Become a Patron!

Yesss!Xcube 2 and subtanks arrived same day!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people. I am the proud new owner of a shiny silver Xcube 2, and 2 of the realest clones I have ever seen.

The clones come in a actual box marked "SUBTANK mini" with kanger on the box, a hologram number on the bottom, and inside it includes FULL instructions, with the other leaflets in colour, also the packaging inside includes FULL parts, 2 OCC coils, one RBA which I will be using, and the quality looks superb, and a spare glass tube, plus cotton and a screwdriver in the bottom half of the box.

This is the best clone I have ever seen. I would 100% be fooled by it. I am actually wondering if it IS a real one.

It does not leak. It vapes perfectly good on my brand new SMOK Xcube 2.

I am super impressed. My fiancees is still wrapped up to be opened and set up by me.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer this tank to my lemo! I wouldn't be suprised if these were factory seconds, if not they have cloned every single thing, and it vapes amazingly with NO leaks at all, wide open.

I tried the OCC coils, they worked fine, but am using my own coil 0.7 in the RBA. My fiancees also is the same copy, and she loves it. Getting used to the SMOK Xcube, the app on my phone was amazing me, seeing in real time the voltage and puff time on the phone screen.

Its also cool that you can flip the LCD 180 degrees, so for people that hold it like me with the tank nearest to you, and the fire button away, the numbers and info is not upside down. The puff counter has me impressed too, as does the soft, medium, normal, hard and highest power setting, so you can have the power come on gentle, straight there on regular, or 10% more at the beginning of the puff on the high setting.

I am in love with the mod, it will be a mod used mostly at home. I have used it up to 80 watts with an RDA, but am mostly using my subtank on it, and am super, super impressed, as is my fiancee with hers.

All I need to work out is where to get the app for it on my laptop, I am going to install windows then try find it.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I have set mine to be like a disco when I use it lol. A bit confused on the TC mode, you just choose a temp, no wattage. It then gets to that temp really quickly, and you don't get much vapour.

I haven't got the hang of TC so am a bit confused, I will be using it as a 160W mod box mainly, but the TC only allows temp adjustments, not wattage adjustments, so seems quite strange to me.

I think that is how it is meant to be, it reaches your temp then cuts out, but is a bit annoying that within 2 seconds the temp is reached, then there is no more vapour production.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One strange things with the clones, mine has dual airholes either side in black, the stainless steel has one. I looked online, and it seems some have one, some newer ones have two, so I guess mine is a newer revision.

It is exactly the same though, as her single slit air hole is larger than mine, on mine there is a hole either side on the second setting, on hers there is two the same size but next to each other, then the smallest airflow is single, on mine it is from both sides but much smaller, so airflow seems the same. Included the new version of the RBA in both though, and the both are great.

I did just compare it to my lemo, and the subtank did have more flavour. The subtank has a thinner drip tip though, I will compare tomorrow with a thin tip in my lemo.

But for less than the price of one subtank, I got 2 that work perfectly, they are 1:1 clones, or they must be seconds, that is the quality of them. No leaking, great with no dry hits, I love it! Using it at around 25 watts at the moment at 0.6 build.

The OCC coils actually worked at the correct ohm rating too, which was a surprise.

I think I got temp control down now. 260C and it hits the limit, but does still output a small amount of vapour, then drops a few degrees and back up again. 260 seems a nice area, with nice clouds, I don't want to go higher incase it breaks the 30 gauge, as that already happened once and I can't be bothered to do my third TC build tonight.

I might have some higher wattage fun later, I am still getting used to the menu though, it is quite in depth, I like that though. I've even changed the colours of the lights on the firing bar so they go like a disco when I take a pull lol.

Installing windows is a biatch though, It keeps saying insert a windows disc, I know it burned correctly and is the right format (.ISO) so am stumped. I work on computers so know my way around, but I have not been able to put it on my mac yet due to bootcamp being a biatch.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I got up to 750 puffs on VTC4's. They still was not dead. I thought best change it. I don't usually vape anywhere near this level, but wanted to test it out today fully.

Currently I have another set of known genuine VTC4's in there, my samsungs were in my Sig 150.

I am happy now with a large enough collection.

I hope using them in rotation prolongs their lives as long as possible. I do have favourites though that I use more, such as the D2 and sig 150, and also the SMOK is a favourite now. The high power ones I will keep for at home, all my single battery mods are my take out vapes, or "ADV's".

All that I am buying this weekend is a 4 bay nitecore charger as I have 4 more 25R's (green) on the way.
One set to marry, the other 2 for my single battery mods.

From now on its just toppers I will be getting for a good few months, and concentrates for DIY. And batteries. I need a few more as my Convoy s2+ with cree XM-L2 emitter runs on 18650's too. I have never seen a torch so bright lol.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so I take it your 260 would be 500 F I think, but something doesn't sound right if your not getting any vape, I get nice clouds out of a 6 wrap 28g single coil with no issues. What is your specs on your temp builds. You got the cube man lets vape some temp control with it!!!!

I wonder if getting the software installed will give you some options to tweak your issue...hmmm I'm not familiar with any of the new software but don't they have an app for it or is that just android.

Don't feel bad though I wan't to throw this pc out my fricken window today biggest heap of shite since windows 10 and it was still a pos with windows 8 or 7 or vista or xp or 98 se or 95 :)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read in another thread that you need to change the coefficient setting. Apparently it was also talked about on you tube review(s).

Edit I'm searching for more info. If I find it, I'll post it here

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a blurb from a review I just read:

"Important Tip!

Changing the temperature coefficient:

The temperature coefficient is automatically set at 0, so you will need to change this depending on what type of wire you are using in your RDA or atomizer.

If you are using Ni200 (nickel) then the temperature coefficient is around 0.006 so the slider needs to be changed to this setting. If you leave the temperature coefficient as it is, the device won’t work correctly in temperature control mode; at least it didn’t for me.

If you are using Titanium wire, then the temperature coefficient is 0.0038, so slide the slider up to this setting.

When you select your vape in temperature control mode it will actually give you the temperature coefficient on the device, but unfortunately it doesn’t change it automatically to match the coil you are using despite selecting either nickel or titanium. It then has to be done on the app, which is a bit of a pain.

That was the only thing I used the app for and everyone will need to do this if they want the temp control to work properly. Please make sure you have a phone or tablet that has the required operating system!"

Here's the link to the review:
http://vaping360.com/smok-x-cube-ii-review/

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Steve

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hang on, I am trying my hardest to install windows on my mac, but I already have the phone app? Can I do firmware updates that way?

Also, anyone who wants a link to these subtank clones just PM me, they are fantastic. Honestly, if you sold it to me I would not even check online its authenticity, it is that convincing, and actually WORKS so good, I can not believe it is not genuine. The only thing is, mine had a twisted O ring, twisted back into place was fine, same with Cheyennes.

Is there a possibility they are actually seconds? I will provide a pic later, hers is the older style with 1 airflow hole that is larger, mine has two either side like the newest ones, but they all come with the same parts, such as the new RBA. Even the bag holding the cotton is marked kangertech.

Full colour instruction manual, all slips you would get with a genuine Item, I am seriously wondering if they are seconds. If they are not seconds, they might as well be REAL, its not shiny-itis, but it is honestly now my favourite tank. Holds more juice, I have not got one dry hit, its super simple to wick (even easier to get right than my lemo, the lemo is easy, but this was even easier, same techinique, but as the juice holes are on the side of the tank packing the cotton in was so simple , and will get juice in no matter what).

Seriously, I got 2 subtanks that you could not tell the diffference in looks or performance, from China, that included ALL spares, even a spare glass tube! The packaging also looks so genuine, I am super impressed.

I am using it paired with my new Xcube 2. This thing is great. I was trying to run the batteries down yesterday, Using 'VTC'4s' (I am not sure of these authenticity, but I was using 30 watts max)

After 750 puffs throughout the day, and the device would still fire an RDA at 80 watts, I thought best change them out now, to some known genuine VTC4's. I am waiting for some 25Rs to come as well.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a blurb from a review I just read:

"Important Tip!

Changing the temperature coefficient:

The temperature coefficient is automatically set at 0, so you will need to change this depending on what type of wire you are using in your RDA or atomizer.

If you are using Ni200 (nickel) then the temperature coefficient is around 0.006 so the slider needs to be changed to this setting. If you leave the temperature coefficient as it is, the device won’t work correctly in temperature control mode; at least it didn’t for me.

If you are using Titanium wire, then the temperature coefficient is 0.0038, so slide the slider up to this setting.

When you select your vape in temperature control mode it will actually give you the temperature coefficient on the device, but unfortunately it doesn’t change it automatically to match the coil you are using despite selecting either nickel or titanium. It then has to be done on the app, which is a bit of a pain.

That was the only thing I used the app for and everyone will need to do this if they want the temp control to work properly. Please make sure you have a phone or tablet that has the required operating system!"

Here's the link to the review:
http://vaping360.com/smok-x-cube-ii-review/

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Steve
Steve, your a legend! I did come across this in the settings, but thought oh god leave that well alone, but I will use that feature now with the guide.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, 260 degrees Celscius gives me a nice amount of vapour, but it reaches the temperature VERY quickly, even on soft.

So within about 2 seconds the temp is reached, and it starts pulsing on/off kind of, as the temp drops and comes back up. 260 C gives me big clouds, it was at around 220C I was getting hardly any vapour, and thats because it was reaching the temperature in like a second.

There is a lot of bells and whistles on this though, like I have rotated the OLED 180 degrees so people who hold it with the fire button forwards like me, the numbers are the right way up, and that way, if your eyes are good enough, you can see on screen in real time puff time in seconds and milliseconds, puff counter, wattage, and all other information on the screen.

You cant do that standard way round, as the screen is under your chin lol. Flipped 180 degrees it is viewable and not upside down.

This also switches the + and - buttons, so left is still down and right is still up, and the button controls work the same, like hold the fire button and left button to change between memory mode, watt mode, and temp mode, so either way you have the screen it is still always the left button plus fire to change, they switched the buttons round for everything, which I think is great.Like it is left from your side, you do not have to turn the device as they have swapped the buttons, just a nice little touch.

In fact, I would say even without the adjustable wattage, this is the only mod I am actually ENJOYING temp control on. My SIg75 and D2 just get used with kanthal.

Tech wise, this is my favourite. I really hope it has a solid on board chip, as this is one mod I want working for a good long time.

If I could only have 2 mods, it would be this and the D2, if it was 3 I would add a sig 150.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors