Become a Patron!

Wotofo recurve rda by Mike Vapes

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ditto, I added this to the top of my shopping list. Heathen put out a short 'channel update' video today and was gushing over this thing during it as he had just received it. Mike mostly vapes single SS coils on single battery mech squonks during all the live shows he does so this doesn't surprise me at all.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just finished watching Heathen gush about this rda. That Aspire squonk looked pretty sweet too. Looked like a really good combo. Hard to tell because Heathen was waving his hands all over lol.

Haven't watched any of Mike's live shows so I had no idea he enjoyed single coil attys for his squonkers.

The airflow on that atty sounds so smooth and quiet. Definitely putting this on top of my wish list.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Aspire mod has been in the works for some time so I am glad it is finally coming out. Hopefully it performs (and does TC) well.

Haven't watched any of Mike's live shows so I had no idea he enjoyed single coil attys for his squonkers.
He doesn't have his own live show but he is on shows with Heavy Metal Vaper, Vapn Fagn and ST Vapes (and others from time to time) pretty much every week.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That Aspire mod has been in the works for some time so I am glad it is finally coming out. Hopefully it performs (and does TC) well.

He doesn't have his own live show but he is on shows with Heavy Metal Vaper, Vapn Fagn and ST Vapes (and others from time to time) pretty much every week.
I ll have to check that out.

Didn't know the aspire squonk is going to be regulated. I like it even more now. The black/blue Aspire with the recurve would be nice combo for me. Especially since I don't have a squonker yet lol.

sickbxy

Member For 4 Years
He mentioned that the device was a Limelight Gloom which is a high end ($450 + shipping) squonker put out by Limelight Mechanics. They have wood versions on their web site, have to join a Facebook group for the Gloom or stabwood versions. http://limelightmechanics.com/

The blue mod was a Signature Mods SQ24. I did not see an Aspire Squonker, maybe I missed it?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I ll have to check that out.

Didn't know the aspire squonk is going to be regulated. I like it even more now. The black/blue Aspire with the recurve would be nice combo for me. Especially since I don't have a squonker yet lol.
Sounds we're in the same boat for 1st squonk setup. I'd rather have dual battery regulated but since it won't be my ADV or OTG, a single battery might be ok. Depends on what shows up soon. I do like the Recurve deck design, and contemplating Hellvape Anglo in single mode but haven't decided if it leaks too easy.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds we're in the same boat for 1st squonk setup. I'd rather have dual battery regulated but since it won't be my ADV or OTG, a single battery might be ok. Depends on what shows up soon. I do like the Recurve deck design, and contemplating Hellvape Anglo in single mode but haven't decided if it leaks too easy.
Lol, glad I'm not the only one late to the squonk party. :cheers:

I'm kinda the same. I've been waiting for the dual battery squonk market to pick up because I would go through batteries to fast. That aspire would be hard for me to pass up though. Damn that black and blue looks good!

Haven't heard about the hellvape anglo so I'll have to check that out.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It lives up to the hype for me. The only thing I wish is that it had 2 rows of 4 holes, or 3 rows of 3, as it is far more restrictive than I am used to compared to any of my other RDA but it has great flavor and good vapor production. I am running the exact same juice I was running in my DR SQ on this mod and the flavor is significantly better than the DR SQ was. I am running it in TC with the same coil (0.25 ohm tri core fused clapton) and same mod as my Pulse 22 (and DR SQ) and I had to drop the temp 30 degrees so far and could/will probably drop it another 10. I think it will be too hot on a mech for me at 0.15 - 0.20 like I had planned due to how restrictive the airflow is so my 2nd Recurve is going on the other RSQ to replace the Pulse 22 so I can run it in TC mode. I always run all my other RDA's (Pulse 22/24, DR 24/SQ and Athena) wide open airflow so this is quite different but the flavor is outstanding.

p.s. I can get it to leak out the airflow holes with my 70vg juice if it is warm from chain vaping and I over squonk it while holding it on an angle. No issues if I keep it standing vertical when I squonk.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I am jealous. :cry:

found a code online for a 5% off “SAVING” think it was $24 after

This is gonna live on the feedlink mod...being its a rip off of the kylin mini which had excellent flavour I couldn’t resist especially with the thought of an rda without the wicking hassles of the mini

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
found a code online for a 5% off “SAVING” think it was $24 after

This is gonna live on the feedlink mod...being its a rip off of the kylin mini which had excellent flavour I couldn’t resist especially with the thought of an rda without the wicking hassles of the mini

That's a good price! Haven't seen any negatives about this rda. Looks like everyone loves it and it's selling.

Hope you enjoy it!:cheers:

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will be picking one of these up, I love that you don't have to spin the barrel around to line up the airflow holes, much like the velocity RDA, which is one of my favorite features.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I wish they would a went with a better looking shape. I am not that picky but that's a bit over the edge for me. If the performance edges out the look I've always been function first oriented. So long as it's not a pink unicorn I'd be able to shrug it off.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This thing looks really great. Know that its designed to squonk but am wondering how it would be as a regular dripper? Problematic?

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thing looks really great. Know that its designed to squonk but am wondering how it would be as a regular dripper? Problematic?
I haven't tried dripping it but I would think you would have to drip very little (to prevent spit back) and very often (to prevent dry hits) due to how small the wells/chamber are. I run mine in TC mode and squonk it every 3 or 4 pulls. If mine were on mechs I would probably squonk it every 2 pulls to make sure I didn't get a dry hit.

Branpro

Member For 4 Years
Great squonk rda for single coils, edges out my DR-SQ in performance. Way less of a juice well though, for what that counts when squonking anyway. With the limited juice well, standard dripping is hectic, for self explanatory reasons lol. Solid single coil squonk, for a decent price imo!!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Rare these days I get excited about a product but there’s so many good comments coming out for this can’t wait to try it out
:xD:

Please don’t be hype train <crosses fingers and toes>

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rare these days I get excited about a product but there’s so many good comments coming out for this can’t wait to try it out
:xD:

Please don’t be hype train <crosses fingers and toes>
What color did you order? Since your going to set it up on the new Aspire squonker I'm guessing black.

Branpro

Member For 4 Years
Like I said, I think it’s worth the 30$, for its limited purpose (single coil squonk). It owns that lane. Doesn’t remotely come close to the performance of my better rdas (Armageddon,Goon, etc). That’s comes with the price difference I suppose. As long you don’t set an unreachable expectation, you’re good lol.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
What color did you order? Since your going to set it up on the new Aspire squonker I'm guessing black.

Indeed mate ...with the red drip tip ...ordered a bunch of other drip tips in case I don’t get on with it

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Finally it arrived today ...damn it was worth the wait though haven’t enjoyed a product this much in a long time ...cant see this coming off the aspire squonker now its a perfect pairing

Plonked in a Fralien coil made especially for it 0.22ohms perfect for the feedlink

2126D3C4-F5CC-4982-B353-DE2C3777B0BE.jpeg

Also took pot luck and ordered some Augvape merlin drip tips from fastech cause I prefer a 510 ...got lucky with the matchy set up

0007626D-857F-402F-87BE-DC68A94E3ADD.jpeg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I have 2 in daily rotation on rsq's and love em. great flavor, only real con is no deck lip so they seep on my mods' 510 plates

Thanks fozzy ill check for that, hopefully i wont have to take the top cap off too often

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Didn't know this thread was here. I got the Recurve May 5th, so I've had it for 1 month today. I'm glad to see other Recurve users here, I absolutely LOVE it! I like the deck, the size, the curved barrel, the flavor, even the curved drip tips. I put both of the curved drip tips on other attys the next day, and I like them so much I wanna buy more like them. I usually close down airflow about halfway on on all of my attys, but I like the Recurve fully open. I like a slight restriction and that's how wide open feels, so I see how that could be an issue for those who like tons of air.
The Recurve hasn't left my RSQ since I got it, although that's partially because my other RDAs are easier to use as drippers. I think it would be taller than I'd like if it had a well, so the lack of one doesn't bother me. I knew it didn't have a well before I bought it, and I was fine with only squonking it. I always over squonk it to thoroughly saturate the cotton, and it takes longer to start drying out than I was expecting. It's actually made me appreciate the Dead Rabbit that much more. The well in the Dead Rabbit is soooo deep, I basically treat it like an RDTA. But I'd rather have superior flavor than the ability to hold 1 or 2 ml of e-liquid.
94c7553496623c406b205ebef2d4d9e5.jpg
80fe9b80fb9e6a992495d7f4c0d27e83.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@stanglifemike I actually thought the rda was too restrictive for me at first as I run all my other rda/rsa wide open but I got used to it quickly and don't mind it now given how great the flavor/vape is.

Thanks fozzy ill check for that, hopefully i wont have to take the top cap off too often
I didn't even notice it was happening until after 100ml when I was re-wicking to change flavors as it mostly remains under the deck though depending on your mod color you may notice it at the edge of the cap. I am a over-squonker and usually squonk every 2 or 3 pulls with the recurve, and most other attys as well.

edit: I actually was able to make my recurves leak once or twice by squonking with it on an angle while chain vaping. The warmed up deck/juice and holding it on an angle made the juice weep out the air holes so now I make it a point to hold the mod very vertical when I squonk.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
@stanglifemike I actually thought the rda was too restrictive for me at first as I run all my other rda/rsa wide open but I got used to it quickly and don't mind it now given how great the flavor/vape is.

I didn't even notice it was happening until after 100ml when I was re-wicking to change flavors as it mostly remains under the deck though depending on your mod color you may notice it at the edge of the cap. I am a over-squonker and usually squonk every 2 or 3 pulls with the recurve, and most other attys as well.

edit: I actually was able to make my recurves leak once or twice by squonking with it on an angle while chain vaping. The warmed up deck/juice and holding it on an angle made the juice weep out the air holes so now I make it a point to hold the mod very vertical when I squonk.

I’m prone to the itchy trigger finger when squonking ...once have I over squonked this so far took a puff and resquonked full squeeze ....oops haha

So far so good though it’s very forgiving like you say every 2-3 puffs and it’s good to go

Love the airflow it’s spot on for my liking off the bat , in fact I use a 510 to further tighten it up a bit

This is right up there with my favourite RDAs (which all happen to be single coil)

The feedlink has a rubber gasket on the 510 plate so juice can’t find it way into the pin area but I’ll check it now you mentioned it

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I have 5 single battery squonks in rotation right now and all are running single coil builds. The recurves are the best of the bunch for flavor. Mine are on the RSQs which have the 'waterproof' chip so I am not too worried if some juice finds it way down thru the 510 connection into the mod.

I really like the looks of the feedlink and it got pretty positive reviews, might have to grab a couple, but I am over my vape budget after the 2 new pulse 80w boxes last week (and 5 new pair of shoes this weekend for my daily 5 mile walks).

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@fozzy71 If you have a Recurve on a Pulse 80, would you post a pic of it? I was planning to buy a Pulse 80 at the vape convention last month, but no no one had it. 2 of my local shops now have it and I've almost bought one a couple times. I went with the intent to buy it a couple weeks ago, but that shop had just got the Rage squonker and I couldn't decide which to get

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@fozzy71 If you have a Recurve on a Pulse 80, would you post a pic of it? I was planning to buy a Pulse 80 at the vape convention last month, but no no one had it. 2 of my local shops now have it and I've almost bought one a couple times. I went with the intent to buy it a couple weeks ago, but that shop had just got the Rage squonker and I couldn't decide which to get

My recurves are on my rsq's, i put a pulse 22 and DR 24 on my new pulse boxes. I can throw a recurve on there real quick for a pic though I suppose:

@KingPin! here is what a RSQ looks like for me when the atty comes off after a few bottles of juice squonk'd thru it:

juicy 510 and top of mod. I go thru paper towel like it's my job over here

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah, I have 5 single battery squonks in rotation right now and all are running single coil builds. The recurves are the best of the bunch for flavor. Mine are on the RSQs which have the 'waterproof' chip so I am not too worried if some juice finds it way down thru the 510 connection into the mod.

I really like the looks of the feedlink and it got pretty positive reviews, might have to grab a couple, but I am over my vape budget after the 2 new pulse 80w boxes last week (and 5 new pair of shoes this weekend for my daily 5 mile walks).

If you like the regulated mods matey stick with them unless of course you want it for the collection ...I don’t have the RSQ or Pulse 80w so it suits my needs ...won’t be to everyone’s tastes as it’s a fet board so a coil build drives the wattage ...love its form factor and hefty weight though

Kinda hoping they’ll follow up with a dual battery version or 2x700 edition.... last I spoke with aspire they said they were working on sorting the battery cover out (it’s threaded at the moment and it’s a bit of a ballache) not sure if they’ve dropped the update or not yet

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Checked mine after reading your post and it was wet. I never remove it, so I hadn't noticed that before.
Looks good! What color Dead Rabbit is normally on top of it? Mine is black w/silver logo, I'll bet it will look good on top that. If I decide to get the Pulse, that full black carbon is the color I'll most likely get. I've never cared for resin in the past, but I like the Lava Red and Aurora Resin. Original Pulse doors are everywhere so I assume doors for the 80 will be available before long. I'd like to be able to switch door colors if I get it

Last edited:

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What other single coil rdas do you own that you can compare it to?
I might pick one of these up but don't see how it can get any better flavor wise than my either or wasp nano.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Checked mine after reading your post and it was wet. I never remove it, so I hadn't noticed that before.
Looks good! What color Dead Rabbit is normally on top? Mine is black w/silver logo, I'll bet it will look good on top. If I decide to get the Pulse, that full black carbon is the color I'll most likely get. I've never cared for resin in the past, but I like the Lava Red and Aurora Resin. Original Pulse doors are everywhere so I assume doors for the 80 will be available before long. I'd like to be able to switch door colors if I get it

Black DR 24 clone with a drip tip (dont remember which rda it came off) that seems to match the resin pretty well. I sorta wish I had got 2 resin versions instead of 1 resin one fake carbon fiber.

p.s. The recurve thankfully makes connection with the pulse 510 but my Athena and DR SQ would not make connection when I tried replacing my DR 24 clone. The DR 24 was pissing me off because of no locking barrel when trying to use the refill bottle.

What other single coil rdas do you own that you can compare it to?
I might pick one of these up but don't see how it can get any better flavor wise than my either or wasp nano.

Besides the 2 x Recurves I have a DR 24 clone, Pulse 22 and Athena in rotation right now with similar 0.15 - 0.25 ohm single coil triple or quad core SS fused claptons from AVS. I am running them all in power mode as I have gotten away from TC mode lately. I also have a DR SQ and Pulse 24 that I ran with similar single coil builds but they are not in rotation right now.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah he finally has a winner. Still to soon to say for sure, but on its way to being in my top 3.

I’d have to agree this is right up there for me as well it shares good company with the Soul S and Hadaly in my top 3

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Black DR 24 clone with a drip tip (dont remember which rda it came off) that seems to match the resin pretty well. I sorta wish I had got 2 resin versions instead of 1 resin one fake carbon fiber.

p.s. The recurve thankfully makes connection with the pulse 510 but my Athena and DR SQ would not make connection when I tried replacing my DR 24 clone. The DR 24 was pissing me off because of no locking barrel when trying to use the refill bottle.

Thanks, that looks GREAT!! The more I see certain resin colors, the more I think I want resin instead of black carbon. I think silver carbon looks ugly in the stock photos, but in person it isn't as bad. Silver Black Carbon and Seaweed Green are the only two colors I don't like.
That's odd that 2 different RDAs wouldn't work on it. Is there anything different/weird about the Pulse 80's 510 connection, or anything you can see that might interfere with certain attys and keep them from making a connection? Do you know if anyone else has had issues with attys not working? And if no one else has had issues, do you think yours could have a manufacturing defect?
You talking about the refill bottle that comes with the "High End Edition"? I don't know why VV and/or Tony decided to call it that, but I think it's dumb

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah he finally has a winner. Still to soon to say for sure, but on its way to being in my top 3.

It is a little more restrictive than I usually vape with like DRsq but the flavor and thickness of the vape does not leave me wanting more. But that would be the only thing that could keep this below the 1st spot on someone's list other than aesthetics. The curve shape is odd, I would have preferred a traditional shape with even more metal to it but it's not offensive to my eyes.

Damn nice set up matey!

Thanx, love this mod. Haven't had shinyitus since I built it, not even a stray look from behind sunglass :D

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, that looks GREAT!! The more I see certain resin colors, the more I think I want resin instead of black carbon. I think silver carbon looks ugly in the stock photos, but in person it isn't as bad. Silver Black Carbon and Seaweed Green are the only two colors I don't like.
That's odd that 2 different RDAs wouldn't work on it. Is there anything different/weird about the Pulse 80's 510 connection, or anything you can see that might interfere with certain attys and keep them from making a connection? Do you know if anyone else has had issues with attys not working? And if no one else has had issues, do you think yours could have a manufacturing defect?
You talking about the refill bottle that comes with the "High End Edition"? I don't know why VV and/or Tony decided to call it that, but I think it's dumb

I haven't investigated close but I assume the squonk pin on the athena and dr sq just don't protrude enough to make contact with the pulse 80w pin. I watched a lot of reviews (and live shows where the pulse 80w was in use) and don't recall any of them mentioning the issue but who knows how many different attys the reviewers actually try on each mod. I am a bit bummed out by it but I will probably just take a recurve off an RSQ and toss it on the pulse 80w to replace ther DR 24, then throw the DR SQ I just rebuilt on the RSQ, the next time I changing out juice in those mods. Or maybe I will just go buy another Pulse 22 in black (or maybe 2, if they have them as I don't care for the SS Pulse 22 on that carbon pulse) from a local shop today or tomorrow as I prefer that over the DR SQ (I hate the hot cheek effect when purging on the DR SQ).

VU Sponsors