Become a Patron!

Wismec Predator 228 - Alien Killer?

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Smok Alien has been a very popular mod and it looks like Wismec will be releasing a new mod to compete with it, the new Wismec Predator 228. It's a very sharp looking mod, very similar to the Alien, it has a nice big screen, dual 18650s and some cool features. Looking forward to seeing reviews on this one. I just saw that it's on pre-sale, but not sure yet when it will be released.
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/WISMEC-Predator-228-with-Elabo-Kit.html

Here's the description from Wismec
Predator 228, designed by sinuous designs in USA, is powered by dual replaceable 18650 cells whose max output reaches 228W/50A. The application of plated USB ports contact makes it possible to realize 2A quick charge. And the separate battery power can be detected accurately through the upgradable firmware. Moreover, with the help of RC (reverse charging) adapter, Predator 228 can serve as a power bank to charge other electronic devices. The Elabo with retractable top filling solution and innovative childproof lock system can perfectly fit the Predator 228.

Predator 228 MOD
Size: 43.6 x 29 x 86.7mm
Thread: 510 spring loaded thread
Cell type: high-rate 18650 cell
Output mode: VW/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR mode
Output wattage: 1-228W
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm (TC);0.1-3.5(VW)
TEMP Range: 100-315C/200-600F
Max charging current: 2A
Max output current: 50A
Output voltage range: 0.5-9V

PREDATOR228_02.jpg
PREDATOR228_27.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I guess this will end up being Alien vs Predator?

You said it first. In the months ahead as a A vs P reviews come in, we'll know it started here with you.

It all comes down to the 510 and internal wiring.

If I had a vote I'm voting for sigelie KAOS as I was always a fan of Maxwell Smart.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Put the fukn 510 in the middle
Even Eleaf did something right with the cheap 60w TC mod..510 is dead center and a 25mm tanks looks awesome on one.

On another note, I do like the predator mod looks over the looks of the Alien as of right now.

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would assume the devil's in the details. Once it's been put through the paces it will be known how well things like balanced charging work, if it puts out the proper voltage/wattage it claims (don't suspect it will be an issue but hey, sigelei), internal wire gauge, 510 yay or nay on quality etc. Even if everything checks out I'm doubtful it's an alien 'killer', more like a sidegrade or competitor of equal performance giving folks a choice of style between the two.

The addition of being capable of acting as an aux power bank may be a plus for some if it's useful to them. Personally I don't have any plans or need to use my mod as a backup battery supply, the battery power is for my vape. Doesn't mean others won't be giddy over it. The included tank in the kit means squat to me for either mod since I have no plans to use either one and would use my own tank.

@Roadtrip635 - best comment of the day for sure. lmao

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
It looks pretty cool, and I have always preferred Wismec over Smok (I think their chipset sucks), so I do have high hopes for it. I just wish they would center the damned 510 connector! It makes the mod so much more balanced.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
In terms of design and innovation, the sigelei one looks way way cooler with the changeable led lights.
Sig does an awesome job with design and quality. Their chips are just shit and they lie about the output of them. Wismec chip is decent but their quality is shit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

starlord1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
n5fmmp.jpg

Ipv is coming out with a new one too, 2nd quater of 2017 is going to be a good one.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
n5fmmp.jpg

Ipv is coming out with a new one too, 2nd quater of 2017 is going to be a good one.
If it's the 9 maybe it'll be good cause their even number ones have sucked lately lol.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
My issue is why build a symmetric mod and then break symmetry by placing the 510 to one side? That just looks wrong. At least the Alien is asymmetric, and the accent lines lead towards the tank, so it looks normal instead of lopsided. Otherwise looks to have a nice screen pulled from the RX300.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't look like a bad mod at all, will be nice to see an in depth review by djlsbvapes or similar though. Not for everyone but I like the full teardown and inspection as well as comments about the 510, button rattle (if any), electrical performance etc.

Agree with @Eskie though, would have been a nice touch to have the 510 centered on a symmetrical mod.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree the 510 should be centered. Many devices when disassembled show the reason for the off center placement. They would need to be approx 10mm taller to center it. Mods like the dotbox 300, OTOH, have plenty of room for a centered 510 so there's no excuse for it.

As for this box. Looks great. Looks like it will have the firing bar like the Alien too.
And the finish looks like other Wismec devices so it shouldn't start to flake off before the first bottle of juice is gone. ;)
If it fires down to .05 in VW mode that is great news indeed!

On the display I wish they would add a simple mode that displayed the wattage in bigger numbers. These displays are quite busy but for everyday grab and vape and go users having the wattage or temp in big numbers, DNA style, make it easier. This mode could be toggled back and forth with a simple button combination press.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree the 510 should be centered. Many devices when disassembled show the reason for the off center placement. They would need to be approx 10mm taller to center it. Mods like the dotbox 300, OTOH, have plenty of room for a centered 510 so there's no excuse for it.

As for this box. Looks great. Looks like it will have the firing bar like the Alien too.
And the finish looks like other Wismec devices so it shouldn't start to flake off before the first bottle of juice is gone. ;)
If it fires down to .05 in VW mode that is great news indeed!

On the display I wish they would add a simple mode that displayed the wattage in bigger numbers. These displays are quite busy but for everyday grab and vape and go users having the wattage or temp in big numbers, DNA style, make it easier. This mode could be toggled back and forth with a simple button combination press.
I like the idea of a simple display mode. The screen is beautiful and big, but I don't need all the info all the time and a few key stats in a simple mode would be great.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's nice to see more options with a firing bar vs a button. Maybe it's just me but I find it really comfortable.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
It's nice to see more options with a firing bar vs a button. Maybe it's just me but I find it really comfortable.
I'm the other way, I prefer a button over a bar for firing the mod. I had some bad experiences with Smok firing bars in the past, and I just don't care for them auto-firing in my pocket. It tends to become a painful experience quickly. :)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm the other way, I prefer a button over a bar for firing the mod. I had some bad experiences with Smok firing bars in the past, and I just don't care for them auto-firing in my pocket. It tends to become a painful experience quickly. :)
That's why u always lock a device before pocketing. Fire bar or button

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
That's why u always lock a device before pocketing. Fire bar or button

I've NEVER had a problem with a button auto-firing, so being lazy, I'll worry about that when it happens the first time! ;)

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Watched DJLsb's review on the 300 today. He says the 510 is much improved. Toward the end he says the Predator 510 is even better than the 300's. So there's that.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And the 300 doesn't do balanced charging, so I wouldn't expect the Predator to do it either.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, that's a vast improvement in the looks department over the Alien. IMO, the Alien is kinda ugly with its oddly shaped screen.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Damn that's a nice looking mod. Wouldn't mind picking one up in both the white and rose gold.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've heard that Wismec said they are not using the regular Joyetech 510 for this mod, which is great news.
Saw that mentioned in Mike's Vape review. but only time will tell. Btw Gearbest had them for $40 right now.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've heard that Wismec said they are not using the regular Joyetech 510 for this mod, which is great news.
this one isn't designed by jaybo so there is hope lol. i plan on getting one and taking it apart to see.

also regardless of what DJLsb said, i don't agree with his assessment on the rx300 510 pin. I respect his opinion for sure, but I still think it's crap. I'll post pics of what it really looks like though and let you all be the judge yourselves

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Someone also said that it looks like a cheap knockoff of the SX mini G class, which makes some sense :D
Regardless, price comparing you cant beat this predator if you like this style of mod, also I like where the 510 is compared to the SX mini G class, and the finish on this mod is nice, watch the Mike Vapes review

If you're a alien fan then I'm sure you'll like this mod even more

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Call me contrary, but as an Alien owner, I don't really melt for the Predator. It looks good, but not better, IMO. Center the 510 and I may change my mind.
I'm not melting either but i will pick one up. it looks like it could be the best wismec device to date (not that the bar is very high lol)

VU Sponsors