Become a Patron!

Wismec Active 80w

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This mod kit was sent to me for review. Here is where you can get it:

https://store.wismec.com/

The active mod for the active person and it truly is!

I gotta say this mod is pretty cool for a standard regulated 80w mod. What makes it stand out is it’s bluetooth speaker and waterproof ‘armor’.

I spent a few days in the bush with it to see how rugged this mod actually is and if it can handle the rough terrain of northern Quebec - and it did!

I was super impressed by the quality of the armor and the shock value. I dropped it a few times on (on purpose for this review) on rocks, off trees, and randomly on the trail. Other than some dirt the mod functioned just fine after.

Next was water. I turned the bluetooth speaker on and put it in the river for about 30 seconds or so. I could still hear the music playing faintly in the water and when i pulled it out and shook it off it worked perfectly.

After a few hours I took a break and started a campfire. Sat by the fire with music playing from the mod - really impressed with the quality. I walked about 30 feet a way with my phone before It started to cut out.

N1bOX8a5Q9zyvNMDRF7ppGukMaj0V7SABCxL1e0enJIjL6Y41SLWq68Zo03wNxfWSpHAajWwLX8u8QQqrlco_PrGqRN8SgAlVCbTDJ-NqwsgRB1PmhWM9MAp1FPwZclHNHGi45c

I have a few bluetooth speakers I take out on hikes my UE Boom and Monster, and no the sound quality is not as good as, but very comparable considering.
fIvU1JsGrtXI7s_p92KwxWas4AN0QzPv_T3XYHAIY57OHlLh58_vDom2DwuUxotB2LXaS_iSPKJStRx75mlVAammn66WCr4c8X43OfgGWc5XMhhldyHx1Qv6MP-_FJovb8vnPcI

The battery life is also very good. But I only ran it at 20w with the included wismec mtl tank. Spent a full day out in the bush, roughly 5 hrs, and I still had about 20% or so left.

Now the sleebves are interchangeable and you get lots of colors. My sample came with a few and a hook tab for my belt. I like the camoflage.

Now it has a pretty standard menu and you can do TC (with the right coils). It has all the features you expect from the newest mods. I had no issue navigating the menu. The USB port must be closed foir it to be waterproof so only take out the tab when charging or upgrading.

rggbuj6bnvC_MSMBAF3fX275orbDhlAqEXPmXSW1eRd6Y3sWT_rcTFT_6EdcBVlqJoy6nuvluU_bhTlr1JWqLNhd88-F-5Sxvdy-Rs7mMgQIfbrvAeHLKm-Pd7GvWK3WyZzZOUY
I will say this about the tank, and I rarely use mtl’s, the flavor was pretty good, as good as most my rda’s, but unfortunately the coil that came with burnt after 3 days use. I’m now using a falcon on it at around 50w and it is pretty damn good. Now it comes with two coils. Maybe the second is better and maybe I just got a bad coil. I was also playing with the watts at the beginning. Otherwise the tank was quite nice. Easy to fill and take apart.

So overall:
Over all I would say this is a rugged bush mod. Great for hiking, camping or bush crafting. Easy to carry around with the included carabiner, light weight and can put up with a lot of abuse. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who spends time outdoors.

Only real cons was the coil lasyted only 3 days (was chain vaping it pretty heavy I admit) and the tank is MTL - not for the DL guys. The airflow is good but restricted. I personally do not find that a con because the battery life vaping MTL is great.

Here are the specs and what is included in the kit (this is from the wismec site)

Features of Active with Amor NS Plus
  • Color: Black, Silver, Orange
  • Mod Size: 55.6mm*26.6mm*94.5
  • Tank Size: 27*47mm
  • Battery Capacity: 2100mAh
  • Output Wattage: 1-80W
  • E-liquid Capacity: 2ml/4.5ml
  • Output Mode: VW/Bypass/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR mode
  • Resistance Range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC modes, 0.05-3.5ohm for VW mode
  • Temperature Range: 100-315°C/200-600°F (TC modes)
  • Maximum Charging Current: 2A
  • Maximum Output Current: 50A
  • Output Voltage Range: 0.5-9V
  • Thread: 510 spring loaded connector
Features of Active with Amor NS Plus
  • Not only an ecig but also an innovative bluetooth speaker.