Wizard Labs

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been using Wizard Labs since I started DIY. I've always had great service and I believe they set a standard within the DIY suppliers. However, they do sometimes run out of base matetials. Understandably, this is due to high demand and the company's high manufacturing/process requirements of their nic base suppliers. Is there another DIY supplier with similar standards and customer service when this problem arrives?

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I totally agree with both of you, but is there another supplier I can trust when Wizard is running low?

CxHxUxBxBxS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
onestopdiyshop.com is my go to for flavoring. You can get nic, pg, and vg there but they are in kinda small quantities

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If only they carried bigger bottles of TFA. I get all my nic, PG, and VG from them

I would definitely buy quarts of flavors in both TFA and some LorAnns. Hell, even a 120ml bottle would do. I look like a coke addict with all the 8ml glass vials laying around!

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can actually buy lager TFA bottles from TFA and frankly it should be cheaper. perfumersapprentice is the maker of the flavor apprentice flavors (TPA and TFA they dont like to be listed on websites unless its those two)can buy from them direct. Been buying from them direct for a few years. I know you can buy 1oz bottles but if you do a upgrade to your account(free you just have to submit your email on a upgrade page to up your account) which is basically saying they do not accept returns and they do not guarantee the safety of these flavors for any non-food application(99% of flavoring were designed for food) then you can select 4oz and above.

LorAnnsoils sells 1 and 4 oz bottles on their site as well and usually have more flavors than ecig places carry. Love WL nic btw and wish they carried wizard ice still that was some smooth nic.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Buying from multiple vendors increases the shipping costs. But if you want larger quantities of flavoring, it might be the way to go. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too. Thanks for the info.

Margie

Member For 4 Years
You can buy 4oz & up sizes by signing up for wholesale (just fill out the info) in the bulk section. It's much cheaper. Here are a few that I just ordered..
Quantity Product SKU: Price Ext. Price
1 Bavarian Cream Flavor-4oz wh-004_sz1 $6.50 $6.50
1 Caramel Flavor-4oz wh-012_sz1 $6.50 $6.50
1 Dulce de Leche Flavor-4oz wh-075_sz1 $8.00 $8.00
1 Horchata Flavor-4oz wh-205_sz1 $8.75 $8.75
1 Jamaican Rum Flavor-4oz wh-032_sz1 $6.50 $6.50
1 Ripe Banana Flavor-4oz wh-069_sz1 $6.50 $6.50
1 RY4 Asian Flavor-4oz wh-187_sz1 $8.50 $8.50
1 Strawberries and Cream Flavor-4oz wh-207_sz1 $6.50 $6.50
1 Sweet Cream Flavor-4oz wh-049_sz1 $7.00 $7.00
1 Vanilla Swirl Flavor-4oz wh-137_sz1 $9.00 $9.00

Margie

Member For 4 Years
You can buy 4oz & up sizes by signing up for wholesale (just fill out the info) in the bulk section. It's much cheaper. Here are a few that I just ordered..
Sorry, I posted too fast. This was ordered from Perfumers Apprentice (TFA) not Wizard Labs. Same stuff thou.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Wow, thanks for the info! Does anybody trust another nicotine base supplier on par with Wizard?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I totally agree with both of you, but is there another supplier I can trust when Wizard is running low?

rtsvapes.com also ships flavorings in glass vials. They're a little shorter than the WL vials, but they fit nicely along with each other in the storage setup I use for vials. I was equally happy with their service and shipping.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like Wizard Labs too as they were my first supplier of TFA flavors, nic, PG/VG and other DIY supplies. I save a bunch of time as they are close to my vaping lair. It's almost like buying local with tax added and the ease of buying online.

I was pretty set on mixing only with TFA until I started trying other brands. There are allot of great places to buy flavors now a days and I have bought from a few mentioned in this thread. Next I want to try Bull City Vapor as they look like a tone down east coast version of ecigExpress. EcigExpress has the largest section of flavor brands that I know of.

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can actually buy lager TFA bottles from TFA and frankly it should be cheaper. perfumersapprentice is the maker of the flavor apprentice flavors (TPA and TFA they dont like to be listed on websites unless its those two)can buy from them direct. Been buying from them direct for a few years. I know you can buy 1oz bottles but if you do a upgrade to your account(free you just have to submit your email on a upgrade page to up your account) which is basically saying they do not accept returns and they do not guarantee the safety of these flavors for any non-food application(99% of flavoring were designed for food) then you can select 4oz and above.

LorAnnsoils sells 1 and 4 oz bottles on their site as well and usually have more flavors than ecig places carry. Love WL nic btw and wish they carried wizard ice still that was some smooth nic.
Thank you.. I hated buying in those tiny bottles. An ounce of each would be nice, and Im sure once Ive started finding faves.. that would be in 4's. I've only ordered from Wizard once, but the service was outstanding and the price was great. My ONLY withholding was the tiny flavors. Thanks again!

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

So.. when they say... they do not guarantee the safety of these flavors for any non-food application.. What, exactly does that mean? If I was your friend, I couldn't give you something that I (personally) didn't think was 100% safe, and I don't really think vaping is a "food application". I know in a way, we are in rather uncharted waters. Just FIY.. I damned sure wouldn't sell it. This sounds so like some stupid question a "Noob" would ask.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
So.. when they say... they do not guarantee the safety of these flavors for any non-food application.. What, exactly does that mean? If I was your friend, I couldn't give you something that I (personally) didn't think was 100% safe, and I don't really think vaping is a "food application". I know in a way, we are in rather uncharted waters. Just FIY.. I damned sure wouldn't sell it. This sounds so like some stupid question a "Noob" would ask.

It means that if you later develop health issues, you can't sue them - regardless of whether/how it's related to their product. No flavoring company or juice vendor anywhere offers a guarantee of safety for inhalation.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As an adult, I read and studied a lot about vaping before trying it. I read the good and the bad, the known and the unknown. I also did the same when we started learning about the ingredients and results of cigarettes and smoking. The pros and cons about both were studied. I made the decision to start vaping, knowing that the unknowns are there. I try to stay away from the known problems. I'll take my chances.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Head and Misswish made great points and I will follow up by saying no flavoring that I know of is made for the express purpose of vaping. TPA/TFA, Flavorart, Lorann, Capella's, Flavor west and a few others are food flavorings that are FDA approved for consumption. Tobacco absolute might be the exception but like everything else it has not been extensively tested for inhalation. Tasty Puff flavoring is the only flavor I know of that was developed for inhalation but is was designed to spray on pot before ya smoke it but I would bet a lot of cash it was not thoroughly tested heh.

This is simply where we are at. There is not a juice or flavoring you can buy out there that is made with "tested for inhalation" flavoring. To do extensive testing is a very costly process and correct me if I am wrong CASSA is working on getting some testing done. What there is though are several years now of trial and error and many medical professionals a fair amount of which vape themselves who have done limited testing and study of people who do vape and the consensus thus far is that it is a safer alternative to smoking.

The vaping community thus far done a pretty good job of self regulating making it much safer than it used to be by weeding out flavoring that did have chemicals with inhalation risk such as diactyl as one example and even getting these flavoring company's to remove said chems making it safer for us.

TPA/TFA is not a vaping company they make flavors and "smells"(I do not know how else to desribe it lol) for perfume and food. Do not let the perfume part of the name put you off they have a seperate food section. I am pretty sure she is an actual chemist or employs chemists and make these in house. It is not a deal where they buy from a big company and them slap their label on it. They have actually been very accommodating to us vapors and simply put that disclaimer so they are not lawyer bait if something down the road turns out to be harmful to vape and I do not blame them.

Sorry for being long winded and hopefully that helps some people understand where we are at with flavoring.

Last edited:

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
...............the consensus thus far is that it is a safe alternative to smoking..............................

I tend to agree with just about everything you posted. However, not to be a troll (Is it possible to troll your own thread if you're the OP?????), but I would suggest that the consensus thus far is that vaping is a SAFER alternative, not a "safe alternitive".

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually ment to put a r on the end so thank you for pointing that out. I shall edit it now:)

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It means that if you later develop health issues, you can't sue them - regardless of whether/how it's related to their product. No flavoring company or juice vendor anywhere offers a guarantee of safety for inhalation.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, including the air we breathe is 100% safe for inhalation. However, through making educated decisions, we can mitigate the hazards we expose ourselves to. With the current information we have available, I am comfortable mitigating myself to the hazards (known or unknown) of vaping over the combustible alternative(s). My lungs, body, and quality of life experience since I started vaping in 2009, propose that I am on the right track over the 27 years of smoking 1.5-2 PAD, dipping, and other forms of nicotine products I used. I still might get cancer, I might get run over by a truck running through my living room wall, or I might live to 100. God only knows. However, it is the quality of life, not quantity, which has been greatly enriched by vaping. And really, no matter how long or short a life is, it's the quality of life that really counts. So until that eventuality, VAPE ON and VAPE STRONG!

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Why wouldn't you sell it? They are not selling the flavors for the express reason of vaping. We are using their product in a way they did not intend for it to be used. It is not their responsibility to stop selling their product because a part of the community is using the product for unintended purposes. A butcher's knife was intended to be a kitchen implement with the express purpose of cutting food items. Should companies stop selling cutlery because a part of the community unintentionally hurts themselves (or intentionally hurts others!) with the product by misuse of the product? They should be responsible, as they are, and place a disclaimer as to the misuse of the product may have unintended consequences. That, I propose is where their responsibility ends as long as they have no foreknowledge of harmful effects inherent in the regular and intended use of the product.

KnurledNut

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
As a juice maker I use various suppliers as flavors/extracts can and do vary from one to another. Currently I use TFA, Flavor West, Lorann's, Watkins, and Capella. TFA and Flavor West (diyjuice) both offer small tester type bottles (4ml and 7ml respectively). These small quantities are enough to run a couple of 30ml test batches to determine vapeability.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm still in the experimental stage of flavors so I like the smaller bottles. The 3ml bottles are a bit annoying, but I did find FA's Mangosteen this way. Of course in hindsight I have quite a few flavors I could do without or they haven't found the right recipe yet to be useful, so I keep them. On the other hand, taking a chance on a flavor I knew very little about has paid off, notably Inawera's Cactus which has become one of my top flavor mixes.

If I had local friends that bought 30ml or more of flavors at a time, then trading could take place making buying larger quantities economical. I's just me and my doggies and they don't vape.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
..I have quite a few flavors I could do without or they haven't found the right recipe yet to be useful, so I keep them. On the other hand, taking a chance on a flavor I knew very little about has paid off, notably Inawera's Cactus which has become one of my top flavor mixes.

For new-to-me flavorings. I'd buy 1ml samples if they were available. My flavorings collection is ridiculous, but I won't part with any of them for fear of not having one I need some day for some recipe.

I'm taking notes on that Cactus and the Orange Watermelon that LadyBlue suggested. I was so disappointed with the Inawera I've tried (except Sesame!) I figured I'd scratch them off my list. Hmm, those two flavors might even go together...

Freeloader

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, thanks for the info! Does anybody trust another nicotine base supplier on par with Wizard?
When Wizard moved to Orlando in Jan 2013 and wasn't selling nicotine they had, at the top of their homepage, a statement pimping My Freedom Smokes for nic purchases. Maybe MFS is or was a Wizard customer?

MFS is where I purchase nicotine and I would recommend them to someone who couldn't purchase nic from their favorite supplier.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
FYI, highdesertvapes.com sells Wizard Labs nic. For smaller quantities (while WL is closed), the price with shipping often beats WL direct.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wizard labs web site will be open for business sometime today.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When Wizard moved to Orlando in Jan 2013 and wasn't selling nicotine they had, at the top of their homepage, a statement pimping My Freedom Smokes for nic purchases. Maybe MFS is or was a Wizard customer?

MFS is where I purchase nicotine and I would recommend them to someone who couldn't purchase nic from their favorite supplier.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nic from my freedom smokes, although tested, comes from china. It might be perfectly safe but I feel better about U.S.A. made products, there are several out there. I get mine at E_Cig Express American made, very smooth and I would highly recommend it. Price is great too.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
America does not produce/make any form of nicotine :(
There are just retailers/vendors out there for us..

Someone should look into that.. :oops: If I had the money, I would.

There are places you can purchase higher than what diy juice makers need, but that can be jumping into a scary mess too.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think Nude Nicotine does make their own nicotine solution.

From their website:

"Founded in April of 2012, we at Nude Nicotine are an electronic eLiquid manufacturer and contract laboratory that prides itself in the purity and validated contents of its chemistries. Unlike any nicotine liquid manufacturer on the market, we publish chemical data for each individual lot of nicotine, propylene glycol (PG), and vegetable glycerin (VG) for the public eye. View our sample certificate of analysis here. Each lot is analyzed by GM/MS (gas chromatography tandem mass spectrometry – a laboratory technique utilizing a piece of equipment to analyze an unknown for chemical content) to ensure only the desired chemical ingredients are present, no unwanted contaminants or degradation products. No oxides, no beta-carbolines, no nitrosamines, never. (This piece of equipment is currently being validated for wider use in the testing of final eLiquid solutions as well – ISO 17025 application pending).

Our laboratory is constructed with an ISO 100,000 tested and approved clean-room environment, with production laminar flow hoods meeting ISO 10,000 requirements. 24/7 monitoring of the production environment allows us to produce sterile, contaminant-free, laboratory-grade product."

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I think Nude Nicotine does make their own nicotine solution.

They maybe ordering higher nic concentrations and "cutting" it, but there is zero places that actually make nicotine in the States.
It all comes from only 2 places in the world: China and India. The same thing with wl, they cut it. WL also sells higher nic, but not to the public. You have to be licensed to buy higher than 100mg nic thru WL..

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe they only analyze and validate, but I was under the impression that they actually produce in their laboratory the nicotine they sell .

This is another excerpt from their website:

"Our PG and VG are directly imported into our laboratory and GC/MS tested from the manufacturer, no middlemen, thus allowing for an incomparably fresh and unoxidized eLiquid or nicotine base."

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info Smokey Blue and Flowerpots. ECig Express and a few others claim their nic is U.S.A. made, how deceptive, thats why I joined V/U to learn. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe they only analyze and validate, but I was under the impression that they actually produce in their laboratory the nicotine they sell .

This is another excerpt from their website:

"Our PG and VG are directly imported into our laboratory and GC/MS tested from the manufacturer, no middlemen, thus allowing for an incomparably fresh and unoxidized eLiquid or nicotine base."

Flowers, you are more than welcome to contact either Suzy or John.. ask them this same question.
They receive pure nic.. they cut it into batches for us all, as well as provide nic concentrates to hospitals etc, all over the US..

Cutting high levels of nic does require a full lab set up. proper gear, and safety knowledge. High nic can and will strip your eyes, nasal, and using anything over 100mg, can cause serious health issues. I have a high regard for all of the vendors here in the States, cutting nic. This is what they all do.

How do I know? I have friends, and my better half that cuts nic. We do tons of searching for companies all over the world for competitive pricing.

The best nic, and it is well know.. is that from India.

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I may chime in,NO one in the USA who sells nicotine solutions buys it from anyone extracting in the USA,smokey is correct. There is only one person in the USA who says he is currently extracting in the USA,and when I contacted the company to buy some,well, I have yet to hear back for 5 days now.

Anecdotally,(sp) I have spoken with A USA supplier of pure nicotine who supplies,or I should say, claims to supply the pharmaceutical companies their nicotine for patches, lozenges, and gums, and have supposedly done so for many years, and even it is not extracted in the USA.

People may source it, but they ain't making it.

And while I may be wrong, I did sleep at a holiday INN last night. ;)

Last edited:

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Flowers, you are more than welcome to contact either Suzy or John.. ask them this same question.
They receive pure nic.. they cut it into batches for us all, as well as provide nic concentrates to hospitals etc, all over the US..

Cutting high levels of nic does require a full lab set up. proper gear, and safety knowledge. High nic can and will strip your eyes, nasal, and using anything over 100mg, can cause serious health issues. I have a high regard for all of the vendors here in the States, cutting nic. This is what they all do.

How do I know? I have friends, and my better half that cuts nic. We do tons of searching for companies all over the world for competitive pricing.

The best nic, and it is well know.. is that from India.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Smoky speaks the truth people. NIcotine as we most know is deadly. If you can imagine handling a timber rattlesnake with bare hands, you sort of get the idea of what its like to deal with pure nicotine. BUt it still falls short by 1000

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Smokey, do you know what suppliers sell India made nic? If so could you tell me who? Thanks for all the info from all of you.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
wizardslab, azureblue (now blue mist vaping*), High desert is a resale spot of wl..
some B&m's.. I am sure that ecigexpress is, and I am always in contact with Jarin and a couple others over there.

pay attention to websites, and contact them, when in doubt.

*edit.. funny.. olg bookmark took me to ab's site..
http://www.azurevaping.com/

Last edited:

VU Sponsors