Become a Patron!

Will vapor come up on a drug test?

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey all, I applied for a job at my local grocery store. Spoke with the manager, he said both of my interviews went great. (I can't stand my current job. I've had enough of my current situation there... That's another story) He said we are a "drug free" zone. Ever since he told me that I haven't been vaping. Thinking that either the VG, PG or the flavor will come up. So the question is, am I safe to vape? If not, what's in ejuice that will or could possibly come up? They're doing a mouth swab. So it's not a piss or blood test.

will.cox.779

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Youll be fine bro.. there's nothing in it that will cause you to test positive for illicit drugs

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Illicit drugs, no - but there are some companies that test for tobacco use, and I have heard of the nicotine in e-liquid getting people popped as tobacco users and barred from getting health care or being forced to pay penalty premiums - I don't think UFCW outfits go this far, though it might be worth looking into. In any case, it shouldn't bar you from employment, though it might get you a slap on the wrist.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Illicit drugs, no - but there are some companies that test for tobacco use, and I have heard of the nicotine in e-liquid getting people popped as tobacco users and barred from getting health care or being forced to pay penalty premiums - I don't think UFCW outfits go this far, though it might be worth looking into. In any case, it shouldn't bar you from employment, though it might get you a slap on the wrist.
I vape 0mg. Would that make a difference?

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think that vaping pg-vg are going to have any effect on a pre-employment drug screen.

A saliva test will only tell them if you've used drugs in the last day or 2.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude they would have to go 100% diet nazi to due a test for either.
Use soap? VG shows up.
Eat ice cream or packaged? PG shows up.

Ello110

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only thing that could bother them is the nicotine which you don't use. Rule in drug tests generally is that if it's not a drug, med, or any kind of "substance" than it won't do anything bad for the test (some very small exceptions ofc).

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They will probably do a 7 panel screen, vaping won't show up unless they test for Nic, which you don't use, so you are in the clear.

JahmezOkieDokie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just to expand on what (constructive) information has been given so far;

A drug free zone only concerns itself with illicit drugs,

It doesn't pick up nicotine or alcohol. Usually, if you get dropped for those drugs, it is because you are letting it effect your job.

Also, VG and PG are not drugs. In fact, vegetable glycerine is used in toothpaste, cosmetics, shampoos, soaps, herbal remedies, pharmaceuticals, and other household items. And Propylene Glycol is used as a preservative in multiple foods, coffee-based drinks, liquid sweeteners, ice cream, whipped dairy products and soda.
At 0 mg you aren't using nicotine which means that you are only inhaling 2 things that are found in products you use daily already. So, there is no need to worry if you are not an illicit drug addict.

VU Sponsors