VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have searched, I have bought, and I have tried to find a reliable replacement for Yellow Cake (due to black coils).

Does anyone have any insight into this issue of mine? I'm not too concerned if its a 1:1 or 100% copy of yellow cake, just something with as similar tastes without the coil gunking.

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have searched, I have bought, and I have tried to find a reliable replacement for Yellow Cake (due to black coils).

Does anyone have any insight into this issue of mine? I'm not too concerned if its a 1:1 or 100% copy of yellow cake, just something with as similar tastes without the coil gunking.

Not even a clue how to help, but all I could picture was a lead colored 30ml bottle, with the Yellow Cake name in fancy scrawl, made by a juice maker in Chernobyl. I know. It's sad. But that's what I thought.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No, no.... I meant the photo. Looks like Pandoro Cake. Although, FA Pandoro is an option, but has custard notes.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Nonna Cake is NOT a good substitute. Going to be trying Capella's Cake Batter today.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't found a replacement yet out of the ones I've tried below.

FA Pandoro
VZ-SC Vanilla Sponge Cake
FW Cake Batter Dip
CAP Cake Batter
FA Nonna's Cake
DIYFS Birthday Cake
DIYFS Pound Cake

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ask this in another thread lol. I really dont want FW flavorings for a couple reasons and looking for an alternative. Bums me out noona wont sub. Bronuts is one I am buying flavors for as we speak and it calls for 1%. Any ideas?

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nonna Cake is NOT a good substitute. Going to be trying Capella's Cake Batter today.
The capella vanilla cupcake is just a touch better. At least to my taste. I also like VZ vanilla spongecake.
It might be a tough one to replace since one of its ingredients is fructose. 20-30%.

DiamondsAndPearls

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Inawera lemon Cake is a decent concentrate and I get a slight hint of yellow cake in the finished flavour, but overall a much better flavour than yellow cake for my tastes, as the vanilla doesn't overpower the vape with the lemon cake like the yellow cake does

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Inawera lemon Cake is a decent concentrate and I get a slight hint of yellow cake in the finished flavour, but overall a much better flavour than yellow cake for my tastes, as the vanilla doesn't overpower the vape with the lemon cake like the yellow cake does

The problem is that Lemon Cake brings to much Lemon to the party in most recipes that are using Yellow Cake.
It is a good flavor but that Lemon just doesn't fit in well with them.
Vanilla is a more neutral flavor that works better for non-citrus type cake mixes.
But I really don't think that the Yellow Cake is all that great anyway, never did.
Nobody has really came out with a great "Cake only" flavor yet IMO.

The capella vanilla cupcake is just a touch better. At least to my taste. I also like VZ vanilla spongecake.
It might be a tough one to replace since one of its ingredients is fructose. 20-30%.

Sounds like good subs to me, and the end results may taste better than the Yellow Cake anyway.
So many of the recipes we try to create are trying to be like the things we eat, or can't eat.
And most are made with sugar, salt, milk, etc., and are probably the things we're craving most and just can't replicate properly.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm testing Flavorah's Cupcake Batter. Mixed it at 3%. We could have a winner here. Tastes sort of like FW's yellow cake but sweeter. A soft texture just like eating the stuff. I've vaped 5ml and so far, no gunking.

tVd65ma.jpg)

tVd65ma.jpg)
tVd65ma.jpg

Last edited:

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm testing Flavorah's Cupcake Batter. Mixed it at 3%. We could have a winner here. Tastes sort of like FW's yellow cake but sweeter. A soft texture just like eating the stuff. I've vaped 5ml and so far, no gunking.
tVd65ma.jpg)

tVd65ma.jpg)
tVd65ma.jpg
may I ask where you ordered from?

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
It hasn't been released yet, but you could ask the owner. The way this tastes it won't be held much longer.

http://store.flavorah.com/
Well I sent a few emails their way and never heard anything back, guess I'll just keep using Yellow Cake and cleaning my coils every 4 days until this is released :( Wouldn't want to sell a small amount would you?

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

2naphish

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

i just made a complex mix with the Inawera Lemon Cake this afternoon. even though the recipes author suggested a minimum 2 week steep i can't stop vaping it. Lemon Cake rocks.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i just made a complex mix with the Inawera Lemon Cake this afternoon. even though the recipes author suggested a minimum 2 week steep i can't stop vaping it. Lemon Cake rocks.

Stand alone at 3%, (I only gave it a couple days and it was great)

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@CJ It would be my pleasure to send you a sample, no charge. Looks like you have some on the way thanks to Artemis. :) I hope you enjoy the CC Batter.

2naphish

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Stand alone at 3%, (I only gave it a couple days and it was great)
here's my first venture with Lemon Cake.
Butterscotch (FW)
2%
Caramel (FA)
0.5%
French Vanilla Creme (TPA)
1.5%
Graham Cracker (TPA)
2.5%
Lemon Cake (INAWERA)
1.5%
Marshmallow (TPA)
1.5%
Vanilla Cupcake (FW)
3%
Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP)
3%

this is a slight variation of DIYORDIE's 3c's caramel cream cake.i'm about to mix the Lemon cake and a little cupcake to see if i can't come up with something to fill the gap for the next 2 weeks or i'll never know what the Caramel cake tastes like steeped:)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
this is a slight variation of DIYORDIE's 3c's caramel cream cake

I tried that one also but it really didn't "hit the spot" so to speak.
FA Caramel isn't the best as it's not quite sweet enough for me.
And the newer FW Natural Butterscotch is better than the old FW BS IMO.
Never tried the FW Vanilla Cupcake tho.

Looks to be an interesting variation with the Lemon Cake added.
It's probably going to be better as the original seemed to be lacking something.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of "Grandma", and her "game changing" cake. :)

Taste is subjective but I would deffo agree with you. When I first tried it standalone i thought it was promising for lots of bakery uses. i have found it horrible in all these recipes @ 3% and above I have tried and my own mixes, it doesnt work as a cake AT ALL for me. Strange HIC first used it in that pineapple whippy recipe, at the time I thought what a weird use....the guy is a bit of a genius though. Nonna cake is really good for me 1% or lower to add in cream/custard bases to recipes to give them something a totally different profile so I do like it. As a bakery or cake concentrate though Nonnas cake is to me the joy beer concentrate many seem to get that thankfully I dont

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nonna cake is really good for me 1% or lower to add in cream/custard bases to recipes to give them something a totally different profile

Yup, this is what I've discovered myself also.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
nonna and the cupcake.. gee...
but let me look at mine :p @CJ.. pm me on fb.. :)

Reactions: CJ

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I mixed a 30ml with Cupcake Batter instead of Yellow Cake, first impressions were quite delicious and as close to Yellow Cake as I've been able to find thus far. I will report back once I have steeped it my usual amount (7 days).

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I mixed a 30ml with Cupcake Batter instead of Yellow Cake, first impressions were quite delicious and as close to Yellow Cake as I've been able to find thus far. I will report back once I have steeped it my usual amount (7 days).

of the flavoring I sent to you, CJ?

i surely hope not... please tell me not...

Reactions: CJ

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've read that Jungle Flavors Yellow Cake is about the closest substitute so far. I haven't tried the JF yet but FLV Cupcake Batter is really good. I like it way better but it's no sub for Yellow Cake. It's different.

Seriously, screw FW.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jungle Flavors yellow cake is pretty darn good! No sugar like FW, and actually tastes like cake. I've only vaped it as a 5% standalone so far, but it definitely has mix potential. I have Caps new yellow cake coming Monday, will keep us apprised...;)

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just saw a Capella Yellow Cake :)

I was excited about that too, until I noticed it wasn't listed on their site as baddie free. Contacting them confirmed it.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of looking for a FW substitute for me :(

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was excited about that too, until I noticed it wasn't listed on their site as baddie free. Contacting them confirmed it.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of looking for a FW substitute for me :(
You think the CAP version is as bad as 30% fructose because it's not 100% D/AP free?!

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You think the CAP version is as bad as 30% fructose because it's not 100% D/AP free?!

No. I'm stating that as somebody who personally tends to steer away from both, and who already gave up using FW YC a while back anyway, Cap's new version didn't offer me the alternative I've been looking/hoping for.

If i wanted a sub that had baddies in it I've already found FLV's cupcake batter to be a great one.

Last edited:

vaporhaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Capella's Yellow Cake imho is better than Jungle Flavors. If you combine both of them together, it works very well. CAP/JF 2:1 ratio

As far as the "bad ingredients" I cannot give any input on this.

They definitely do not gunk coils at the rate FW Yellow Cake does.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Good news for Yellow Cake flavor alternatives; I got a sample of the Perilium (sp?) from Nicotine River of Yellow Cake. Smells identical but haven't tested yet, taste from bottle on finger is identical to FW yet not dark, slightly amber almost clear.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good news for Yellow Cake flavor alternatives; I got a sample of the Perilium (sp?) from Nicotine River of Yellow Cake. Smells identical but haven't tested yet, taste from bottle on finger is identical to FW yet not dark, slightly amber almost clear.
Keep us posted :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Caps is fine, but not good straight out of the gate. Like most Capellas, it needs a week or two to actually taste like what it should. Jungle Flavors is good from the get go.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have biscuit too, but haven't used it yet. Hopefully tomorrow is a "me day" and I can give it a whirl...lol! The boysenberry is pretty awesome, I'd put it against Flavorah any day. Also have JF sweet strawberry and ry4 double to test.

VU Sponsors