Become a Patron!

Wismec Predator 228 - Alien Killer?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I too am curious if this is in reference to the predator, or residual distaste?
i can say so far the 510 pin is much better. it's on par with other mods in the price range now. no worse off then the smok or ijoy ones.
for the wiring i haven't gotten it warm yet. but haven't used it over 120. i'll see how warm it gets during my testing :)

jflo69rmnp

Member For 4 Years
So... I've found the TC problem. Whenever I try to use the TC function it switches back to power mode. I tried it first with the Pharaoh RTA, so I thought this was the problem. But when I went to the Elabo tank it did the same thing! I tried it before and after I updated the firmware. So I tried it on my X Cube Ultra and it worked like a charm. So now I guess I will have to contact Wismec.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So... I've found the TC problem. Whenever I try to use the TC function it switches back to power mode. I tried it first with the Pharaoh RTA, so I thought this was the problem. But when I went to the Elabo tank it did the same thing! I tried it before and after I updated the firmware. So I tried it on my X Cube Ultra and it worked like a charm. So now I guess I will have to contact Wismec.
That's not good, that is what happens with my RX200 and 200S, both revert back to power mode.

I haven't had that happen once with my Predator but now am nervous.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i can say so far the 510 pin is much better. it's on par with other mods in the price range now. no worse off then the smok or ijoy ones.
for the wiring i haven't gotten it warm yet. but haven't used it over 120. i'll see how warm it gets during my testing :)
Look forward to the review.

I am usually in the 50-90 range.

Hope it is not a wide spread issue. GL dealing with Wismec.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my Predator 228 a few days ago from Heaven Gifts and so far I'm really liking this mod. I got the silver and black version and it looks nice, the fit and finish is really nice. It feels great in the hand and I love the size, very compact for a dual battery mod. The 510 does look improved over my other Wismec mods. I haven't had any issues attaching any of my attys to it.

I've been using it in power and SS mode and it's working great. In TC, I was using a simple dual coil 316L at 0.35 and 420 degrees and it worked great. I haven't had any issue with it jumping out of TC mode. I do have one con with it though, the battery door catch. Without batteries installed, I couldn't open the battery door, the button works just fine, but the latch is slightly catching. The door opens just fine with batteries installed, I think I just need to run a little sandpaper over the catch lip, no biggie. Overall, I really like this mod, great size and feel for a dual battery mod.

predator1_zpsiswgu9jm.jpg
predator2_zpsgkwgpnqm.jpg

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A friend of mine just got one after two Aliens he had went Tango Uniform. It's very nice and if my Alien bites it anytime soon, the Predator just might take it's place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my Predator 228 a few days ago from Heaven Gifts and so far I'm really liking this mod. I got the silver and black version and it looks nice, the fit and finish is really nice. It feels great in the hand and I love the size, very compact for a dual battery mod. The 510 does look improved over my other Wismec mods. I haven't had any issues attaching any of my attys to it.

I've been using it in power and SS mode and it's working great. In TC, I was using a simple dual coil 316L at 0.35 and 420 degrees and it worked great. I haven't had any issue with it jumping out of TC mode. I do have one con with it though, the battery door catch. Without batteries installed, I couldn't open the battery door, the button works just fine, but the latch is slightly catching. The door opens just fine with batteries installed, I think I just need to run a little sandpaper over the catch lip, no biggie. Overall, I really like this mod, great size and feel for a dual battery mod.

predator1_zpsiswgu9jm.jpg
predator2_zpsgkwgpnqm.jpg
Looks good.

Hope I didn't make a mistake ordering the red. I always want color but then end up going black or silver. This time I said screw it.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks good.

Hope I didn't make a mistake ordering the red. I always want color but then end up going black or silver. This time I said screw it.
Pictures of the red look good. I was hoping they would have released a yellow and black, but very happy with the looks of the silver.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FASTTECH just shipped my (silver/black) Predator Kit this morning! Looking at 7-10 days before I get it. The other colors are next day shipped (or they were) if anybody is interested.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Got it today so...15 days from slowtech.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great box for the money. Def better than RX200 models. I like that I can use taller tanks (Maus, Limitless XL, et al) and it looks straight. Both aliens I own look crooked like the tank is cocked. I HATE that!

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great box for the money. Def better than RX200 models. I like that I can use taller tanks (Maus, Limitless XL, et al) and it looks straight. Both aliens I own look crooked like the tank is cocked. I HATE that!
Made me look at my alien and OCD kicked in. Never noticed that with the tall tank. Went so far as putting a straightedge on it and it is not cocked but appears to be. I think it's the angled trim throws the eye off. Phew! LMAO

It's all good. I ordered a silver predator expected tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oops... here's that bloody gap.... IMG_3155.JPG

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I checked the post and it's tight. Maybe it's just the Blazer Mini, but there's a lip around the post. IMG_3156.JPG

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not the end of the Earth. I just have to be conscious of the potential issues if I drop it.
Maybe I'll make it my exclusive Chair Vape tank.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
+1 for the Battlestar over Alien & Predator.
Use The Force... or the Gallactica
; )

Last edited:

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Everyone I got my Predator a couple of days ago and I have a silly Question, on the preheat what is a good setting to start with and on the amount of time what is good to start with?? I messed with it before I checked the setting from the Factory. I have only used Provari P2 and I stick Pico so not much Sub ohm experience, I found my Provari P2 to be kinda weak hence the reason for getting a better Sub ohm mod. All tips welcome.......

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hey Everyone I got my Predator a couple of days ago and I have a silly Question, on the preheat what is a good setting to start with and on the amount of time what is good to start with?? I messed with it before I checked the setting from the Factory. I have only used Provari P2 and I stick Pico so not much Sub ohm experience, I found my Provari P2 to be kinda weak hence the reason for getting a better Sub ohm mod. All tips welcome.......

Depends on your coil

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a 0.02 in a Uwell Mini tank, I think I will order the Elabo tank.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have a 0.02 in a Uwell Mini tank, I think I will order the Elabo tank.

U mean .2? Nobody makes a .02 coil

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes. That is what I meant....

Don't k ow anything about the elabo. Haven't heard much hype on it

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I will order another Predator Kit this time in Red, I do like the Mod , right now I am using my Uwell Mini in Black on the Predator I just got it looks good with the White and black. I did find a review that I liked and he said to set your power boost on 20 watt and only 1 second on the boost time, did that and it is working a lot better. Now I am going to visit Vapenw or 101 and shop for the Red. Thank you

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for the heads up on the tank.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my predator back from 101 vape today
When I first got it when you pressed fire button and right button it would die for about an hour
Sent to 101 and they couldn't duplicate the problem they paid shipping both ways and said I had 90 days in case something happened

So I put my OBS engine nano on with single SS 316 26ga .6ohm coil running at 17 watts
Everything works perfect now I didn't expect stainless to be the best but am surprised
It works as well as my DNA 75 Hcigar with same build maybe even easier on battery

Looks great. For the price, why not?
The only real flaw I see is the lack of a centered 510.
Impressed that it's doing 228W as well. But it won't for long (due to sag).
Need 30A cells for full output for sure.

I am thinking, well I will be ordering the predator. What batteries do you suggest? Type and brand for this mod. I have 4 Samsung 25r's and 2 lg hg2's.
Guess I'll have to spring for another pair with this device.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought the ones with 35 amp for my Predators.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I bought the ones with 35 amp for my Predators.

35 amp? the highest amp rating for any 18650 is 30 on the lg hb series. don't believe what the wraps say. the "rewrap" companies like efest, awt, brillpower etc all lie about the battery ratings

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really that sucks, I also found Bassen Batteries rated 40 amp.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Really that sucks, I also found Bassen Batteries rated 40 amp.

they are all lies lol. here is the good info on battery ratings
img_4813-jpg.643937

short version:
20 amp batt: samsung 30q
25 amp batt: sony VTC5a
30 amp batt: LG HB6

30 amp bat: get the ijoy.
if you can't get the ijoy, the basen black is a solid 23 amp battery

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like today I order some Batteries I will get the LG. HB4 and I did order those LG Brown Batteries. I do know when playing with Batteries it is much better to be safe...... I have seen a battery melt down a few years ago it was an efest. In a regular 510 mod scared the crap out of me.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Looks like today I order some Batteries I will get the LG. HB4 and I did order those LG Brown Batteries. I do know when playing with Batteries it is much better to be safe...... I have seen a battery melt down a few years ago it was an efest. In a regular 510 mod scared the crap out of me.

HB6 probably aren't necessary. what watts do you vape at? If you vape 150 or less just get the samsung 30q batts. you'll get double the battery life as the HB6 batts. also buy from a good site like illumn.com liionwholesale.com or imrbatteries.com

VU Sponsors