Become a Patron!

Wismec Predator 228 - Alien Killer?

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks great. For the price, why not?
The only real flaw I see is the lack of a centered 510.
Impressed that it's doing 228W as well. But it won't for long (due to sag).
Need 30A cells for full output for sure.

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that still amazes me. smok, ijoy, wismec, joyetech all some of the biggest mod makers and none center their 510 pins.
it must just be a preference, I prefer 510 on sides, if it was in middle I probably wouldn't get it , but I'm looking to replace alien and I love how alien feels in my hand so I can't wait for this to drop!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
it must just be a preference, I prefer 510 on sides, if it was in middle I probably wouldn't get it , but I'm looking to replace alien and I love how alien feels in my hand so I can't wait for this to drop!
it's preference for sure, but it mostly stems from people with larger tanks (28mm+) that would sit flush on centered 510 pins and don't on the offset ones. it also seems to limit the way they makes tanks as you don't see smok, ijoy, wismec etc making tanks larger then 26mm at the base

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
it's preference for sure, but it mostly stems from people with larger tanks (28mm+) that would sit flush on centered 510 pins and don't on the offset ones. it also seems to limit the way they makes tanks as you don't see smok, ijoy, wismec etc making tanks larger then 26mm at the base
The Predator will fit a 28mm tank!

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If atty size is an issue, here's a MOD that can handle the largest, with 510 on the side.
One of my favorite mods…. For all the wrong reasons.
It proudly advertise that it is designed in Singapore. But Vaping is ILLEGAL in Singapore. Even in the privacy of your own house.
So were they Breaking the law during its design and development?

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my favorite mods…. For all the wrong reasons.
It proudly advertise that it is designed in Singapore. But Vaping is ILLEGAL in Singapore. Even in the privacy of your own house.
So were they Breaking the law during its design and development?

Damn! Not a fan of the flaring design but I love how that battery pack is designed. Like changing a battery in a camera. Can't get much safer than that.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I got a tracking # from vapenw for the red predator. Looks like I might have it by this weekend!

Will post pics and thoughts once I have had a chance to mess with it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I didn't get shit for my gold one :(

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Sorry mang, hope they get it out soon.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I got an email saying it was in stock at 6pm, site says out of stock. No shipping notice lol FML I should have went red

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got an email saying it was in stock at 6pm, site says out of stock. No shipping notice lol FML I should have went red

Just checked my tracking # this morning and it just says a label was created. Hopefully it gets into the USPS hands today, still might make it by the weekend but not holding my breath...lol

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FASTTECH just shipped my (silver/black) Predator Kit this morning! Looking at 7-10 days before I get it. The other colors are next day shipped (or they were) if anybody is interested.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I wonder if FT and GB are using new systems; my last 5 orders have been delivered to me in under 14 days. Can't complain on that at all.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ordered a red and a hold this morning from element vape. Also threw in a Digiflavor df for shits and giggles

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Gold that is. In stock and just got shipping confirmation a few minutes ago.

Mebejedi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damn! Not a fan of the flaring design but I love how that battery pack is designed. Like changing a battery in a camera. Can't get much safer than that.

Are these a standard off-the-shelf battery, or are you stuck with just this style for this mod? Kinda limits your options.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Are these a standard off-the-shelf battery, or are you stuck with just this style for this mod? Kinda limits your options.

The XTaste website states that it only uses a battery pack from authorized XTaste dealer so that would limit your options if the battery ever needed replacing. That pack should last a long time though.

jflo69rmnp

Member For 4 Years
I just got my Predator kit. The mod is a thing of beauty.
Perfect finish, no rattles, The 510 is perfect and engages early with lots of spring feel/travel, and utilizes TC/TCR nicely.

2 hours in, the tank is delishimus. I'm using the .25 NS head. (BTW, does anybody know what an NS head is?)

A major plus is the sliding top fill design. There is none of the typical flex found in similar rotating top-fill solutions like Smok and Bachelor. This appears to be a superior design that even has a spring bearing to click the sliding top neatly into place so it won't come open even if you forget to lock it in place by pushing the DT down.
It is flat out slick.

So far, no cons but I'm not sure if I'm gonna be a fan of un-threaded coil heads... no threads top or bottom...
Visually, it's the same basic head design as the Vaporesso, but twice as big.
I'm vaping it at 60 watts with the air half closed off... and that's still a lot of air.
I gotta admit, it tastes great.

Also one gripe... Wismec has chosen to withhold the coil material info from the public. I can find no documentation of any sort (even on the interwebz) as to WTH kinda wire is in EITHER of the 2 available head types!

And on a side note.... Fasttech is still, after all these years, the same inept business they've always been for me.
I pre-ordered from FT who promised to ship on the 20th.
On the 22nd, I still hadn't received shipping info so I looked online and saw that US sellers already had them in stock.
So I cancelled my FT order and ordered from VapeNW... The mod came today.

Oh hey, I just got a shipping notice from Slowtech!
It seems they didn't see my cancellation and sent the mod anyway.... Never again.

Great review! I also received mine today, and so far I am very pleased with it. VapeNW has been amazing for me so far. I also purchased an Alien from them and received very quickly.
I certainly second your remarks regarding ordering from overseas websites. Any potential savings is offset by the lengthy wait and absolute headache attempting to track it. Not worth it ever again for me.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine in SS. Very nice change. It's legit and will deliver the goods on good cells.
Tank has good flavor and doesn't need much power. 50-75W seems generous. Like this better than the Alien so far.
Will get other colors (box only) and seeing it for around $40 online which is a bargain!

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got mine in today
I got all of two puffs then screen went dark
Waited about an hour put battery's back in it worked for two more puffs lol
Looks like the board is over heating
Called where I got it from they say they going to send me a shipping label so they can repair or replace

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I got mine in today
I got all of two puffs then screen went dark
Waited about an hour put battery's back in it worked for two more puffs lol
Looks like the board is over heating
Called where I got it from they say they going to send me a shipping label so they can repair or replace
dam that sucks. hope they take care of you quickly

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its been 4 hours since I called then no shipping label yet
I'm hoping they stand good for it

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Got a feeling that one's paint won't peel like the alien's did.

I hope not. I'm very careful with my mods and the Alien paint started chipping within days of use.

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
Ordered a predator kit from vapeNW they had a good price on a tank I was looking for, for my wife. I decided to try there based on this thread. I will definitely check there for future purchases. As for the mod itself the fit and finish is good, better than my alien. The screen and controls are not as nice. But over all im happy with the mod. The elabo tank, as much as I want to like it, is a bit of a disappointment in the flavor category. I have been using the installed .2 coil. If it doesn't improve with the .25 coil it will end up in the back up drawer.

4pups

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey not to hijack, but I see a lot of people wishing for a centered 510. Check out the sbody droid. Centered 510, fits 25mms no problem, DNA 250 chip. Incredibly well built and you can find it for under 100 bucks. Back to your thead, sorry to interrupt.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got my Predator kit. The mod is a thing of beauty.
Perfect finish, no rattles, The 510 is perfect and engages early with lots of spring feel/travel, and utilizes TC/TCR nicely.

2 hours in, the tank is delishimus. I'm using the .25 NS head. (BTW, does anybody know what an NS head is?)

A major plus is the sliding top fill design. There is none of the typical flex found in similar rotating top-fill solutions like Smok and Bachelor. This appears to be a superior design that even has a spring bearing to click the sliding top neatly into place so it won't come open even if you forget to lock it in place by pushing the DT down.
It is flat out slick.

So far, no cons but I'm not sure if I'm gonna be a fan of un-threaded coil heads... no threads top or bottom...
Visually, it's the same basic head design as the Vaporesso, but twice as big.
I'm vaping it at 60 watts with the air half closed off... and that's still a lot of air.
I gotta admit, it tastes great.

Also one gripe... Wismec has chosen to withhold the coil material info from the public. I can find no documentation of any sort (even on the interwebz) as to WTH kinda wire is in EITHER of the 2 available head types!

And on a side note.... Fasttech is still, after all these years, the same inept business they've always been for me.
I pre-ordered from FT who promised to ship on the 20th.
On the 22nd, I still hadn't received shipping info so I looked online and saw that US sellers already had them in stock.
So I cancelled my FT order and ordered from VapeNW... The mod came today.

Oh hey, I just got a shipping notice from Slowtech!
It seems they didn't see my cancellation and sent the mod anyway.... Never again.

One thing I can tell you about the smaller threaded coil is that it is the same coil as the Amor+ and Reux Mini coil and I'm pretty sure the Vicino tank.
You're right the lack of coil info is truly stunning, here is what it says (or doesn't) on the Wismec site:

High Power Atomizer Head: Made of pure cotton wick, the 0.2ohm triple coil will make you enjoy the wonderful vapor and flavor to the maximum.
From the Wismec site Amor+ product page:
amor_plus_03.jpg
so all I can assume is that the 0.2 ohm triple coil is Kanthal...or at least NOT Ti or Ni200

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing I can tell you about the smaller threaded coil is that it is the same coil as the Amor+ and Reux Mini coil and I'm pretty sure the Vicino tank.
You're right the lack of coil info is truly stunning, here is what it says (or doesn't) on the Wismec site:

High Power Atomizer Head: Made of pure cotton wick, the 0.2ohm triple coil will make you enjoy the wonderful vapor and flavor to the maximum.
From the Wismec site Amor+ product page:
amor_plus_03.jpg
so all I can assume is that the 0.2 ohm triple coil is Kanthal...or at least NOT Ti or Ni200

Found these Wismec coils for sale, updated some of the info in the product description at least:

Wismec Amor / RX75 / Reux Mini Atomizer Coil Heads (5pcs)

Designed to coax maximum performance from a number of their sub-ohm tanks, Wismec has designed these replacement heads to perform at purely impressive levels throughout the complete length of its lifespan. Utilizing organic cotton wicking for impeccable taste and kanthal as the heating element for classically dependable performance, all it takes is replacing your spent coil, then priming the wick, and within mere moments, you'll be happily vaping away to your heart's wildest content.

Features

• Stainless Steel Chassis
    • Single Bore Design
  • Kanthal Heating Element <<<<<
    • Triple Coil
  • Resistance: 0.2 ohm
  • Compatible With:
    • RX Mini Kit
    • Reux Mini Sub-Ohm Tank
    • RX75 Kit
    • Amor Mini Sub-Ohm Tank
Box Contents

• 5x Wismec Amor / RX75 / Reux Mini Atomizer Coil Heads

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So far I'm loving both the Predator and Elabo. Originally I was just gonna get the Predator, but decided to get the kit and give the Elabo a shot, I'm glad I did because I'm really enjoying it so far. I wasn't expecting much from it, but the flavor is actually really good. I had high expectations for the Predator and it's definitely met them

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey not to hijack, but I see a lot of people wishing for a centered 510. Check out the sbody droid. Centered 510, fits 25mms no problem, DNA 250 chip. Incredibly well built and you can find it for under 100 bucks. Back to your thead, sorry to interrupt.
I'm with you. Ordered mine last month as it can hold a 30mm tank.
Oh, and I have a predator on the way too!

4pups

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm with you. Ordered mine last month as it can hold a 30mm tank.
Oh, and I have a predator on the way too!

Hey Traveler. The 26650 sbody model, 30mms no problem. The dual 18650 sbody droid model, only up to 25mms without overhang. I was referring to the dual 18650, as it is in line with form, etc to the Wismec, SX Mini, ect. To me it is just higher quality than the Wismec, without the overpriced nature of YiHi.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey Traveler. The 26650 sbody model, 30mms no problem. The dual 18650 sbody droid model, only up to 25mms without overhang. I was referring to the dual 18650, as it is in line with form, etc to the Wismec, SX Mini, ect. To me it is just higher quality than the Wismec, without the overpriced nature of YiHi.

Oh bummer. I ordered the C2D1 (dual 18650) hoping it would hold a 30mm tank. No worries it's still a very high quality mod.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Decided to pick one of these up as a back up work beater. Got a good deal from MFS for less than $44 out the door for the kit. Hoping it is decent enough.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fucking wismec and their cheap ass wiring, absolute junk....!

VU Sponsors