Become a Patron!

Wire slips out of the drill

Hi peeps! I´m new here, so sorry if this question has been posted before (probably has), but I just have a simple question. I just bought my first drill and getting into coil buidling, which I really enjoy, but when making clapton/fused clapton coils, the wire(s) usually slips out of the drill at least 4-5 times in the process. It holds a little bit better with the fused dual wires, but no matter how hard I try, it slips out every time. I bought the drill used, but I can´t see any damage to the "claw" (or what it´s called in drill language). Any tips? Btw here´s a photo of the drill/claw, in case someone uses the same.
53001570_585299011939434_4762615386866712576_n.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you make a bend in the wire in an L shape so it actually goes between the teeth it should hold better

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hi peeps! I´m new here, so sorry if this question has been posted before (probably has), but I just have a simple question. I just bought my first drill and getting into coil buidling, which I really enjoy, but when making clapton/fused clapton coils, the wire(s) usually slips out of the drill at least 4-5 times in the process. It holds a little bit better with the fused dual wires, but no matter how hard I try, it slips out every time. I bought the drill used, but I can´t see any damage to the "claw" (or what it´s called in drill language). Any tips? Btw here´s a photo of the drill/claw, in case someone uses the same.
View attachment 132753
Appears to be a 1/2 inch drill. Either buy a 3/8 inch drill, or bend an "L" at the ends of your wires and let the sides of the jaws grab them. This will prevent your wire from slipping out. I use a 1/2 drill for simple Claptons, and a 3/8 drill for more exotic builds. Easier to control the wire and the RPMs of the spin.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

VU Sponsors