Become a Patron!

WISMEC Reuleaux Tinker 300W TC Kit with Column Tank

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Reuleaux Tinker 300W TC Kit with Column Tank from Wismec. The Reuleaux Tinker 300W TC Kit with Column Tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Angelia from Wismec.

http://www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-t...th-column/

https://store.wismec.com/reuleaux-tinker...olumn.html

Introduction

The Tinker is the latest of the high powered 3 battery Reuleaux series of devices. The Tinker gives a more modern look and up to date feel to the range both with incorporating a colour screen with app style menu and ergonomically with the device being very curved. The design is aesthetically busy and inspired by a famous pair of snickers which i think they have done an excellent job executing the design well. In this kit we see the Tinker paired with the new Column sub-ohm tank which offers a large capacity (standard edition) and matchy matchy glass tube and drip tip. Let's give it a look!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1x WISMEC Reuleaux Tinker MOD
1x Column Atomizer (WL01 Single 0.15ohm Head Pre-installed)
1x WL01 Single 0.15ohm Head
1x Extra Glass Tube
2x Seal Ring
1x QC USB Cable
2x User Manual
1x Warning Card

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Tinker Kit comes with both Tinker mod and Column tank coming in it's own cardboard packing and then an outer sleeve put over the both of them. I received the Red version, it's also available in Blue and White, all versions come with matching Column tank. The colour of choice refers to the front and top combined section and spine grip, the surround of the spine which also expands part way around the sides has a material type feel and has the design of a famous pair of snickers, the rest of the device is Grey or Silver depending on your point of view. The back grip is screwed on to the metal and is plastic with rubberised texturing and a textured grip section. The device is very curvy and shaped to match the contours of your hand making it the most ergonomic 3 battery device i have used. The sides have venting for the chip and the base which is the battery hatch door has generous battery venting, branding and safety stamps. The front of the device has a light switch style black fire button at the top and towards the bottom 2 round Black navigational buttons followed by the micro USB port. Housed centrally on the front is the 0.96 colour screen, the front is bowed this includes the screen cover giving the device even more shape, it's the opposite to the usual Reuleaux devices which are all about straight angles aesthetically. Moving to the top and towards the front of the device we have a raised platform with Gold plated, spring loaded 510. Like other 3 battery devices for me the Tinker is a vape at home device and not what i would carry around with me but with bringing the 510 towards the front the height has been kept to the minimum and it's very ergonomically friendly, as well as feeling solid and durable.

Column Subohm Tank Specs and Features:

Size: 25mm(inside diameter) x 55mm/ 28mm(outside diameter) x 55mm
Capacity: 6.5ml/2ml (TPD Edition)
Coil type: WL01 0.15ohm head (30-100W)
Powerful subohm tank with 6.5ml/2ml e-juice capacity
Brand-new WL01 0.15ohm coil
Convenient retractable top refill design
Refined bottom airflow control
Optional Child Lock Edition
Thread: 510
Colour: Red, Blue, White

Column Overview

The Column comes with 2 identical mesh style coils (0.15ohm rated between 30W - 100W best between 50W - 70W) but have quite an old style type design to them with not the widest of bores. The tank has sliding top-fill which slides open smoothly and isn't loose but not too stiff and a nice size filling port in the fixed grommet. I received the standard version that comes pre-installed with the 6.5ml bulge glass i also received the 2ml straight glass which is pre-installed on the TPD version tanks as a spare. Both glass tubes are tinted to match the colour of the tanks but is perfectly transparent and the e-liquid level can be clearly seen. The Drip tip is a goon style 810 fitting and also has the same coloured tint as the glass, it's quite a shallow fit so many of my 810's did have a gap which has to be a con. The airflow control ring is 6 large vertical slots each side and it moves with nice resistance, above the airflow control ring and below the top-fill slide mechanism we have heavy industrial knurling which is also matched on the outside of the coil. I didn't like the look of the tank from the pictures but with the tank in front of me completely changed my opinion, however i'm not a big fan of it's performance which will be explained in a later section. The coil screws straight into the base as per usual and separating the tank into it's various parts and changing the glass tube can be done with ease.

Tinker Specs and Features:

Size: 78 x 56 x 44mm
Battery: 3 x 18650 cells (not included)
Screen: 0.96-inch TFT colour screen
Output wattage: 1-300W
Output mode: Power/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR mode
Temperature range: 100-315°C/200-600°F (TC modes)
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC modes
0.05-3.5ohm for Power mode
Maximum charging current: 2A
Maximum output current: 50A
Output voltage range: 0.5-9V
Inspired by the AJ sneakers
Ergonomic design with a dynamic appearance
Triple 18650 cells with 300W massive power
0.96 inch TFT colour screen with advanced user interface
RTC (real time clock) function
Thread type: 510
Colour: Red, Blue, White

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Fitting The Batteries

No complaints with the bottom battery hatch door at all, just slide slightly forward and lift up, the door is sturdy and when shut has no movement with or without batteries. Orientation is Black on Black on the battery door but the orientation is so vibrantly marked inside the battery compartment and so much light enters then on this occasion the orientation on the door doesn't bother me. Once your batteries are fitted and the door secured shut there is no rattle whatsoever.

The Display

The Tinker is a modern take on the Reuleaux and has a colour display and app style menu, the screen is bright and all information can be easily read even if the display isn't the sharpest. The main screen see's a circle in each corner and large centre circle, within these circles we have top left resistance, top right is volts (watts when in temp control), bottom left we have the time and bottom right is the subpara which by default is amps but can be changed to puffs or time vaped. The large centre circle displays the mode top, unit bottom and centre will be wattage or temperature when in temp control, the very bottom of the display we have 3 battery status bars and the background see'e a design but despite the Tinker having a colour screen full advantage of this hasn't been taken as there is no customisation available whatsoever.

Navigating The Tinker

The device is the usual 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and once on it's 3 clicks to enter the menu, if you turn the device on with 10 clicks it first displays the temperature of the PCB. When you enter the menu 4 options are available which are mode, set, info and exit, exit is obvious and info allows you to view the status of your batteries as well as software and hardware versions. If you choose mode it gives 4 options which are VW, TC (choosing this gives you the choice of TI, NI or SS), TCR which has 3 memory slots and RTC which again is VW mode but displays a large clock on the screen (you can choose between analogue or digital). If you choose set from the main menu screen it gives you the following options, coil (lock your resistance), power (set wattage for temp control), stealth (turn on or off), Subpara (choose which you want displayed on main screen between amps. puffs or time vaped), clock (set time), preheat (set power and duration), timeout (set how long it allows you to vape for before cutting power, 5 secs, 10 secs or 15 secs) and finally as with all screens in the menu system we have exit. The up and down buttons can be locked and unlocked by pressing both at the same time, the device still fires when the buttons are locked. The menu is as most devices released these days so very easy to navigate around and very uncomplicated.

My Experience Using the Tinker Kit

The first thing to point out is i don't vape in temp control and do not have access to data so review products as a personal experience. I like the Tinker both visually and ergonomically and from a performance point of view. It fires without noticeable delay and the fire button is nice and clicky, wattage's i vaped at seemed accurate and as far as actual top wattage it wouldn't surprise me if it falls comfortably short of 300W but really i couldn't care less because 3 battery devices only interest me for the battery capacity. It does seem a real waste of real estate having a raised platform towards the front of the device limiting tanks up to 25mm before you start getting some sort of overhang but then this is how the device has been kept to a small size for a 3 battery device which is a pro it's just a case that you can't have everything. Using the Tinker with the Column tank i wasn't over impressed, the tank has a lot of wasted air and you only notice any reduction when adjusting the airflow to 3 slots and below, the 6 slots would have been better half the size given much better control, although the airflow is quite smooth. The real issue i had with the Column is the supplied coils wick very poorly, absolutely nothing wrong with flavour in fact the flavour is very good but more than 3 or 4 chain vapes and you get a nasty dry hit, not good at all. I used 80VG so tried some DIY 66VG and still got dry hits. The Tinker supports 2A charging but i would only charge the batteries in the device if that's your only option and it's fully firmware upgradeable.

Well made and seems durable
Very nice ergonomic shape
Aesthetically pleasing
Matchy, matchy with tank
Small relative to 3 battery device
3 batteries (good battery life)
Solid battery door
Temp control (not tested)
High wattage
Fires quickly
Colour display
Easy to navigate menu
Column tank 6.5ml capacity (bulge glass)
Smooth airflow
Good flavour
Slide top-fill
2A charging
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

Dry hits (poor wicking)
Too much air
shallow 810 fitting
Over 25mm tanks will have overhang
Not pocket friendly
Colour screen, no customisation
No curves feature

I would once again like to thank Angelia from Wismec for supplying the Reuleaux Tinker 300W TC Kit with Column Tank for the purpose of this review.

http://www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-t...th-column/

https://store.wismec.com/reuleaux-tinker...olumn.html

VU Sponsors