Become a Patron!

(WTB) Billet Box hybrid drip tip

gpjoe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Long shot, and maybe should go in the Accessories forum, but...

Anyone got an extra hybrid (threaded) Billet Box drip tip that will work with an SXK BB clone?

Looking for a wide stainless steel tip but will consider others - but no brass. I know I can buy one from various makers like Ohman or JMK - but not sure about the fit on my clone BB. I have the 70w SXK version 4B.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
The JMK ones will definitely fit and I believe they're the only ones that do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gpjoe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Cool. Might go that route - thanks :)

Are there any others you guys know will fit?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Jmoney has had billets longer than I but I'm pretty sure the threading on the other market tips is different. Hard to spend that much on a tip for hope that it will fit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Jmoney has had billets longer than I but I'm pretty sure the threading on the other market tips is different. Hard to spend that much on a tip for hope that it will fit.

The only real hope for a hybrid DT is JMK unfortunately. So stainless and brass are the only material choices and I think there are five different shapes to choose from.

The other route is to get a Billet Key from Nolli Designs. It's a 510 tip that has fins that fit in the notches of the 510 nut, ergo turning it into a hybrid tip. They also sell matching buttons for them.

gpjoe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Thanks y'all.

I'll leave this open in case someone has one, but will probably just order a JMK.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hmm, I'm missing something here. I'm not grasping how the threading on the JMK tips, that work on authentic BBs, can also work on clones which are known to have different threading/pitch. :huh:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Hmm, I'm missing something here. I'm not grasping how the threading on the JMK tips, that work on authentic BBs, can also work on clones which are known to have different threading/pitch. :huh:
I thought that was weird too. I don't know how but it definitely works... I've had an authentic and SXK clones and can vouch for it.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
I can vouch as well for jmk on clones. Somehow it works. That's on a rev4 70. Jmk button and tip
d0ce9ee651a493b35583a57fd5da9b1a.jpg

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can vouch as well for jmk on clones. Somehow it works. That's on a rev4 70. Jmk button and tip
d0ce9ee651a493b35583a57fd5da9b1a.jpg

Thanks, that looks sweet right there!

My dober just started acting up ... kicks itself all the way up to 60 watts on it's own. :mad: Looks like I'm gonna have to open her up ... :eek:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Thanks, that looks sweet right there!

My dober just started acting up ... kicks itself all the way up to 60 watts on it's own. :mad: Looks like I'm gonna have to open her up ... :eek:
Had a black do the same. Thought maybe button board so replaced it. Wasn't the issue. Needs a new board but I don't feel like buying it

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Had a black do the same. Thought maybe button board so replaced it. Wasn't the issue. Needs a new board but I don't feel like buying it

That is not what I wanted to hear! :cuss2:

lol, just kidding, appreciate the info even if it's not the best news ... it might end up saving me some time messing around with it.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
That is not what I wanted to hear! :cuss2:

lol, just kidding, appreciate the info even if it's not the best news ... it might end up saving me some time messing around with it.
If you take it apart and the buttons are stick clicky then it's probably the main board unfortunately

VU Sponsors