Wotofo Serpent Mini Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wotofo Serpent Mini Review
da08d5d3dce072e82f21feb122f43685.jpg

Bought this tank during a Black Friday sale for under $20. Packaging was typical with all the requisite goodies. Spare glass, grub screws, o rings in three colors, tri tool, twisted wire, and cotton were all included. On the packaging Wotofo encourages you to join SAFTA or CASSA with their websites listed. They also say they are a proud member of SeviaUSA. It’s a nice touch and really encouraging to see the corporations getting involved.
2dfb6a3c68c4a1066f22e6fb06b21dc5.jpg

This tank breaks down into five pieces. The drip tip, top cap, shaft/barrel section, glass and build deck. The threading is really smooth for the price point. The barrel section tapers down towards the top so I guess you could say it has a slightly conical design. The shaft section between the barrel and top cap is extremely short and I am sure this contributes to the awesome flavor of this tank. The drip tip is nice and comfortable for a SS one but personally I would have rather it been Delrin. The top cap goes on and off easily and smoothly. The fill ports are about as large as they can be for a tank of this size and you should have no problem filling this tank with any type of bottle.
1324b329c92e6aaf16df2ea2dd08b721.jpg

The deck is single coil as well as beautiful and simple with bottom airflow. A really easy deck to build and wick. It has offset opposed posts. No problem putting in a 3mm clapton at all. All though I would bend my leads so the flat part of the clapton faces the grub screws. It just makes the wire much easier to trap. When I wick a tank with this type of deck I like to cut cotton in the shape of a point so that the pointy end of the cotton is the part that hangs down the deck the furthest. For me this is the foolproof way to wick this kind of deck. I wish Wotofo would have followed the lead of Augvape and Cthulhu and include an airflow reduction pin. It just makes sense to give people options like that especially on a single coil tank. The tank has no juice flow control but to be honest you really don’t need it. I have had this tank for two weeks and she has never leaked on me once.
0e511bcc8d64d64a2c30f2996fb295a3.jpg

9a6a9fd917c938fa33fa282430395b72.jpg

The only cons I have is the juice capacity and airflow adjustment. It only holds 3mls of juice and while that may not be a con for some people it is for me. However, I will gladly put up with the 3ml capacity because it's well worth the flavor this tank produces. The other con would be trying to adjust the airflow while the tank is on a mod. There is just nothing there to grab. I find myself sliding my fingernail into the AFC just to adjust it. Would have been great if they provided a little knurling.

This tank has tons of flavor. I have vaped juices I know very well in this tank and I’m here to say that the flavor is on point. The clouds are pretty nice for a single coil tank as well. Right now I have a SS Clapton ohming out at .59, 40 watts in TC mode at 480F and the vape is just fantastic. Just beautiful, flavorful clouds of Strawberry Custard. So far out of all the single coilers I own this tank is my favorite. It's’ definitely not for the die hard MTLers but you can MTL it if you shut the AFC all the way down and use a MTL drip trip. This tank is more for the vaper that likes a restrictive flavorful DL hit. All in all a great little tank. This tank is DeucesJack approved.

On Different Mods:
e52c7572c8f88adeb3dc230f9657f9d9.jpg
5dad38150388a50dce67624a74f566e3.jpg
a5aa1b59a35316c07115ddab859faaa8.jpg
0154db170ae56a469c775216b6889003.jpg
dbd950bcdc4dfa178e0b22a1f73a2da9.jpg
475d6fbe47d59304a31f3c62b9ab1b48.jpg

I love the way this tank looks on almost every mod. It just looks like it belongs there especially on the flask.

Pros:

Well designed
Machining
Easy wicking and building
Simple deck
Bottom air flow
Flavor

Cons:

2ml capacity
Adjustability of the AFC

Specs:

22mm Diameter
Single coil Build Deck
Leads lay down to Slots
2mm Diameter Terminals
Side Tension Applied
PEEK Insulator made in Germany
Single 4mm Internal Bottom Airflow
Dual Adjustable Airflow
Single 1.5mm by 10mm Per Side
Can Throttle Up and Down
Build Deck Can Be Accessed Without Draining Tank
Top Fill System
3ml Tank Capacity
Dual Wide Fill Port
5mm Bore Drip Tip in hollow design
Gold Plated 510 Connection

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was wondering why you were so late to the party... we've got a massive thread running for nine or ten months. o_O

Oops... that's on ECF. :p

Glad you like it, enjoying the sinister left hand roll?
Everything WoToFo does is lefty... don't know why. ;)

eta: Dude... you're hell on your mods.
Is your VT's blue sleeve peeling? One of my blacks is badly orange peeled, but the others and the blue are holding up fine.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was wondering why you were so late to the party... we've got a massive thread running for nine or ten months. o_O

Oops... that's on ECF.

Glad you like it, enjoying the sinister left hand roll?
Everything WoToFo does is lefty... don't know why. ;)

eta: Dude... you're hell on your mods.
Is your VT's blue sleeve peeling? One of my blacks is badly orange peeled, but the others and the blue are holding up fine.
Lol, yeah I've been done with Ecf for quit some time now. Yeah my mods go through real life testing. I'm a bartender so they get a lot of movement every night. You should see my black Slice. It looks like a garden tool. All in all I'm really loving this Lil tank. Flavor machine for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
9514fea7db2f914042fc1e3d0793b2cb.jpg

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a tasty bit of kit.

An oddity is the open-top of the tie-down channels.
Not such an issue with Claptons or any other fat conductor, but it can be a pain with the skinny stuff.

Trapping the wire against the "floor" of the channel is one option, works well.

Another is to wrap "righty" but invert the coil, having the legs come down like an A-frame roof.
They contact the outer edge at a downward angle, crossing more or less right in front of the screw.

And keep those legs cropped close... there's precious little gap to the chamber bell. ;)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It is a tasty bit of kit.

An oddity is the open-top of the tie-down channels.
Not such an issue with Claptons or any other fat conductor, but it can be a pain with the skinny stuff.

Trapping the wire against the "floor" of the channel is one option, works well.

Another is to wrap "righty" but invert the coil, having the legs come down like an A-frame roof.
They contact the outer edge at a downward angle, crossing more or less right in front of the screw.

And keep those legs cropped close... there's precious little gap to the chamber bell. ;)
Yeah I'm waiting for one of these tank manufacturers to come up with an inverted spring loaded Goon style deck. That would make life much easier.

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good write up, well written.....and timely. Just got a mini in today, gonna go set it up.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for your review, and on mod modeling DJ. Glad I picked a couple up from VB DoD, when they had them for ~$14 a while back.
Have ya considered the 25mm version?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for your review, and on mod modeling DJ. Glad I picked a couple up from VB DoD, when they had them for ~$14 a while back.
Have ya considered the 25mm version?
Thanks man, yeah I got a few one lungers on the way. The 25 is one of them but its on a slow boat from China. Lol. This new one from Wotofo has really caught my eye. Loving that airflow post in the middle.

http://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-serpent-alto-rta-atomizer.html

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man, yeah I got a few one lungers on the way. The 25 is one of them but its on a slow boat from China. Lol. This new one from Wotofo has really caught my eye. Loving that airflow post in the middle.

http://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-serpent-alto-rta-atomizer.html

Not in the market right now (too damn much kit as it is) but that does look interesting.

I've always wished my Lil' Serpents had a JFC, but I guess W-T-F has no interest in designing around the difficulties they introduce. Doesn't look like they're going to change tacks now.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not in the market right now (too damn much kit as it is) but that does look interesting.

I've always wished my Lil' Serpents had a JFC, but I guess W-T-F has no interest in designing around the difficulties they introduce. Doesn't look like they're going to change tacks now.
Yeah, but this is one of the few tanks I have that doesn't have a jfc and to be honest I don't think it needs it. I wasn't a big fan of that twist top jfc on the original Serpent. That Alto though, she looks like a winner with that bottom and side airflow. Kind of like the Ammit but with a Wotofo twist. It'll be interesting to comapre that one against the Ammit.

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, but this is one of the few tanks I have that doesn't have a jfc and to be honest I don't think it needs it. I wasn't a big fan of that twist top jfc on the original Serpent.

Should have checked the design of the original Serpent before I posted that I guess, the Mini was my first WTF tank. :oops:

For me... the Lil' ones have one of the hardest AFCs to close for top-filling. I love the ease of the Merlin and my Bachelors and just miss that when I refill the Serpents (like I just did three minutes ago). And I'm playing with less wicking to get a tad more wattage/temp range and that's making an accurate JFC a serious asset. Can't just pack it in and let it flow. :p

The AFC rings aren't tight... just super smooth and usually slick with VG condensation. :mad:
(I usually use a thumbnail in the slot to turn them)

Doesn't help that I've got one on a Pico, and that batt cap makes getting a grip even harder.

:D

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Should have checked the design of the original Serpent before I posted that I guess, the Mini was my first WTF tank. :oops:

For me... the Lil' ones have one of the hardest AFCs to close for top-filling. I love the ease of the Merlin and my Bachelors and just miss that when I refill the Serpents (like I just did three minutes ago). And I'm playing with less wicking to get a tad more wattage/temp range and that's making an accurate JFC a serious asset. Can't just pack it in and let it flow.

The AFC rings aren't tight... just super smooth and usually slick with VG condensation. :mad:
(I usually use a thumbnail in the slot to turn them)

:D
Yeah the should have knurled the the bottom of this tank so you could grip the jfc. I want the original Bachelor but everyone says it leaks. I saw Big Lou throw a single coil in the Conqueror Mini. He says it vapes fantastic.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what's the difference between the mini and full size version? I'm leaning torwards the mini only because my vs133 on the way looks best with up to a 23mm rda or tank.

audaces fortuna iuvat

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
what's the difference between the mini and full size version? I'm leaning torwards the mini only because my vs133 on the way looks best with up to a 23mm rda or tank.

audaces fortuna iuvat
Original Serpent - 22mm
Serpent Mini - 22mm
Serpent 25 - 25mm

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

audaces fortuna iuvat

The original has a fairly normal center bottom airflow two post single coil deck.
And larger capacity as well as the aforementioned JFC. ;)

And it's ugly (IMO). :D

Here ya go...
http://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-serpent-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer.html

eta: I'm not seeing a JFC mentioned on that page. Did I grab the wrong one?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The original has a fairly normal center bottom airflow two post single coil deck.

Here ya go...

lmfao! I literally closed the page before it finished loading yeah that original is fuging uggggggggly! yup mini is what I want.

audaces fortuna iuvat

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Here ya go...

The original vapes like a champ. Its real downfall is the glass is not removable so if you're a dumb ass and break it like I did the tank becomes useless.

Here's a quick little review I did on the original
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/291690/

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lmfao! I literally closed the page before it finished loading yeah that original is fuging uggggggggly! yup mini is what I want.

It's generally subjective and personal taste, but...

I'm not drawn to the looks of large, tall, thin tanks. Like a big ol' torpedo.
Nor do I care for metal sleeves. I don't drop my mods (often) or need the protection when hauling them to the office or job site.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The original vapes like a champ. Its real downfall is the glass is not removable so if you're a dumb ass and break it like I did the tank becomes useless.

Well that's disappointing... and a little disconcerting. :rolleyes:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well that's disappointing... and a little disconcerting. :rolleyes:
I liked the look of the original. I figured with that much metal showing I'd never break that glass. Wrong!!! Had that fucking thing for 10 days and the glass broke. Lmfao.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I liked the look of the original. I figured with that much metal showing I'd never break that glass. Wrong!!! Had that fucking thing for 10 days and the glass broke. Lmfao.

I'm sure your vocation has caused it's fair share of premature gear demises.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sure your vocation has caused it's fair share of premature gear demises.
Lol, yes it has.

My all time favorite DT. Absolutely love it on the Serpent Mini.

ad472ebb1c4467ff946841efb1d95518.jpg

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, yes it has.

My all time favorite DT. Absolutely love it on the Serpent Mini.

ad472ebb1c4467ff946841efb1d95518.jpg

Thanks to your post, I just now reached over and grabbed a glass fatty and popped it on a Lil' Guy.
I have a few in both acrylic and glass, but pretty much never use them (despite their comfort).

Took just one draw for it to fog up completely. I'll keep going, but in another half dozen, the condensation droplets will start appearing and it'll become aesthetically untenable. :D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks to your post, I just now reached over and grabbed a glass fatty and popped it on a Lil' Guy.
I have a few in both acrylic and glass, but pretty much never use them (despite their comfort).

Took just one draw for it to fog up completely. I'll keep going, but in another half dozen, the condensation droplets will start appearing and it'll become aesthetically untenable. :D
Lol, no OCD here that shit don't bother me.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
eta: I've left it on (for now) because it's very matchy matchy with this tank and mod.

It's a medium OD, with SS base sitting on my SS Lil' Serpent on my White w/Silver trim Pico.

It's also got an AFC in the SS base but while I have a few with that, I've never played with them much. I don't generally vape quite hot enough to heat my lips and I don't want to dilute my vapor any more than I need to.

Can't recall where I got this one or I'd post a pic/link. I thought it was FT but I just checked.
Maybe it came with an old SMOK tank... TCT maybe.

Yup... there it is...

https://www.elementvape.com/smok-tct-temperature-control-sub-ohm-tank-bysmoktech

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
eta: I've left it on (for now) because it's very matchy matchy with this tank and mod.

It's a medium OD, with SS base sitting on my SS Lil' Serpent on my White w/Silver trim Pico.

It's also got an AFC in the SS base but while I have a few with that, I've never played with them much. I don't generally vape quite hot enough to heat my lips and I don't want to dilute my vapor any more than I need to.

Can't recall where I got this one or I'd post a pic/link. I thought it was FT but I just checked.
Maybe it came with an old SMOK tank... TCT maybe.

Yup... there it is...

https://www.elementvape.com/smok-tct-temperature-control-sub-ohm-tank-bysmoktech
Yeah I have few DT'S like that. Definitely mutes flavor when you open up the AFC on it.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been using the DT from the Merlin on my Serpent Mini's. I actually didn't care for them on the Merlin but they work out perfectly for me on the Mini.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is for the link Jack!
Allow me to add a pic to your collection
ea5016a552d745989157be0c6e58e2a4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Np, nice setup.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got my serpent in today and put in a standard Clapton at .70ohm...Im playing with coil height but so far that White Bone mini tank is kicking this tanks ass IMO...maybe I can make it better but its no contest so far for me..The white bone has a considerable amount more air flow allowing for more power to be used as well with it..Well see what I can find build wise to give the serpent more of a chance but in all fairness its the same coil build and ohms that I put in the White bone.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got my serpent in today and put in a standard Clapton at .70ohm...Im playing with coil height but so far that White Bone mini tank is kicking this tanks ass IMO...maybe I can make it better but its no contest so far for me..The white bone has a considerable amount more air flow allowing for more power to be used as well with it..Well see what I can find build wise to give the serpent more of a chance but in all fairness its the same coil build and ohms that I put in the White bone.
That WB Mini is a sleeper.

-William Cowper

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can I get a simple flavor build suggestion? Have a serpent Alto which should be quite similar to the mini. Simple kanthal 26 perhaps since I have that. Or any other wire I could easily get and replicate. Don't care if it's a cool or warm vape.. just want to experience what flavor is all about since I'm new to vaping.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can I get a simple flavor build suggestion? Have a serpent Alto which should be quite similar to the mini. Simple kanthal 26 perhaps since I have that. Or any other wire I could easily get and replicate. Don't care if it's a cool or warm vape.. just want to experience what flavor is all about since I'm new to vaping.

Being new to things, the easiest way to get on board with a flavor build would probably be by getting yourself some pre built Claptons or Alien coils. They're readily available all over the forum and the internet. I prefer SS but that's me.

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Being new to things, the easiest way to get on board with a flavor build would probably be by getting yourself some pre built Claptons or Alien coils. They're readily available all over the forum and the internet. I prefer SS but that's me.
I have some SS claptons 26 32 I believe. I guess I have enough for 3 coils.

I also just got 28 x 2 nichrome wrapped in 38 kanthal fused claptons.. just bought a meter of it.

Suggestions for builds with those?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have some SS claptons 26 32 I believe. I guess I have enough for 3 coils.

I also just got 28 x 2 nichrome wrapped in 38 kanthal fused claptons.. just bought a meter of it.

Suggestions for builds with those?

For flavor I find it best around .5 ohms.

-William Cowper

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For flavor I find it best around .5 ohms.

-William Cowper
Just remembered I have a .55 ohm pre made twisted clapton.. will try that out.

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh.. is it safe to take out builds to try something out then put it back in if it was better than the new one?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh.. is it safe to take out builds to try something out then put it back in if it was better than the new one?

Yep.

-William Cowper

VU Sponsors