be reduced to suit. The upper larger 3 triangles have a clear plastic lining behind them with a large hole where the middle triangle is located to give you side airflow. The problem is when you alter the bottom airflow these 2 side airflow holes go completely out of line, in fact if you were to reduce the airflow down to just one triangle all the side airflow would be hitting is cotton.
Luckily when vaping i found i had the airflow wide open so the side airflow worked well but it's still a terrible design fault. It say's the tank has a 810 fitting and yes; 810 drip tips do fit but loosely so really you have to use the one provided. Removing the drip tip reveals a spit guard.

The Deck

The deck is a mixed bag of good and bad points. It is a duel post velocity style deck with large post holes. The 25mm deck is very roomy and looking at the airflow intakes the bottom of the coils will be receiving plenty of air. The first issue is the posts are 14mm apart due to the large tube for the center filling system, it's just too far. Using the coils that came with the tank i needed to stretch out the coils and have very long legs to reach the posts. Really you need to use spaced out coils or have a lot of wraps to make it less of a manipulated build. The other issue is you need to keep the diameter of your coil down to 3mm absolute max to avoid touching the center filling tube. Once done wicking is a formality and it's time to have a vape.

Filling the Tank and Performance

Filling the tank is done straight into the center tube on the deck (the tank holds 4mm), when you look into the top cap you can see positioned underneath the spit guard is a o-ringed bung which will seal the tube. After filling the tank and saturating the coils; on goes the top section.

The Yosta IGVI RDTA 25 then somewhat redeemed itself despite the issues i found when it came to the important part it performed well, but not before i needed to adjust the 510 (it comes barely protruding). The spit guard worked well (i believe reduction of vapour and flavour due to a spit guard is a complete myth) and vaping at 85w (high for me) the drip tip did stay nice and cool. There was plenty of vapour and the flavour was very descent.

Center fill
Spit Guard
4ml capacity
Spacious deck
Good vapour production
Descent Flavour

Dislikes

Side airflow poorly thought out
Posts are too far apart
810 fit (debatable)
No clear glass option

Conclusion

A very cheaply priced RDTA which gives good vapour production and descent flavour. The tank has some good features but a couple of them are badly implemented. It has issues but if you don't mind using spaced out coils or coils with many wraps and your looking for a budget RDTA, this could be up your street.

I would once again like to thank James from the Healthcabin for supplying the Yosta IGVI RDTA 25 for review.

https://www.healthcabin.net/yosta-igvi-2...16145.html

VU Sponsors