Become a Patron!

Wismec Reuleaux Tinker 2 Experiences? Screen and TC, In Particular?

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hi Y'all,

In my decision on which dual-18650 mod to buy next, I keep coming back to the Wismec Reuleaux Tinker 2. It just calls to me. I've two concerns:
  • Display brightness and legibility
  • Temperature Control mode performance
Of the two: The display is probably the bigger concern. I like my Sigelei Kaos mod well enough, but the display is unreadable in even moderate daylight. It's pretty annoying.

I don't currently do TC, but I plan to play with it, some day. In so doing, the last thing I need is a mod that doesn't execute TC well. So, if you've ever used your Tinker 2 in TC: How well does it work?

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have the OG tinker with the 3 batteries and really enjoy it.
The TC works really well. I'm not sure if it's the same screen or not as the tinker2. But, the one on the OG appears readable in the daylight.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks for the follow-up. Looks like the same size display, but otherwise completely different.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the follow-up. Looks like the same size display, but otherwise completely different.
Right, the graphics and layout are different.. kind of odd, considering it's the same board.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
*bump*

Nobody 'round here has one of these that can comment? Seems hard to believe...

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@wildgypsy70 Did you order that Wismec Reulleaux Tinker 2? If so: Have you received it yet? If not: When do you expect it?

I'm kind of holding off on my own order until I can get some feedback on that thing. Limited funds. Have to purchase carefully ;)

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
mine should be here from fasttech tuesday so I'll update with my thoughts after i get it up and running

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
mine should be here from fasttech tuesday so I'll update with my thoughts after i get it up and running
I knew there was somebody had one on the way, but I couldn't recall just whom and couldn't find the thread in which it was mentioned. Thanks, LM!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I knew there was somebody had one on the way, but I couldn't recall just whom and couldn't find the thread in which it was mentioned. Thanks, LM!
i had you on my list to ping when i posted it so Look forward to it.

VU Sponsors