Become a Patron!

Wismec Predator 228 - Alien Killer?

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape less than 150 I am running the Predator s at 60 watts and 80 watts.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Even with the paint chipping beyon belief

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk
the newer colors at least have a great paint job. the paint on my green/gold one is night and day from my original black/gold one from months ago. it's got a thick clearcoat on it the original doesn't have

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the newer colors at least have a great paint job. the paint on my green/gold one is night and day from my original black/gold one from months ago. it's got a thick clearcoat on it the original doesn't have
That's what I have is the black gold one when they first came out and half the paint peeled off within two weeks. At least they fixed the problem.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That's what I have is the black gold one when they first came out and half the paint peeled off within two weeks. At least they fixed the problem.

well my black gold has a few small chips in it. my gold black i've barely used so it still looks new and the green gold I've barely used but the paint on it is night and day compared to the other 2. I traded my black blue one and it still looked new when i did. Personally i'd still take the battlestar overall. the only thing the alien has over it is the big screen with more info and the preheat option.

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well my black gold has a few small chips in it. my gold black i've barely used so it still looks new and the green gold I've barely used but the paint on it is night and day compared to the other 2. I traded my black blue one and it still looked new when i did. Personally i'd still take the battlestar overall. the only thing the alien has over it is the big screen with more info and the preheat option.
I don't really care how the battlestar looks. The alien works great though. The performance is really good!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I don't really care how the battlestar looks. The alien works great though. The performance is really good!

yeah it's a kick ass mod for watt mode. i should know since i have 3 of them currently lol but in TC mode it sucks and their firmware update system is outdated. They have a ways to go with their firmware.

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah it's a kick ass mod for watt mode. i should know since i have 3 of them currently lol but in TC mode it sucks and their firmware update system is outdated. They have a ways to go with their firmware.
I've only used temperature control a little bit so I had no idea it wasn't very good for that mode

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the predator does a better job with ss316l
Thats all I have run on mine since I got it back
running 25 watts at 400F on a ss316 2.5mmid coil at .6ohms with 30watt preheat
So far it has worked great

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've only used temperature control a little bit so I had no idea it wasn't very good for that mode

I wouldn't even call it usable. and I'm not saying that as a snob who only vapes on a a DNA or anything because i found some mode like the battlestar, snow wolf 200 plus do a great job for the price. and even the sigelie kaos and tesla nano 120 weren't terrible. smok is at the bottom tier even worse then the wismecs and joyetechs in that regard. ijoy is pretty low down there as well

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't even call it usable. and I'm not saying that as a snob who only vapes on a a DNA or anything because i found some mode like the battlestar, snow wolf 200 plus do a great job for the price. and even the sigelie kaos and tesla nano 120 weren't terrible. smok is at the bottom tier even worse then the wismecs and joyetechs in that regard. ijoy is pretty low down there as well
You have me looking at the battlestar again lol

jPhilly215

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I had one of the first batches of ALiens that were not Testers . The paint was not too bad ..... But it didnt like a drop from 10 ft . But the new paint is def better .

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do you have the Ijoy rdta box? TC works great on it. But impossible to test as I can't switch attys with my dnas.

Metsuk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Someone know whats new with issue pin 510? Is it fix in new colors? Or how to avoid

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Nothing changed. Best way to avoid the issue is not buy one at all.
I agree with this. I don't have a 510 issue personally and I like mine but it has too many draw backs to say it's worth buying for most people.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

IMG_1256.JPG I liked my predator until the pressed in threaded part of the 510 connector came out and won't stay in properly now. I've contacted wismec with 2 emails and a FB msg and haven't gotten a response for 5 days. Not very good customer service apparently.

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 83415 I liked my predator until the pressed in threaded part of the 510 connector came out and won't stay in properly now. I've contacted wismec with 2 emails and a FB msg and haven't gotten a response for 5 days. Not very good customer service apparently.
Try contacting the vendor that you purchased from.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On mine the 510 still looks solid after many weeks of daily use (nothing detached so far)
But I see the read resistance raising slowly, now it's constantly off by almost +0.1 ohm - compared to other mods I own
I guess the 510 is slowly deteriorating; too bad, I really like this mod...

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
On mine the 510 still looks solid after many weeks of daily use (nothing detached so far)
But I see the read resistance raising slowly, now it's constantly off by almost +0.1 ohm - compared to other mods I own
I guess the 510 is slowly deteriorating; too bad, I really like this mod...
Easy fix STOP BUYING WISMECH.

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd rather having them fixing their design/manufacturing issues - as said i like their products, quality issues aside - but I can see your point

VU Sponsors