Become a Patron!

Wotofo mesh coil on RDA

so I bought a whole bunch of mesh strips, wotofo, VV, and ofrf for my Kylin M.

Went through two of my VV A1 .15 Mesh coil with no problems.

I said let me give wotofo a shot and I keep getting dry hits with anything above 50 w.

Not sure what’s going on, this is my first RDA and I wicked the very same way I did my VV coils. Am I doing something wrong? No hot spots, primed and saturated very well, in fact I believe I did better wicking this time than the last attempts which had no issues.

Super confused. This coil has less surface area than the VV mesh.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I have no clue about mesh coils.
@MrMeowgi probably knows something about them and may be able to help.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With the wotofo mesh I was never able to get over 45 watts without a dry hit. The ofrf mesh is definitely better. I can get to 60watts for sure. Never tried the Vandy vape mesh though. Nthe thing is the mesh strips heat so fast and plume out clouds quick. Some people don't like mesh because it's a cooler vape than they're used to. Try to bump up the wattage and you get dry hits. But in my opinion the ofrf mesh is definitely better than the wotofo.

With the wotofo mesh I was never able to get over 45 watts without a dry hit. The ofrf mesh is definitely better. I can get to 60watts for sure. Never tried the Vandy vape mesh though. Nthe thing is the mesh strips heat so fast and plume out clouds quick. Some people don't like mesh because it's a cooler vape than they're used to. Try to bump up the wattage and you get dry hits. But in my opinion the ofrf mesh is definitely better than the wotofo.

Damn, for sure, I watched the video with Mike Vapes about which is better and he wasn’t getting dry hits at 65. Only reason I bought it and he mentioned that both[nexmesh] are nearly equal in flavor, his opinion. Got it for 4 bucks so I ain’t mad.

Strange you never used VV mesh coils, it comes with the tank.

Now second to that, the Kylin M has a rotating build deck, do you think that the build deck didn’t line up with the juice ports?

Is there a position the deck should be in when you screw it onto the tank?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've actually never used the kylin but in the profile rda and unity rta which is my favorite rta to date. May be why I never tried the vv mesh. But in my experience the ofrf mesh was better than the wotofo mesh. Sorry I can't help any further.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've actually never used the kylin but in the profile rda and unity rta which is my favorite rta to date. May be why I never tried the vv mesh. But in my experience the ofrf mesh was better than the wotofo mesh. Sorry I can't help any further.

I don't know from mesh either, but @MrMeowgi could the problem be that tails aren't thinned out enough? Thinner tails=faster wicking?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is possible. But I think it's the mesh itself. When the profile rda came out a lot of members were having issues with dry hits above 45-50 watts with the wotofo mesh. I didn't try the ofrf until I got the unity rta. And it was so much better as far as wattage. I just think the mesh heats so fast it dries out as someone is taking a longer puff to get a warmer puff. Mesh is cooler than regular round wire coils. That's usually stated anyways. I think the mesh heats so fast and builds a larger plume of vapor before it can actually reach the temp someone is used to. So they bump the wattage up and then it heats too fast for the cotton to keep up past a hit or two. That's just my take on it all if it makes sense.

I don't know from mesh either, but @MrMeowgi could the problem be that tails aren't thinned out enough? Thinner tails=faster wicking?

Got to wick it tight and fluff, I bought a 15 pack of tweezers that has every tweezer you can imagine strictly for fluffing.

I’m just confused on how the first two times I ever wicked any device I did better than the 3rd time seems pretty off set.

Plus as mentioned above wotofo has much less surface area meaning more juice, hows it dry hitting. There is less metal.

I just switched to the nexmesh SS316L. Having no issues at 60 watts. Did taste horrible the first few hits, but now that it’s broken in it’s great

It is possible. But I think it's the mesh itself. When the profile rda came out a lot of members were having issues with dry hits above 45-50 watts with the wotofo mesh. I didn't try the ofrf until I got the unity rta. And it was so much better as far as wattage. I just think the mesh heats so fast it dries out as someone is taking a longer puff to get a warmer puff. Mesh is cooler than regular round wire coils. That's usually stated anyways. I think the mesh heats so fast and builds a larger plume of vapor before it can actually reach the temp someone is used to. So they bump the wattage up and then it heats too fast for the cotton to keep up past a hit or two. That's just my take on it all if it makes sense.

I would just say man the Vandy Vape mesh was getting hammered and keeping. 60 watts chain vaping no problem superior flavor. As mentioned above that was the first coil I ever wicked, was A++. Best flavor I’ve ever gotten on the juice I use

VU Sponsors