Become a Patron!

YiHi chip inaccurately reading resistance

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I just had something weird happen. I rewicked one of my Lemos for a juice change and popped it on my Sigelei Mini 30w. Fired and it was popping like crazy. Checked to make sure I hadn't bumped it to another power setting and noticed the coil resistance was jumping all over the place. It is a 1.9Ω build but was fluctuating all the up to 3.8Ω and everywhere in between. Thought maybe I tweaked the coil or something so I tried it on my IPV Mini 30w. Same thing. Popped it on my Vaporshark rDNA 30 and it read just fine. Tried several fires and it stayed the same. Back on to the Sigelei and IPV and it jumped all over the place again. Back on the VS and all is fine.

Any ideas???

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
My thought is the pin is not making proper connection.

I have had similar experiences with my Kayfuns on different devices.

Could also be an insulator gone wonky.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you havent already, for good measure, also check screw tightness on your build. Sometimes they come loose on their own and cause this exact scenario.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like it might be something with the topper since it effected two devices. Strange that the VS is working it properly, but the chances of two different devices tweaking at the same time is pretty damn high. Have you tried another topper to test the Sig and IPV?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like it might be something with the topper since it effected two devices. Strange that the VS is working it properly, but the chances of two different devices tweaking at the same time is pretty damn high. Have you tried another topper to test the Sig and IPV?

Yup I tried my other two Lemos and they are reading correct across all three devices.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

But the common denominator is both devices reading incorrectly run the same exact chip. Also just checked the Lemo in question on my Provari and it is reading just fine. So it is something in the two with the YiHi chip. And as I said in the post above my other two Lemos are reading fine on all three devices.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well out of the blue everything is back to normal. Did nothing to the Lemo at all. Just decided to try it again on the Sig and IPV and now it is reading fine and steady. Vaping gremlins I guess. Wish I could say I figured it out but I really didn't. So if it happens again I won't know for sure what to do. LOL

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Musta been that magnetic mind control beam the NSA is testing in your area. Did you by chance want to eat a bag of potato chips while singing the battle hymm of the republic? That's a sure sign that the beam was used, causing your atty's to read funny.:D

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Musta been that magnetic mind control beam the NSA is testing in your area. Did you by chance want to eat a bag of potato chips while singing the battle hymm of the republic? That's a sure sign that the beam was used, causing your atty's to read funny.:D

Funny ha ha... or funny whacko ? ... :D

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok gonna bring this one back up. Issues have come back again. Two out of my three Lemos and one of my Kv4's are giving resistance readings all over the place on both my IPV Mini and Sigelei Mini 30w. Resistance goes from what it is supposed to be all the way up to the 4.8 range. The 510 pins on both devices are clean. The 510 connection is fine on all toppers. Screws on my build are tight. No hot legs. And again when I pop any of the three onto my Vaporshark or Provari the readings are fine. I don't have any idea what to do. I'm to the point where I don't even want to use either of my YiHi devices because I am afraid I am gonna torch my wick. I have to look at the display every time I fire.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My istick did that with one of my tanks. Til I figured it out I switched to voltage mode and it stayed consistent, wattage mode it jumped everywhere, just lowering it down to the Max wattage for that resistance, so it wasn't a super issue. Not sure if that's a fix or not, but it worked on my istick.

KOZMICCLOUD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could be your connections be loose I would tighten the screws

Last edited:

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I used to have the same problem on my sig 100w box. I used pliers (carefully) to screw my atty down, because if i didn't the resistance would jump ALLLLL over the place. 80W on a .25 ohm coil is ok......80W on a 2.5 ohm coil-not so much haha

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was having this issue with a protank2 on the Sig...freshly built coil, new cotton,everything washed out and dried.

Installed it and ohms were jumping all over the place...Tried my cana and was the same thing...tried the mvp and sure enough the same thing.

I havent the slightest idea what was wrong with what but now it works on any device again and all i did was try it again at a later time...i checked everything and couldnt physically see the problem...*shrugs

I have never had a problem with any of my kanger protank 2's and im 100 percent stumped to the problem that arose but considering it had the same issue on 3 different devices with 3 different style 510 connectors, i cant point to the 510 connector of the devices as the issue.

Last edited:

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been having wonky readings on my sx mini and mile high mod also with Russians in particular. Both are YIHI chips. Put them on a shark or my dani and fine, also fine on my ohm meter. Gonna break everything down and clean the hell outta my stuff and hopefully fix this. It is a little disconcerting though.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Think it's some sort of odd connection issue for me. When adjustable center screw fo russian is all the way in, readings.are.all.over the place. When I leave it sticking out a.bit , no problems. Sometimes.it self tightens, and I got weirdness. Maybe the center.pin on the mod.is touching that outer sleeve on the connector on the tank, idk.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think it's some sort of odd connection issue for me. When adjustable center screw fo russian is all the way in, readings.are.all.over the place. When I leave it sticking out a.bit , no problems. Sometimes.it self tightens, and I got weirdness. Maybe the center.pin on the mod.is touching that outer sleeve on the connector on the tank, idk.
It has to be something with the toppers by my way of thinking.

It is weird that both of you say your dna devices do not get tripped up by it though.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe cuz the yi hi chip is so sensitive, reading two decimal.places and all. My Russians.are.like 8 months old, so maybe time.for new.insulators?

VU Sponsors