Become a Patron!

Wotofo Serpent Alto

Vaping With Vic

Silver Contributor
Show Host
Reviewer
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
The Wotofo Serpent Alto RTA is Wotofo's foray into the minuature single coil tanks which are capable of mouth to lung and direct lung styles of vaping. At 22mm in diameter and holding 2.5ml of liquid it makes it smaller than the Troll RTA and even smaller than the Geekvape Tsunami 22mm dripper.

With dual directed airflow from the base and from the side it gives the coil a good air coverage no matter what style of vaping you choose to do with the tank. How does it perform though? Lets find out...

===Wotofo Serpent Alto===

Unboxing - 1:24
Wotofo Serpent Alto - 2:27
The Deck - 5:28
Coiling - 7:25
Wicking - 12:59
Thoughts - 21:20

BananaRoo

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, I was wondering how this would work as strictly MTL, with minimum 0.7 up to 1.8 ohm coils? Would the vapor be cool enough or on the warm side? Does it handle coils made from 28 or 30 gauge wire well? What about juice consumption? That sort of thing. Thanks!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, I was wondering how this would work as strictly MTL, with minimum 0.7 up to 1.8 ohm coils? Would the vapor be cool enough or on the warm side? Does it handle coils made from 28 or 30 gauge wire well? What about juice consumption? That sort of thing. Thanks!
imho this would be a 'loose' mtl vape not a tight one.
the holes under the coil are too large for a really good tight MTL vape.
The digiflavor Siren V2 might be your best bet for what you are describing.

BananaRoo

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
imho this would be a 'loose' mtl vape not a tight one.
the holes under the coil are too large for a really good tight MTL vape.
The digiflavor Siren V2 might be your best bet for what you are describing.
Hmm well, it's a bit too tall though and more expensive (at least where I live). I liked the Alto because it's tiny as well. Do you think the vapor would be too hot with 1.2 coil in the alto?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I build mine at about that, not too hot. I vape MTL and it can be adjusted pretty tight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BananaRoo

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I build mine at about that, not too hot. I vape MTL and it can be adjusted pretty tight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanx for the reply, I really dislike hot vapes!

One more thing, if you'd be so kind, how many ml's of juice do you go through a day approximately with this kind of coil? I don't imagine it would drink up the juice like a 0.3 and higher wattage for example? Or does it have to do with the design of the atomizer as well?

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanx for the reply, I really dislike hot vapes!

One more thing, if you'd be so kind, how many ml's of juice do you go through a day approximately with this kind of coil? I don't imagine it would drink up the juice like a 0.3 and higher wattage for example? Or does it have to do with the design of the atomizer as well?
I probably go through about 8 mls on your average day. When I'm not working, I go through quite a bit more.

The Alto is not the tank that I carry with me everywhere, but I do use it, pretty much daily. If I had my fave juice in it, I could see that I'd have to refill it quite often. My typical coil is just a simple, single coil, at above 1 ohm, usually somewhere around 1.3 to 1.5. My preference is a somewhat airy draw for MTL, so I have the airflow about halfway open on this one. As far as your coil build, you could certainly use higher resistance to keep your vape cooler, especially if using Kanthal. If using stainless steel wire, I suppose you'd have to use a higher gauge wire to, I've not use stainless much.

One thing about the AFC, though, you really can't adjust it all that easily with the tank on your mod. The AFC is pretty snug to turn, so it's a bit of a PITA, but certainly something I can get used to when I find a fave tank.

My current rotation has the Alto, a couple of Geekvape Ammit tanks (22mm), set on the lowest airflow (still pretty airy), and a 4ml Aromamizer Supreme RDTA, which can be adjusted pretty tight. I use the single coil adapter with that one. I saw in another thread that you're using a Pico. The Aromamizer is the only one I have that won't fit on my Pico.

HTH! :)

BananaRoo

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I probably go through about 8 mls on your average day. When I'm not working, I go through quite a bit more.

The Alto is not the tank that I carry with me everywhere, but I do use it, pretty much daily. If I had my fave juice in it, I could see that I'd have to refill it quite often. My typical coil is just a simple, single coil, at above 1 ohm, usually somewhere around 1.3 to 1.5. My preference is a somewhat airy draw for MTL, so I have the airflow about halfway open on this one. As far as your coil build, you could certainly use higher resistance to keep your vape cooler, especially if using Kanthal. If using stainless steel wire, I suppose you'd have to use a higher gauge wire to, I've not use stainless much.

One thing about the AFC, though, you really can't adjust it all that easily with the tank on your mod. The AFC is pretty snug to turn, so it's a bit of a PITA, but certainly something I can get used to when I find a fave tank.

My current rotation has the Alto, a couple of Geekvape Ammit tanks (22mm), set on the lowest airflow (still pretty airy), and a 4ml Aromamizer Supreme RDTA, which can be adjusted pretty tight. I use the single coil adapter with that one. I saw in another thread that you're using a Pico. The Aromamizer is the only one I have that won't fit on my Pico.

HTH! :)
That's great stuff, thanks so much for all the information! I can't afford too many tanks so I guess the Alto will have to do, since the way you're describing it it sounds good for my style of vape, and out of the ones you mentioned and some other ones suggested for MTL, I like this one the best and I find it the easiest to build on, refill etc (plus I can buy it directly from a store near me :p).

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's great stuff, thanks so much for all the information! I can't afford too many tanks so I guess the Alto will have to do, since the way you're describing it it sounds good for my style of vape, and out of the ones you mentioned and some other ones suggested for MTL, I like this one the best and I find it the easiest to build on, refill etc (plus I can buy it directly from a store near me :p).
Bonus! Same day satisfaction :) I hope you really enjoy it! It does look nice on the Pico.

VU Sponsors