Become a Patron!

Yet another safety question.

Chum

Member For 5 Years
I am using a Smok Alien 220. Have 3 pairs of cells. 2 green pair Samsung 25R5s and 1 pair LG HD2s. I usually vape this mod at around 100 Watts, with a 0.15 ohm coil, until the battery life indicator is all the way down. The voltage reading on the mod never drops below 4.0. The amp draw reading averages around 26.

Is this ok?

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I am using a Smok Alien 220. Have 3 pairs of cells. 2 green pair Samsung 25R5s and 1 pair LG HD2s. I usually vape this mod at around 100 Watts, with a 0.15 ohm coil, until the battery life indicator is all the way down. The voltage reading on the mod never drops below 4.0. The amp draw reading averages around 26.

Is this ok?

Yes, you are fine. The mod uses a series battery connection configuration. In this configuration, voltage supplied by the batteries is voltage of a single battery X Number of batteries, the Alien 220W has a voltage range of 2.8v lowest it draws the batteries down to and 4.2v at fresh charge giving a voltage supply of 5.6v (2.8v X 2 batteries) to 8.4v (4.2v X 2 batteries), just remember that Mah and CDR of the batteries in this configuration are limited the same as a single battery. The only limiting factor is the CDR of the batteries as a safety factor, at 100watts you are well in the CDR safety of the LG HD2's being they are 25amp, the Samsung 25R's you are at the upper limit of their 20amps

100watts/5.6v lowest battery supply voltage/0.9 or 90% for the mod's control board efficiency = 19.8413amps

What the mod isn't telling you as far as voltage is the battery to control board voltage which is important as shown in the above formula example, what the mod is showing is technically the worthless control board to the coils voltage signal which is irrelevant technically as the mod is controlling that voltage constantly and safely adjusting accordingly as needed. It isn't telling you either if it is activating it's Boosting Circuit which boosting takes raw amps from the batteries then converts them to volts it adds to the control board to coil voltage signal when the voltage is below what is needed from the batteries (see this mostly in single battery mods in the 60 to 80watt single battery mods), the other, opposite circuit type is the Bucking circuit which the Alien 220W does have being how high its battery to control board signal is, bucking circuits shunt all extra voltage not needed to reach certain watts into the control board itself for uses like the control board operation or completely shunts it to a voltage sink you can call it, not an electrical engineer so don't know the term it is called.

VU Sponsors