Become a Patron!

XTAR PB2S Review

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
The XTAR PB2S arrived with the charger, a charging cable, a converter and 2 18650 batteries.
20191011_214704.jpg

The one I received is bright yellow. I'll have a hard time losing it. This charger serves dual purpose in that it's not only a charger but also a power bank. It can charge 18650 and 70100 and additional batteries. When charging the batteries you can press the button on the side to check the charging status on each individual battery. The battery door is held closed with magnets preventing it from opening accidentally. There's a ribbon in the battery compartment to make it easier to remove the batteries.

It has QC3.0 and PD3.0 fast charging. It can fit two batteries at a time and once you've charged your batteries you can either use them in another device or use them to charge another device. I can charge my android S9 twice or charge my Fire 8 tablet 1 1/2 times on a full charge.

It has 2 output ports. One is type c and the other is a usb port. It came with a usb and c port cable but I had to change it out for one I had. I also use a cable with usb port and micro usb to charge my tablet. With a cable that has a c port on both ends (not provided) I can charge my phone and tablet at the same time.

Using a cable with a usb port and a type c port I can charge the batteries in the PB2S quickly. Then I flip the cord and charge my phone.

chargerports.jpg

This charger has a nice clear led screen that shows the progress of the charger. Pressing the button on the side allows you to check each battery. When charging an external device you can check the power level left in your batteries. This is the only charger/power bank I've ever used and I'm impressed by it.

The charger automatically detects the output depending on what you are charging. It has an automatic shut off feature so you can't overcharge your device. It also automatically shuts off when you are charging the batteries. A very helpful feature indeed.

Overall I was impressed with the PB2S. Its quick and efficient and has become my go to battery charger and power bank. Thank you @Shenzhen XTAR for giving me the chance to test the PB2S!

Specifications:
Input: QC3.0 & PD3.0 (5V-@A/9V - 2A/12V-1.5A)
Constant Current: 2Ax2/2Ax1/1Ax2
USB Output: QC3.0 & PD3.0 (5V - 2A/9V-2A/12v-1.5A)
Can take 3.6/3.7V Li-ion/IMR/INR/ICR unprotected 18650/18700/20700/21700 and protected 18650 batteries.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors