Become a Patron!

Wondering...do you folks draw soft or hard on your vapes?

Zr0

Member For 4 Years
Ok first off: Yeah, new guy here. Played around with ecigs a few years back, didn't do it for me. Now I see these sub-ohm builds so I give it a shot and yeah that's the ticket! Haven't had an analog in days and thats saying something for me (I typically wake up and pound a monster and two marlboros in ten minutes...)

Anyways, I got a Uwell Crown (.5ohm duals) on a Sigelei 150w tc (typically about 50w-55w)for my setup, LOVE IT. Little big but that's fine.
My issue is I burn through coils fast, like a two-three days. After the first two I burned up I did some searchng, found the often posted video on how to break in crown coils and followed it to a T. I still burnt out a coil in three days...

I'm wondering if it's due my style of vaping? I would typically run AFC wide open, and take long slow draws. I've been playing around today trying out closing the AFC halfway and taking sharp hard pulls (which is pretty damn satisfying)

Any input guys? TIA to all, this forum has been most helpful over the last two weeks, I've been lurking like a mofo :lol:

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a short draw person, I suck so hard if the RDA had a mouth it would moan, but seriously, AFC rings either wide open off (if possible) and 3-4 second pulls

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Long semi hard pulls on wide open.

Zr0

Member For 4 Years
So it seems (so far at least) the consensus is to draw 'briskly' at the least :D

Nobody ever notice a difference in coil life from changing how hard you inhale though?

Never noticed coil life change from how hard i haul, however I'm pretty keen on not letting the juice level get below the top of the holes where the wicks feed the coils, that just seemed to keep them overall saturated more and less chance of burning all in all if you tend to hold your vape horizontally

Jayvon633

Member For 4 Years
maybe the wattage is a little too high for the coil? if you turned down the wattage a little bit and took longer hits you might be able to increase the longevity of your coils. i use a mutation x4 at .17ohms at 90watts and take 3-5 second pretty strong pulls and that works for me.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like slightly restricted lung hits. On my velocity I have the primary air slots half open and the secondary holes closed. Running a dual Clapton 34/24 kanthal .29ohm at 80w, I get warm dense vapor that fils my lungs with about a 2-3 second draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
H
Ok first off: Yeah, new guy here. Played around with ecigs a few years back, didn't do it for me. Now I see these sub-ohm builds so I give it a shot and yeah that's the ticket! Haven't had an analog in days and thats saying something for me (I typically wake up and pound a monster and two marlboros in ten minutes...)

Anyways, I got a Uwell Crown (.5ohm duals) on a Sigelei 150w tc (typically about 50w-55w)for my setup, LOVE IT. Little big but that's fine.
My issue is I burn through coils fast, like a two-three days. After the first two I burned up I did some searchng, found the often posted video on how to break in crown coils and followed it to a T. I still burnt out a coil in three days...

I'm wondering if it's due my style of vaping? I would typically run AFC wide open, and take long slow draws. I've been playing around today trying out closing the AFC halfway and taking sharp hard pulls (which is pretty damn satisfying)

Any input guys? TIA to all, this forum has been most helpful over the last two weeks, I've been lurking like a mofo :lol:
Hmmm right now ... Im hitting it so hard that I feel like im getting ready to pass out.. serious
most of the time I hit it pretty hard but then I am extreme

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a lung hitter so my pulls are long and deep..2-3 hits and I'm good...but I guess one could call it a hard hit...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors